Is anyone a fan of the inventory system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zyco, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyco

Zyco Avatar

Maybe its just me, but the small items in the small bags (1080p resolution on 17" laptop) is very hard to control. I cant pick up bows, swords other weapons and even fishing poles (at least I think they are fising poles) without major click fests trying to find the 'right' area to click on. I am nto sure if the scale is off or the click boxes on the items are too small.

Also, its really a PITA to dig thru bags when you have a large number of items in there.. I started to use the inventory list option and its been better tho. I kept loosing my coconuts in the bags the other way.. lol

Schmidbauer and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Being able to resize bags would be nice.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

The dragging is just a bit sticky, I don't know from lag or what. Its not that you're missing the items, they're really not smaller visually than in previous Ultima games, its that clicks don't quite stick all the time.

docdoom77, Kaisa and smack like this.
  4. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

I want to use the bag system as much as I can but the longer I play the more often I switch to list mode. It's far to clunky in bag mode to grab the items I need quickly.

I run at 2560x1440 so that probably is helping things.

Lord Baldrith and Kaisa like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

If the graphical view doesn't work for you, you can always switch to the list view mode. That's how I roll. ;)

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The list view is horrible but navigating through the backpack is tedious right now. The backpack is too small in size (so are the minimaps). Either it should be at least twice as big or resizable. Also a sorting grid like in Ultima 9 would be great.

Kaisa and docdoom77 like this.
  7. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I also like the "baggy" bags, but at the moment it's nigh impossible to grab arrows, torches and other small items :(

P.S.: The backpack size feels right only at 1920x1080: if you lower your resolution the bags will take almost all of your screen, while if you raise it they become too tiny.
    How about making the whole UI resizeable?

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

It wouldn't need to be larger if they contains less items .. which will probably be the case when item limits are put in :/ Right now because of the testing phase you can dump any number of things you want in your bag.

I think it definitely needs to be improved, though. Just don't think the size is what the problem is.

9. stile

stile Avatar

Yep, huge fan - love it!!!!

Would like to see ability to sell items via drag and drop.

Also would like to be able to loot a corpse with a loot all option.

The option to double click an an item either on screen or in corpse and have it go to my packs.

Would like the corpse loot box to open wherever i had closed it last.

But as far as what we have so far and the overall system a+

10. Daggerithian

Daggerithian Avatar

Love it! so glad the inventory system is actually like Ultima 7 and Ultima Online. Of course after some tweaking and such it will be perfect. I'm right with Sir Strile Teckel on this!

Gaelis and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I've been using the bag/freeform view almost exclusively with my main monitor running at 1920x1080 and yes, the bags are about right at that resolution. Scaling is absolutely necessary as can easily be shown with UO's 2d bag/freeform inventory which was the right size when monitors were 640x480 or 800x600 but have become about the size of a postage stamp or smaller on modern resolutions.

The minimaps at my resolution are a bit big IMO mainly because they show the entire area instead of a small section as is usually done.

Rampage202 and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  12. dweebothegeek

dweebothegeek Avatar

I also love the inventory system

Gaelis and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  13. Malekin McKracken

Malekin McKracken Avatar

Mountains, Rocks, SAND and HEAT!! far from home
    Are you dropping frequently used "Non Combat" items in the quick bar below? Fishing poles, skinning knife, tools and even the maps can be pulled down to the area at the bottom....... makes switching easy.........

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  14. stile

stile Avatar

This is great, except they vanish when you leave a zone and you have to redo it. :(

Heres what I REALLY would get excited about... Although i have zero expectations. Maybe a fan with the skills could write something to do it...

I want to pull my inventory bags, mini maps, and the like off my SotA client window and onto the desktop of my other monitors.

Maybe something that works like a windows 7 desktop gadget that when your sliding off the edge grabs the data and opens it on the other monitor and vice versa going back., dont know not a programer .. But id be in heaven !!!

15. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

That would make me add one of my older, smaller LCD monitors to the mix just to do that.

16. stile

stile Avatar

I used to have a 3 monitor set back in my uo days.. This been something ive wanted since then. *grins*. Useable Open maps, inventory, etc. without blocking my game screen ? *drools*. I know it can be done.. Friend of mine had something that did it. Dont remember the name though or have any idea how hard it is

17. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I'm running three (22in, 23in, 22in) widescreens with whatever game of the day using the middle (23in) monitor (as shown in the Desktop thread)... however the other two get as much use as the center (right one for browser, left one for other small programs), so having one of my older monitors would work well for inventory bags.

18. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

I am personally very fond of the classic inventory system. And really hope it doesnt change though I would love to see the bags larger so the graphics can be a little larger or an option to make them larger for us old players who cant see as well as we used to :)

Gaelis likes this.
  19. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Game menu, check backpack as list format....
    Shows list of items that can be sorted by type, value, alphabetically, and there is a search window.

Gaelis likes this.
  20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

having same size to screen resolution problems than in UO 10 years ago... apart from that I think the interface is coming on nicely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.