Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I understand others may do that, but then again i may have some people with me too! :) hopefully they will get tired of being killed over and over by my crew! I will take whatever i can off of them and sell, add to ingredients etc.. Personally i have no respect, for people like that. I do know they may use their cheapest gear, i experienced it as well in UO (i dont think that ruined UO in my opinion) but i also look at it like this if im as good as they are in my high end gear, then they will lose that fight more than likely since they are wearing the cheapest gear. I wish people would wear their best stuff and fight with their best stuff (but we know they wont) it doesn't really bother me since my chances of winning will be much higher being protected and doing more damage with my high end gear. By no means am i setting unrealistic rules for anything. People will do what they will do, this is the reason i like PVP so much, you never know what you may come upon or who will attack you for me that is fun. Just like if people want to make stuff and craft and make the best of the best and make money, my craft is different from the others although it is still a craft that i enjoy personally.

So to sum it up i know people will do that, I like shiny elite armor, like anyone but i want to have some dents in mine to prove i know how to use it, not just show it off. Thats probably the point where people get what i say construed in different ways.;)

2. Ome

Ome Avatar

I know its a compromise and it wouldn't be quite the same as a full loot world but I'm interested in the idea.
    And as far as I know there isn't any plan for full loot anyways.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Simple solution to the loot issue, if you are in full loot, and i am in partial or whatever, since full is the most lootiest :) it should drop to the lowest form, and after fighting me you get partial loot, since that is what i picked (lowest form of it)

so i should not be able to full loot you if i am only partial loot. and we fight.

4. Ome

Ome Avatar

Now that I thought about it , it would probably be exploited. Someone with uber gear would kill you then have 1 person in group with loot turned on
    to do the looting.

5. Ome

Ome Avatar

"well its my personal game play i cant tell you or anyone else how to play your game but i do know how ill play mine :) "

I think one of the great things about full loot is how different everyone's playstyle would be. And it would be revealing and set everyone's alignment.

Lord Lonn and blaquerogue like this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Good solution to this, is to add the ability to fight someone to 'near death', let them yield, and tell them to take their armor off and give it to you, or you'll kill them.

Of course this is a level of realism that would only work in a game if there was some huge penalty to death (which i really wish there could be, to allow all sorts of cool scenarios like this)

Lord Lonn and Ome like this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Exactly, for every protection added someone will find a way to exploit the mechanic.

The only way to being to control full loot as an option would be to make certain hexes full loot. Soon as you enter the hex you know you can be looted. But that takes away the open world part.

Lord Lonn, blaquerogue and Ome like this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

See, now that's a ransom system. Bring the player to near death, a subdued state, and ransom their life for their gear. They refuse, they get killed and the killer only gets gold.

Could work for full loot, as an option.

9. Ome

Ome Avatar

Although I think protection earned by way of victory without exploits is a different thing.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

By protection I mean systems the devs put in place to prevent exploit.

Such as the party takes on the leaders loot condition. This would remove the confusion of who can and can not be looted. But then they would stay ungrouped until the last second to avoid this.

Ned888 and Ome like this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

what if only the person that can loot you is the one that killed you, not the whole party the one that had the last blow. this could be offset by not allowing your attacker to see your lifeline.

Ome likes this.
  12. Ome

Ome Avatar

Maybe the one who does the most damage gets to loot. It could still be exploited
    but it would be more difficult that way. Yah true it could be offset by not showing health.

13. Ome

Ome Avatar

I think your idea might be better because it would be more random. Where doing it based on damage would likely be the same person every time.

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. Ome

Ome Avatar

Or they could simply add a random. When you die, it takes all the names that attacked you and randomly selects 1 person.

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. Ome

Ome Avatar

But doing it based on damage would prevent just anyone running in with one hit a chance at the loot.
    And it would make it so the person with the best gear would have to do full loot or no loot.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The first response I remember from the devs on this type of issue was more about the looted player not the looter.

It's impossible for the looted player to know when and if they are at risk to being open to full loot. The tactics a player would use could change depending on this knowledge.

blaquerogue and Ome like this.
  17. Ome

Ome Avatar

Why does the looted player need to know who will be randomly selected to loot them? What tactics change?

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. Ome

Ome Avatar

If the developers have already discussed this I'm sure they have already brainstormed very complicated possibility's.

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If you knew for a fact that if you died you would be looted, would you run or keep fighting till the end? Would you use high value consumables to stay alive? Cost of death comes into play again.

20. Ome

Ome Avatar

I wouldn't know if I'm going to be looted or not if a random attacker was selected to loot me. Unless I knew all of them were full loot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.