Combat is fun

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Isaiah, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ulysses

Lord Ulysses Avatar

I guess im to oldschool in that case.!

Yeah i said let the options to be able to play as someone who can wield all abilities from all classes still be in game but limited to someone who was more speced into a certain side. Physical/Magery Spellcraft. There are many different ways it could be done, The way i was looking at it was say at the start of the game you get 3 choices. or 4 another idea just sprung to mind...

create a character then choose from either
    Physical, Magery, Mixed or Crafting.

PHYISCAL
    ** Physical would have its own sub classes or abilitys that you could mix and match to you liking but at a higher rate a (Hybrid, Mixed) Player could do. E.g. (access to the best spell a physical player class will have like say a rouge would initiate an attack with ambush a Hybrid Mixed player wouldnt be able to use this spell)
    Higher Hp´s then others
    No focus
    Can not tame animals

MIXED
    **Mixed would be what we have now but cant access the last or certain spells in general. limited but has it all so to speak...
    Balanced Hp´s / Focus
    Can tame certain animals

MAGERY
    **Magery would be the most powerful mages that know the spells in the last tier... (Access to highest level spells in all magery tiers, pure power no others can summon)
    Lowest Hp´s
    Highest Focus
    Cant tame animals

CRAFTING
    **Crafting lets you to pump all your points into crafting only if you like.(how do you defend your selfs? taming?)
    Balanced Hp´s / Focus
    Some kind of pet healng spells that require focus.
    Can tame the best Pets possible (a baby dragon that you can command until he grows up and becoming more an more uncontrollably wild as he grows in size over a month period perhaps?)

Still plenty Varied classes! just a insight to what was running through my head lol

2. Espada

Espada Avatar

That sounds familiar.... 2hnd + plate for the win against casters, right, Lord Spaz? :)

Agreed!

Lord Spaz, Slayer Exodus and Gaelis like this.
  3. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Bah espada.... I tried to discreetely say WARRIOR VERY MUCH OP and again you ruin my plans :p

Espada, Slayer Exodus and Gaelis like this.
  4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I think you guys are nuts. I don't think I lost to a single warrior one on one with heavy armor all week as a caster. :rolleyes:

5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

..... on open spaces :rolleyes:.

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  6. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Assuming training and trainers (which I never liked... as if people cannot learn anything on their own:rolleyes:), can we please avoid the fiasco of earlier Ultima games where some trainers were simply better than others? In U7, for example, you just got better value from some trainers than from others. I don't want to be pouring through FAQs and saving skill points until I encounter the "good" trainers.

Thanks for listening.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is one thing I would like to see is if one of these guys are trainers, let them be really good at combat if the place comes under siege. I don't know if NPCs will be able to be attacked or not, but the guards sound like they will attack people who fight in towns. Maybe these trainers might surprise a few people and jump out and go... WAAAaaaaaahhhh! Pop, pop, slash, pop, baaaam... your dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.