I don't get all the concerns about Open PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by OldSpice, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Cool story bro!

The PKers did so much damage to the new player base in UO that it almost killed the game. The 'Good' players either learned to ignore them or tried to kill the easiest of the bunch but they could do nothing about the problem so it escalated. Further, multiple accounts made it impossible for any sort of punitive measures to really stick.

The monkeys were running the zoo and it didn't work.

I don't think there is a single valid argument that can be made for just turning over a game to the players and letting them decide how things should be run. There has to be controls and there has to be guidance on expected behavior, otherwise things go way south way fast. You might be a mild mannered book keeper by day, but a night you could be camping the moongates killing new players for kicks. Sorry, not acceptable anymore.

This game is definitely not going to be WoW, but it's not going to be UO either. The PKs ruined that for themselves and the damage they did to the entire gaming industry will never ever be repaired. Good job guys! Keep complaining because you brought it on yourselves! ***Big Thumbs Up***

docdoom77, NRaas and Xandra7 like this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

really! all the PVE people rule thus far in this game and they will eventually destroy it! Im sorry but if you cant deal with pvp then dont put your damn slider on pvp! problem solved, on the other hand just like you PVE want a choice so do us PVP, and we dont have a problem leaving our slider in pvp, so dont try and ruin games for us on the other hand! like you all have been doing! Hopefully we will have an option to keep you pve out of our world! and vice versus! just another thread showing how PVE is trying to design our world! I am not a PK that rolls up on you because your weak and vulnerable im the PVP that runs up on the PK that just killed you and kills them! I have reasoning behind my kills! and i shouldnt be pushed aside because somone either paid more, or is afraid of the PVP world so hopefully they will leave the slider intact to separate us from them!

Time Lord and apoc01 like this.
  3. aparks

aparks Avatar

I say it every day and the PvE'ers crap on my idea.

Make 2 servers:

1) PvE/Role Play Server with restricted PvP such as no loot loss upon death in que up arena based duels and que up guild v guild castle sieges and PvP zones with no consequences from dying and no rewards from winning.

2) Unrestricted Open world full loot PvP server that is Risk v Reward.

This should be something both sides could agree upon. And yet the PvE guys want us stuck on their Anti PvP servers suffering so they have more people to sell their crafted items to. But guess what, if we are stuck on a server like that EVERY ONE will be making their own stuff and no one would be buying any of your crafted items.

And before you argue the Slider/TABing over from PvE Mode into PvP mode. This does not satisfy the Hardcore PvPer mind set. We want a open world full of risk v reward with our heads on a swivel always looking for someone jumping out behind a tree. We love the adrenaline rush we get from that. The REWARD side of the argument is we love overcoming people in battle that tries to jump us. We love sneaking up on people and killing them. We love getting loot bags as a reward for being the better pvper.

Another argument you have: You just like being wolves and sneaking up on the lambs.
    If we had our own PvP server. Everyone there would be both the lamb and the wolf. We farm and craft just as much as you role players and PvE'ers do. But at the end of the day we like to top it off with some hardcore PvP.

So I say again you PvE guys should have your own server with restricted arena pvp like all of the WOW clone games and we PvPers should have our own server that is Risk V Reward.

apoc01 and blaquerogue like this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Most people say PVP is the same as PK which it is not! they are 2 different things, but youll never be able to get them to understand that! I would be just as happy to attack a guy that plays an evil character and am open to being attacked by the evil guy as well! PVP for me nothing less! I have plenty of one player games, i can play if i dont feel like getting pkd! or subjecting myself to pvp way!

5. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I bet it's more than the PvErs that don't like your idea. The Devs already said NO and RG already said NO, so I think your answer is NO!

docdoom77 likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well just make the game more complicated for the devs to design, open world full loot pvp, RP. PVE, Guild wars. It can be much simpler to just make PVP and PVE sliders! But lets complicate things more and take more time in making game before we can actually play this!!!! Im so sick of it! same argument, over and over Ned you and i will never agree! i m good with that, just like others will not agree with each other! Nothing new this conversation! let me beat this dead horse some more!

7. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

PVP is PK by it's very definition, you are fighting and killing players. The difference is whether it's voluntary or not. I don't think you realize that the play style you condone (Anti-PK) supports and encourages murderers. See, without them you can't play, so you WANT them in the game. Therefore you are, if not one of them, an enabler. That makes you as bad as them in my book.

PvP that is structured and fun is well... structured and fun. Lawless and unregulated PvP is neither.

vjek likes this.
  8. apoc01

apoc01 Avatar

You know nothing so stop trying to act like you do. PVP will be in the game we know. Other than that we do not know anything.

9. apoc01

apoc01 Avatar

Structured and voluntary = boring and pathetic, I do not care to be in the same game world as you at any point in history..

10. GBJackson

GBJackson Avatar

It's not that I cannot "deal" with PvP... I have no TIME for it. PvP is not the sole reason I play MMOs. I have a busy real life schedule. I don't have hours and hours to blow on games, but I like to play when I can, and the last thing I want it to be minding my own business and get ganked by someone who thinks that PvP is the end all and be all of online gaming and that everyone ought to think the same about it. I was GLAD when Trammel was introduced. I had a choice. I made it. And I found myself enjoying the game a whole lot more as a result.

And that is what games are about: Fun and Enjoyment. If I cannot have fun and enjoy a game, then I will not play that game.

I remember reading about a guy in UO who intentionally dressed in gear that gave no indication that he was a veteran player with 100 in several combat skills. He would go out where the PKers were and just walk by, then when they attacked, he plowed them over. Talk about rage? The PKers flung insults at him. Again, it's not PvP they are after. It's the ability to grief others that they want, and they scream like spoiled brats when the tables get turned on them. That is why so many "PvPers" hated Trammel. It took away their power over the enjoyment of others. I support any game that gives its players the power of choice in terms of what they wish to be subject to.

As I said, Selective Multiplayer should solve this problem very nicely. Those who want to gank can knock themselves out. Those who don't won't have to worry about it.

docdoom77, Phredicon, Ned888 and 3 others like this.
  11. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I'm not arguing, I'm stating common knowledge. They said there would not be separate servers and I believe them.

docdoom77, NRaas and vjek like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

im for the open PVP option yes! and im also for PVE option! but i want them separate! so i dont have to listen to whining! and yes i can play my toon with out you being part of the game, if there is an evil PK, he not only Pk's the weak and innocent he also pks me and my friends that are in PVP! so none the less i will find the evil doer and eventually kill him he will find US other pvp choosers and kill us so my game will still be intact! without you or other PVE!

13. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

That's good news! I will be in PvP, but since you won't get your ability to grief, I guess you won't be, right? It's only boring because you don't get to gank, right? You don't get to kill someone who doesn't want any interaction with you and steal their stuff, right? Pft! Come play and see what they offer you. It's been stated many times that this will not be a rehash of UO. I think you should try to make the best of it and offer real live suggestions that might actually be integrated into the game.

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i totally agree i dont have alot of time to spend on crafting crap! becuase like you i have a life outside of the game, all i will have to do is build my fighting skills and then i can go fight other players, that i think deserve it, (my personal outlook!) then i can run around and have fun doing that just like the others that are in PVE having fun thier way! Im a big supporter of optional PVP and PVE! on my side of the slider i will be happy and on your side you will be happy!

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

so dont separate the server but separate the game play! Im good with that both sides are happy!

docdoom77, NRaas and Ned888 like this.
  16. GBJackson

GBJackson Avatar

Fair enough for me

/salute

Ned888 likes this.
  17. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I think you will get your wish on this one.

docdoom77 and blaquerogue like this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok heres my question why be in pvp if you hate getting ganked and your stuff taken? I dont understand, thats just part of being able to attack others! wether its you attacking or you being attacked!

apoc01 likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

/Salute!

20. apoc01

apoc01 Avatar

I think its hilarious that you believe unless you are able to horde trinkets and gear in the game then your not making progress. Even if you get PKed you still are gaining skill and advancing your character, but if you die one time to a PKer then you throw a baby fit since you lost some equipment that's easily replaced. We all have very busy lives, but just cause you die in the game doesn't mean you "WASTED" your time, it just means you have to put some new armor on. Not so difficult and dramatic as you make it sound.

blaquerogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.