1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Full loot PVP and stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

This captured how I feel exactly about the said Points @Isaiah

That wall of text was the cliff notes to a phone book in my head Well put Sir.

Tahru and Isaiah like this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I wish it were that simple. Facebook is addictive... it has years worth of photos. Some photos I do not even have anymore. Would I really want to stop using something that has the history of my child?

Facebook got us and now they can give us targeted ads (many of which are scams by the way). Facebook isn't so concerned about people not being happy with them. They don't have to do anything to keep us loging in other than deliver us notifications on our phones.

However Google is primed and ready for a Facebook exodus if that ever arrises. All my photos from my android phone are automatically backed up in the google cloud (only visible to me, but I have the option of sharing any of them at any time with any circle I want on G+).

So facebook still has to make us reasonably happy. It took a lot of determination for me to quit UO when I did after investing so much time and money on it. Same with WoW even though I had a like/hate relationship with it. If something pisses us off enough that people start to leave facebook ... if a critical mass can cause people to flock to facebook ... a critical mass type exodus to Google+ would cause even the most devout members of facebook to open up an account. There is always potential, and always hope.

Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  3. Player Killer

Player Killer Avatar

sir i love you

Isaiah and Abydos like this.
  4. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

and never posts it. dun dun dun

Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So at that point you agree, that is something you WANT, and not NEED. So to get the best, if it is the best?, you will just have to flag PVP sorry man you cant have everything your way! Hire someone that will go in there. I dont really want to play a story or follow a story line but eventually i will have to go there with the best weapon forged from the best place and kill off things to complete quests! (and of course people will complain since i CHOSE to get the best weapon or armor and am killing off things quicker than them! Surviving longer etc..) Not that i want to follow quest but ill already have the stuff i WANTED since i CHOSE to go in there! Now i have to CHOOSE to go play a story, not that i NEED too but WANT too, to continue the journey to the next release! :p We all have to make choices somewhere along the line :)

6. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

OR wait for me to sell it to you; and again, as far as having access to any resource as of yet; its usefulness remains to be determined, but the intentional squealing is mostly that pvp players will have exclusivity rights to particular ores (that may not even give them advantage currently) (in any regard)

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Um what?

If the only way to get the best stuff in the game is by PVPing then you may have a choice not to do it however it would basically force anyone to do it to get the best.

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

NOT ACTUALLY FORCING WAS THE POINT; SINCE YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY BEING FORCED INTO PVP FOR IT;

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

only if you WANT it!!!! lol:rolleyes:

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Oh could you please sell it to me at a high rate so that you can make a lot of money off of that and I could have access to an item? I love it when people use squealing and whining as part of their arguments in favor of a system.

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill sell you some at a high price too! :) After all im risking losing stuff just to get it or getting killed! Something PVE will not have to worry about!

12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, you found your caps lock, neat.

Forcing is relative, if you can only get something(note they never said this, just some of the very pro pvp players have) in a pvp zone it is effectively forcing players to:

a) join in pvp.
    b) pay pvp players.(which leads to a monopoly on said objects)

Ice Queen likes this.
  13. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

1) I don't even know if it's sellable
    2) with uptime on clients limited mostly to 5-9est, the probability of that asset being worth anything with farmers at night is somewhat unlikely
    and as far as you having to paying as a stipen as a result of your unwillingness to pvp; not my problem, thats a you problem! as far as squealing and whining, that is the factor that remains to be determined, since it has been said that this reward will be inclusive to pvpers and exclusive to the rest of the player base. yummy :)

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

forcing [if best loot is in a pvp zone, that doesn't force you there, it gives you an incentive to do so at behest of your own judgement]

monopoly [yes us pvpers will make a union and make a gold bubble so large on pvp items you should be worried; as if pvers and crafters haven't always done this;

oh and us pvpers are always so attuned to cooperation with others. CAPSLOCK WAS UNINTENDED SINCE ITS MY PUSH TO TALK KEY ON VENT. FEEL FREE TO TRY TO USE THIS AGAINST ME FORUM WARRIOR.

oh, and it's called being "carrot-on-a-sticked" welcome to what the pvp community has been dealing with since oh i dunno, release 12 of ultima online. enjoy your little taste of it, under [forcing]

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Actually, your last is really wrong, at least according to older posts saying that it would be available elsewhere. My argument was purely hypothetical on the basis of some of you stating that it would be available only to pvpers.

Your 2nd point is moot as player vendors will be there 24 7 selling.

1) It will be sellable...why wouldn't it be?

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So when you have no reasonable response to the facts you revert to childish call outs on people using caps! lol Bottom line is you will not be forced to go there to play or enjoy the game, you will want it bad enough you probably will go in there and try to get it, but that will be your choice nothing forced upon you! So when you get ganked i dont want to hear any complaints, since you did CHOSE that option! ;)

17. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

... thereby proving you can side-step the need to pvp; and can actually get it competitively without having to pvp at all; again changing your argument of "forcing"

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Forum warrior, cute. I apologize for the comment on the caps, as it looked like you were trying to make a point.

PVP guilds will monopolize any resources in a zone.

Ice Queen likes this.
  19. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

let's be honest, they'll just buy it.

20. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

and pve guilds won't?

none of this points are even worth my reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.