1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Full loot PVP and stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Unfortunately for you, I will argue against any system that would clearly unbalance the game in that way.

As for the cap issue, I pretty much call anyone out on using caps as a way to get a point across, you feel that's childish then that's your prerogative. This case was clearly a misunderstanding for which I apologized, feel free to do so yourself.

Ice Queen likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yep finally we PVP can make some money to replace gear etc.. We'll go into a town and have an auction for the highest bidder!:cool:;)

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Sure they will, both will. The issue with this is they will no longer be a PVE guild now will they...there shouldn't be anything in game a group can monopolize like that. I'm assuming that port feels the same way and won't have it so unbalancing.

4. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

the world monopoly can't exist in games; and the reason for this is so simple it's somewhat pathetic, the only time in which it can be even remotely hinted at is if another team of people can't replicate aforementioned results to produce the same effect. that said, this is rare; in fact, i'd say so rare; that in proportion to the times i have seen it posted; it has rarely effected mmo's as much as it has been listed.

There have been a few if, not a handful of tangible information glitches that lead to a monopoly of anything but in a game that is open, and inclusive, there are very few selectively profitable industries, and even less once you consider the apparently gold gain garnishing a market bubble, and crash within a few days. a typical day of this was seen by saronite ore; and quite honestly more or less any virtual asset can be acquired by any player, almost tangibly so;

so again, in revision: the word "monopoly" while interesting is still something that honestly doesn't happen enough, aside in the mental struggles when a guild is locking you out of a zone: will it happen with this? (MAYBE) but who's to say it will be just ONE ZONE with this resource, for all we know it may be multiple zones

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

huge maybe on this; and that remains to be determined because how many zones actually follow this will determine market price directly since if it can be acquired on 2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10 different areas, the value of it won't be reflective of the PVP; since people will go to the places where they can solo farm

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Oh i wont apologize since anything i put in here you will argue! I understand you completely, when cornered with facts your only option is to lash out about something irrelevant! Its called Psychology 101! I know your upset that you cant just roll in there and get stuff for free, sometimes we have to work for what we WANT! I used all caps there to point out what ive been pointing out the whole time! The difference between NEEDS and WANTS! You apparently want this, not need it!

Isaiah likes this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think you understand how I feel at all or what I want. I'm not sure why though, since I have been very clear on what I think for over two years.

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yes you have made it QUITE clear how you feel! Hence the reason i feel that way. Dont feel sorry for the way i feel. If i want or need anything i just go get it and deal with whatever system is set up, Maybe because im not afraid of PVP, maybe because im not afraid of a challenge, maybe because i understand that things should be earned and not given. Again as usual those are just my opinions and probably dont matter to you. But i do enjoy the debates between us!

9. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Wow, PVP of the minds. I have read a couple of things in this thread that sparked some memories. One is PVP controlled area`s with rare drops. I`ve seen this first hand. Very rare drops/mats was virtually control by 1 or 2 pvp guilds because it was only available in the PVP area/zone. With that said, should any of those items went to the AH, they was well priced high so anyone in the PVE zones could not afford them.
    Second.. What I have seen in the PVP controlled areas is that PVP guilds had alts to gather/craft things that went directly into the Guild vaults which was controlled access by 1-4 PVP guild members only. The guilds really wasn't worried about the economy, only about having good gear. It was gather, harvest and craft during slow time of day and full PVP at peak game times. Crafters/gatherers went out into the zone wearing cheap gear. Nothing to worry about loosing with full gear drop by a PVP ganker. Now should full loot drops include mats and a possible rare mat item on that character could be interesting. This could bring out Hunter squads just to farm characters for maybe a purpose of controlling mats on the economy as well as supply themselves with gear.
    I don't know what the future will hold as to PVP in Sota will be. I know that there is a interest in it by this thread (31 pages and counting) and the PVP community can not be ignored. Question still remains "Full Loot drop or not?"

blaquerogue and graylake21 like this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There, fixed that for you. You should really start understanding that my personal perspective is not on display here. I am not designing this game. If I start a thread then look for my perspective, unless I implicitly state that it's IMO.

Now with that out of the way.

What you are saying is the best resources in the game should be behind PvP? So PvP should control the economy? Yeah, that's not the plan as far as I have seen.

But, lets step away from the economy. Lets look at simple human reaction.

It's a choice to go PvP. But, can you possibly think of any situation where someone would have to sit out of their play style because PvP is in the way? Because the people coming in here not excited about this announcement are seeing room for just that.

Exaggerated example: 100% of the zones are contested zones that are PvP. You are not forced but if you log in you will be flagged PvP.
    Is it only going to be 5%?
    At what % is it acceptable?

Are those contested zones going to be PvP? Is all PvP content going to be squished down into 5%? (Open PvP doesn't count, that is not content for PvP, it's just being open to PvP at any time.) Are city sieges going to be all PvE? What if 100% of the cities are under siege? Does that mean you are forced to PvP, you are at least forced to not be in your city of choice.
    What % of cities under PvP siege is acceptable?

At what point is someone required to sit out because they do not wish to PvP. That's what people think about. Not, am I forced. We know it's consensual PvP.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Careful you don't kick a junior tank mage in the face.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arent the roadblocks gonna be control points you have to fight NPCs to capture?

Moonshadow likes this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I thought they said these resources wouldnt be entirely exclusive to PvP zones, just more abundant there.

4EverLost and Dewderonomy like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They have. Often.

EMPstrike likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Which PvP guilds? and how much will they charge? Will other PvP groups raid a zone for resources to compete on the market with other PvP groups? How much will PvE characters sell for? How much will hte materials be worth? Can you buy them from the profits you make PvEing or gathering materials from PvE zones?

If you mine it yourself, is it free?

Moonshadow likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

They have not said but the deep dive that RG talked about the control point Hilt was the PvP deep dive.

EMPstrike likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Sorry bout the gaggle of posts, i been catching up.

I wanted to mention that (at least I seem to remember) them saying these resources arent gonna be exclusive to PvP zones, jsut more abundant, so having the areas controlled will not make PvPer's control the economy, it will just give anyone controlling the area an edge to compete and make alot of cash.

And i'm also nto aware that control points are all going to be PvP, i was under the impression alot or most of them were goign to be PvE capture points.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Again sorry for all the posts, if your talkign about that deep dive you linked earlier, that was from about a year ago, and i thought i heard somewhere recently about only some of the control poitns being PvP points.

You got anything more up-to-date?

EDIT: My memory isn't the best, is why i ask about stuff i think i already heard from somewhere.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Ristra is very on-the-ball. If there were newer information, I'm quite sure it would have been presented.

EMPstrike likes this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea i just went lookin for it and didnt find anything.

Someone else did tell me what ristra said its what theya re intending tho. Was jsut curious ^^

Thanks for the infor rist and rufus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.