Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well I voted for full loot but the poll is still worth nothing when it comes to what the players generally wants.. ;)

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I find this one amusing : "PVE - Only - Full Looting"

What does it actually mean ?
    1. The user is primarily PvE, but wants full looting in the PvP environment ?
    2. The user is primarily PvE, but wants their corpse to be lootable even if they themselves are not flagged for PvP ?
    3. The user is primarily PvE, but wants the ability for anyone to fully loot their PvE kills ?
    The Poll itself is so incredibly ambiguous all on its own, irregardless of sample size.

Even if one restricts the pool of users to those who read this section of the forum, what exactly do the results even represent ? :)

3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Don't forget players that want mobs to loot them.

NRaas likes this.
  4. Owain

Owain Avatar

I tried to resist, but resistance is futile.

Irregardless is not a word.

There. I fell much better now.

Crikey, Aegis159 and acrylic_300 like this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

6. Owain

Owain Avatar

There are many words that are frequently used incorrectly. The fact that it is possible to utter nonsense doesn't make nonsense any more appealing.

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

So from your perspective, the usage of less common, but still perfectly valid, words is to be considered "uttering nonsense" ?

An intriguing insight. :)

8. Owain

Owain Avatar

From your own link.
    If you want to sound less than educated, that's your business.

9. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Oh God! You all are making me cry so hard I'm laughing.

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

I aim to please. I'll be here all week. Tip your waiter, and be sure to try the veal.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Must... re...sist..

Nope can't resist.

It is a word.

"Ir" = not
    regard = root word
    "less" = not with

"Ir" cancels out "less" so you end up with regard as the meaning of the word.

The opposite of the definition intended... or is it O.O

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

Regardless is sufficient. Irregardless is the equivalent of a double negative.

Edit: the only reason I mention it is because decades ago, it was beat into my skull by my father and numerous teachers. I'm just Pavlov's dog here, salivating to a conditioned response.

Aegis159 likes this.
  13. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

At least it wasn't sans regard. Now there is an annoying way to say it.

14. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

I will not be playing eithet if pvp is tamed for the boy who used real money to buy his items.. if you want to keep them dont come into unprotected areas...grow some man parts and take a risk..enjoy the thrills open pvp allows. Or have another boring game with low population that will die out in a year cause when archeage comes out all the pvpers will leave....if they even started the game to begin with.. alot of people who pledged are alrdy backing out cuz pvp isnt what they thought.. im waiting for offcial word..

15. Tanis

Tanis Avatar

I started playing Ultima III on my Amiga 500 in 1984 and I haven't stopped playing games designed by Richard Garriott since. I can confidently tell you that nobody understands what draws people too and pushes people away from Lord British's games more so than Lord British himself. I trust that Mr. Garriott has learned enough over the last 30+ years that he will provide all of us old school UO gamers the opportunity to dwell in a land that allows full loot. Seige Perilous ring any bells?

Long Live Lord British and R>A of Great Lakes!

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is a poorly constructed poll...

Personally, I'm PVE... but I support the PvP player's right to do whatever they wish with others who consent to the same rules. Don't want to step on your game, and just want the return of the favor.

Also, it's unlikely this straw poll will have any valid results as it is a straw poll, and not a scientific survey. It's placement in the PvP forum alone will skew the results.

Time Lord and Crikey like this.
  17. Womby

Womby Avatar

I can appreciate that there are people who would really like to have full loot on death in PVP. Who doesn't like loot?
    I can also see the problems that come with this in story progression, people not using their best gear, and encouraging PVEers into PVP.
    So, I'd like to suggest a compromise.

Full loot, HOWEVER, there exists an instanced replacement store where a player can purchase an identical replacement (including wear and tear) of any item that he or she has ever owned that has subsequently been looted.
    This replacement cannot be sold, and should cost at least as much as the average market rate for this type of item. This is to prevent intentional gear duplication exploits, and depression of market values due to oversupply.
    This would allow people to recover lost equipment so that they could continue in a given story line, etc., while adding the thrill of full loot as a reward for skill in combat.

18. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

If and only if a really great item did get acquired, yes I know the devs have said items will not have uber stats, then there is still an easy two man exploit.

Top of the line items always experience price escalation on the open market, because there are surprising numbers of players willing to bust the bank to own one.

Get one such item, have your buddy looot you, he sells it, you buy another from the store. He gives you the price of the replacement plus half the profits.

Rinse repeat till the open market price approaches the item repurchase price.

At this point both players are filthy rich, and the community is flooded by slightly dinged up copies of the latest and greatest weapon. Depreciation, market flooding, and devaluation of multiple market pathways occurs.

19. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Your scenario assumes you can repeatedly purchase the identical item at a price point that is less than what you sold it for. I have never seen this in any game that understands, even slightly, basic economics. What game has ever permitted vendors to sell at a loss? I'd LOL while minting myself a vast fortune as well if that were the case. Cut out your looting buddy and keep the profits for yourself.

In a free market you buy/sell what the market can bear. If some clueless noobie lists rares for a silver piece and you corner the market then so be it. I'd obviously be purchasing said items from you at a higher price. But I can guarantee you that I will not be re-listing them for lower than what I paid. Thus your profit would occur only once. I enjoy playing the market on occasion and speculating price moves - a totally valid and permissible occupation in a free market. Hopefully someone smarter than myself is employed by Portalarium to ensure the game economy stays vibrant and healthy.

20. Dadalama

Dadalama Avatar

except when you need to clean out some storage space...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.