Upgrade from Adventurer to Founder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HairballHacker, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

So I bought the game on Steam for $45, Adventurer level. I'd like to upgrade to Founder level. I see no way to add $20 to go from $45 to $65. Or do I have to page $45+$65 for a total of $110 to get Founder level? Thanks.

2. Curt

Curt Avatar

On your account tab you will find a upgrade button
    and should cost you $20 to upgrade adventurer to founder

fattymoomooman likes this.
  3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Go here and sign in then click account at the top right corner. There you can see an upgrade pledge button to upgrade.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385

4. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Go to your account page on the Shroud of the Avatar website. At the top there should be a place where it states your current pledge level. To the right of that should be an option to upgrade your pledge.

You will only have to pay the difference, not the whole thing.

5. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Oh, thanks.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

you can't upgrade to founder. The deadline to do that is already ended. You would have to buy a founders account on the marketplace if you wanted the founder rewards. And welcome to Shrouds hairball hacker.

Ice Queen and fattymoomooman like this.
  7. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

There is a pledge level called founder which he can upgrade to, it is not the same as owning an original founders account. Bit confusing why they named the pledge tier that tbh.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks, I always do that without coffee, but just in case the other part was needed or unknown;)

Ice Queen and fattymoomooman like this.
  9. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Yes, it is confusing to a new person like myself and, based on reading of these forums, I upgraded because I thought that would entitle me to a lot\house or some such. But upon further reading and in-game experience it appears I misread and in fact I am not entitled to a lot at founder level. Apparently, people who heard about this game before me and got the "original founder" level get the lot. Very disappointed I am. So I bought an add-on lot and house in anticipation of the game's release -- spent a small fortune just for hearing about the game late I guess. I think perhaps this should be clarified on the web pages (give the "pledge level called founder" some different name) otherwise other people like me might think they are getting the rewards given to an "original founder".

Anyway, this game looks like it is going to be a whole lot of fun and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

I hope they can pull it off. I am wondering about how everyone is going to get a lot and house. I mean, there will be thousands and thousands of players. How will they all get lots?

FrostII and Duke Olahorand like this.
  10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Even Founder Founder's (confusing much) don't get a lot.

11. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

The Founders (with the special F) don't get a lot either. Minimum to get a lot for any account, no matter when the account was made, is by upgrading to an Ancestor level pledge (for the row house lot) at $275.

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Or, when it comes to lots, wait to see what further information about how lots will be obtained in game. But if you want to be assured of at least a Row lot, Lollie gave the right info

Duke Olahorand and Ice Queen like this.
  13. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

In fact Ancestor was a pledge level added later and included a row lot, a cheaper alternative housing lot to the village lot you get at a Citizen level pledge. Back when you became a [F]ounder for pledging (not to be confused with the Founder pledge level) the cheapest way to get housing was to pledge at Citizen level.

14. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

There will be lots available to obtain in-game but the distribution mechanics and final quantity are not known yet. There are also mechanisms being put into place that allow for the renting of parts of a property so that players can run rented accomodation.

Your options would be to pledge at a level that gives housing (rent free deed), buy a deed from the add-on store (not rent free but there will be spaces at launch available to you and you will still place prior to in-game deeds), obtain a deed in-game if you can (final mechanics and availability not known yet, not a rent free deed), rent a room/floor from another player within a player run inn/hotel/hostel/etc or just do without housing and upgrade your bank like many players do in most MMO games.

I originally pledged at Ancestor soon after I got the game (I am well past that now) as to me it is actually one of the best deals compared to many of the other pledge levels - it nets you all 5 expansions to the game, a few physical items, quite a few in-game items and a rent-free row lot deed for $275, considering the $80 cost of a deed on its own from the add-on store (and its not rent free) and 5 episodes would cost you the majority of that sum its a good deal with all the other stuff thrown in and it gets you nicely on the early placement ladder.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  15. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Yeah, I upgraded to Ancestor level as it seemed like a pretty decent deal. So I am "full in" to the game. Like it or not, a hairball hacker will be running around in the world with you.

16. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Just beware of Uncontrollable Upgrade Syndrome™ I have fallen prey to this already :)

17. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Hahaha!! YES Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid of U.U.S. I started out just wanting that tax free row lot deed.... Ancestor Pledge.

Up to Knight Level added a founder acct, 2 Player owned holdfasts and a whole lot of other add ons..... SO Far :)

Welcome To SOTA!!

L. Long

18. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

I have to admit those player owned towns look rather appealing. I like the idea of my own fiefdom. There's a pledge level for that, right?

majoria70 and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  19. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Actually, the Player Owned Towns (AKA: POTs) are separate from pledges and any pledge level (no minimum level) can buy one. The cheapest of those right now is $750.00, but at the beginning of May that will increase to $900.00 for the cheapest (25% price increase on all POTs).

Be warned: if you buy a POT, it does not come with any land deeds.

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Reiterating this warning... While it's possible to purchase a settlement without having a lot deed, you won't be able to reside in your own town without one. This means that you would either need to upgrade to an Ancestor pledge level (thereby receiving a tax-free Row Lot deed), or purchase a deed (taxed) of any size from the Add-On Store.

Duke Olahorand and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.