Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

Well, zombie boar, of course. And your brains, too.

2. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

I think we really need actual information on the actual death mechanics, and what they're intending for us to happen while and after being dead. We know we're something Otherworldly just by the nature of being an Avatar, and I'd like to see some actual interesting events happening through Death rather than it just being a run to a corpse to claim it back. People are arguing realism in the context of someone having just died and theres a possibility that they're going to come running back from that-a-way any minute now to claim their corpse back? I haven't really heard of that happening very much iRL.

Personally, I checked my realism at the door the moment we had walking skeletons, alien wisps, dragons, and an exploded moon that occasionally fires fragments of itself at the planet that causes really really messed up effects to the local flauna (and thats not a typo XD) Heck. Realism got a ticket out of town the moment Ultima was mentioned, since the setting is basically the Thomas Covenant of videogames.

3. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

In real life one in maybe 10 gamers are pvers..everyone else is interested in pvp... n pve play a game for a year orso then go to the nxt game..pvpers play for years n years look at the 3 best open pvp games..uo 15 years eve 11 years n not rreleased in north America yet.. archeage witch on many many forums n magazines n reveiws is the new style mmo cuz people are sick of themepark games where everyone rides the same ride.. archeage has awesome open pvp a crim system.. thieves..everythin old uo had.. n alot of population. This is the way games are going so dont tell use about how games been for last 15 years.. there horrible n get boring n ppppl are looking for open sandbox worlds.. i just hope sota relize s this trend or there gonna make another game in witvh people are sick of..n im affraid ppl will just play archeage.. especially cuz its us release is before sotas.. so if we dont no whats going on with pvp here soon I bet sota pop will be low n boring n the game will die within a year from release..

ps archeage also world class crafting n player housing n transportation. ? Plus reds are pirates how sweet.

4. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

169 / 229 are FULL LOOT,
    It's very crazy to see 3 or 4 people who want us to believe that it means nothing.
    Well try.
    But pity, stop taking us for fools.

Is that the next step is to sell to people that are 50% of players who are no full loot?

Bolck and Ariak_Veridis like this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It doesn't mean nothing, it means what it says, 169/229 of the people that voted.

The first question you must have an answer for is WHY did someone vote in this poll. The second is why DIDn't someone vote in this poll. Then you must build a sample group out of equal potions of both groups. Yes, that means you need to get people that wouldn't normally vote in here and voting.

We know people are getting outspoken about full loot pvp, because some people assumed pre Tram UO, so we know why people vote (among other reasons). Do we know why people don't vote, and how to get them in here?

Joviex likes this.
  6. Ara

Ara Avatar

It says among the ones that decided to vote in this poll a huge majority wanted full loot in the game.

Yes there are a few here on the forums that try to tell us this poll is worthless. Only reason for that is as i see it they fear if full loot was implemented.

Removing full loot can be a very bad business decision. I for example will never play SotA without full loot.

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Can I haz yur stuf

8. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

ote="Ristra, post: 138521, member: 13302"]It doesn't mean nothing, it means what it says, 169/229 of the people that voted.

The first question you must have an answer for is WHY did someone vote in this poll. The second is why DIDn't someone vote in this poll. Then you must build a sample group out of equal potions of both groups. Yes, that means you need to get people that wouldn't normally vote in here and voting.

We know people are getting outspoken about full loot pvp, because some people assumed pre Tram UO, so we know why people vote (among other reasons). Do we know why people don't vote, and how to get them in here?[/quote]
    Seriously I get its not exact but it does means somthin..I bet even you are surprised about the result.. im not I recognized what type of players would be playing this game.. but then agian them same players are plenty mad right now with the rumors n just waiting for offical word before pledging more n gettin rdy to switch gamez.. I hope this can happen.. the balls in the devs court... remeber * if you build it right they will come* field of dreamz lol. Most of you prob to young to remembrr the movie Field of Dreams please devs make us happy we have been waiting forever I beg thee

9. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Im sorry for my bad english. Its my third language.

10. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Your English is fine...focus on your Quoting skilz :)

You are clipping it off. Edit and add [qu at the start.

PaCOatlanticBaja and NRaas like this.
  11. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

None of the choices above fit me... i consider this poll to be too limiting.... where are some of the other hybrid choices that should be available based upon what we do know from Starr and other devs as well as based upon what other routes games have gone with PVP and Loot since 1996.

Alexander and Phredicon like this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Out of 7 billion people on the planet, 150ish people mean what? The poll must have scope. If all you care about is the results, we can make a poll to get any results we want. Just ask a politician or someone in advertising.

If you are trying to say that people are arguing that no one wants full loot, that's just a straw man people just can see this poll is biased. Of course some people want full loot. The more important question is do those people that want full loot believe that there could be an equal or better loot system. If the devs are saying full loot is counter productive to other systems and they have other options, why not wait and see what they have to offer.

It's not exact but it agrees with what you want so it's acceptable, I understand.

The fact is, it says nothing, it's not a lie, it is what it is, it is incomplete for a data set and represents only a select group of people, very potentially biased select group of people.

13. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Exactly. It really amounts to nothing. It is like someone walking into a room full of people buying comics and asking who here likes comics.

You need to broaden the scope of the poll to actually put it in front of people who never frequent this area. We are talking about a PVP poll in the PVP area, which a lot of people never frequent.

So are the results really that surprising?

Alexander likes this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I propose a poll about donuts.

Alexander, NRaas and Joviex like this.
  15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Please do, I would love to poke holes in that one. :)

Jambot likes this.
  16. haplodocus

haplodocus Avatar

Just submit this vote on the general forum.

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Have to be careful on how one words it though.

The Moderators tend to move PvP related threads into this forum if they appear in other sections of the site. :)

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

Then based upon what we've been hearing from the devs since the start of the Kickstarter, the huge majority who took part in your poorly sampled poll are going to be hugely disappointed.

19. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Do you live in a parallel reality ?

PVP - Consensual - No Looting 28 vote(s)12.0%
    PVP- Consensual - Full Looting 45 vote(s)19.2%
    PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting 4 vote(s)1.7%
    PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting 105 vote(s)44.9%
    PVE - Only - No Looting 28 vote(s)12.0%
    PVE - Only - Full Looting 24 vote(s)10.3%

One thing is clear, Portalarium lives in the real world and will reflect the will of the people.

Unless ....?????????????????????????

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yiu likes this.
  20. Ara

Ara Avatar

As stated by developers "things can change".

And since a majority seem to want full loot then i see no reason not going for just that.

SotA pledgers seem to enjoy risk vs reward and consequences which is very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.