1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Thank you for the presence on Steam

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I am hoping that they don't change the focus of the game to a more PvP centric game based on a hangout where there were some vocal people. It would be pretty concerning if changes like that happened on the fly.

There are so many more factors to take into consideration then just the loot itself...this would change so many parts if the game to accommodate it....or players would make the deva change things to make that happen.

Fox Cunning likes this.
  2. Kittysong2

Kittysong2 Avatar

I am so glad you guys came to steam or i might of never found you.
    I just got done writing a very happy review, I look forward to playing SotA with all of you. :)

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community and thank you ever so much for the review! That is what will help our community grow even more!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Welcome to SotA, the game is pretty decent! The greatest thing about playing this game, is you have an option to go PVP or not! Some people tend to forget that, in their rantings!
    PVP is not as good as it could be, but over all the game is fun so far and we are in the beginnings of it! There are so many changes taking place from the original kickstart thinking! So that is one good thing, right now everything can be changed! Just voice your opinions on the forums and someone will hear, eventually! :) Welcome again to Shroud of the Avatar, if you need anything just drop me a message ill try and help you the best i can!

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yes

6. Willow offgood

Willow offgood Avatar

I've been online reading some reviews of Sota. Im in love with it already and planning on playing it always. I just got upset about some websites judging so hard and being so mean to Richard. I mean if they don't like our game guess they can go play Goat simulator lol

7. smack

smack Avatar

They shouldn't flag themselves Open PvP or go to a forced PvP-only zone then. If they want to be prepared, turn it off and duel instead or go to the Arenas. I believe the classical use of ganking can and should still happen. But that's where friendly guilds can help.

I was at a vendor yesterday and buying/selling gear when another player attacked me. Tried to run but he got me. That's exactly how Open PvP should work. Attack or be attacked anywhere, at any time. I had a blast -- and another laugh, because I was changing gear and he literally caught me with my pants down :)

Having said that, they need to fix those "locked modes" so you can get out of them faster. And they need to fix rez point / spawn point camping. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have that 2-minute death effect penalty so you can be kicked while you're down. I think Chris and DarkStarr sometimes log in invisibly at the spawn points and have laughs over beers every time someone gets ganked there. :D

Montaigne likes this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

I think this would help in some situations. I had nameplates off and due to the chat window bug it disappeared so I didn't know which player attacked me. I might have attacked the wrong player first without checking the combat log :)

To make the system more usable, some optional visual indication could be used, perhaps auto-target the person that just attacked you. Sorry, but no markers above heads. That just opens the door for other markers above heads, if you know what I mean. And yes, optional because choices.

9. Resharper

Resharper Avatar

Hi!

Sorry if the message is in wrong topic.

I've got a game account 'Resharper' (I bought the game in Steam)
    But a forum account is 'Resharper2' (char '2' was appended somehow).
    Why is it so?
    Can it be shanged to my original account name 'Resharper'?
    :)

Thanks!

10. smack

smack Avatar

That is interesting. I did not find any user by the name of "Resharper" either. Perhaps you can contact support@portalarium.com to see if they can help.

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think it is automatically added so your account name isn't the same as your forum name. Maybe.

12. Resharper

Resharper Avatar

Thanks!
    I think that Kittysong's forum account (Kittysong2, see above) may be of the same reason :)

smack likes this.
  13. Resharper

Resharper Avatar

Ladies and guys,

On the 'User Account' page I can see that my account (bought at Steam) has one 'Plegde': 'Adventurer'.

On the 'Pledges' page the 'Adventurer' pledge description includes 'DRM-Free Digital Download of Episode I'

What is 'Episode I'?
    I thought that my Steam purchase will allow me to play in this MMO further without any restrictions. But it looks as I must later pay again? :)

Could you clarify it me, please :)

14. smack

smack Avatar

This is a planned series of games. Each episode will add another continent and new content. You pay once for Episode 1 and can play it online (or offline) for as long as you want. But if you want the additional features and content of the other episodes you will need to buy them later or upgrade you current pledge now to the appropriate tiers.

Logain likes this.
  15. Resharper

Resharper Avatar

Well, OK, thank you :)

16. Kittysong2

Kittysong2 Avatar

yup..it showed as kittysong at first, but the 2nd time i logged in it was kittysong2

17. radic202

radic202 Avatar

Bt ebing on Steam, you have made my day and so much easier to direct future players that are regular Steam users to take a look at your game. Much appreciated.

Fox Cunning, Logain and enderandrew like this.
  18. Logain

Logain Avatar

Hmm... only 328 bids, but currently highest bid: 71600 Gems. Could be worse, I guess.
    Any chance you'd grant us a list of winners and gems after it ends?

Btw. even though I hate the 'gem' idea on Steam, since it artificially raises market value for cards, I wanted to say thank you for providing 100 free copies. Thumbs up for that!

Lord Blake Blackstone and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.