1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R20 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galdar Grimmstone

Galdar Grimmstone Avatar

two patches come and gone :( yet nothing in the Northwest swamp near Verdantis Shardfall exists yet. no West End, rats nest, boat launch, Staplendun.... nothing :( oh well construction zone it is. off to train and work on skills.

2. Galdar Grimmstone

Galdar Grimmstone Avatar

WOW ?? This is anything but a wow clone. why can't you just go with the flow and see how things progress before making such comments.

in wow, you make a level and you get a set skill. here you make a level and you get points. spend those points where and how you want to get the skills you want...... How the F is that WOW?

Abydos and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Galdar, I can't wait to see you in Staplendun! Patience to the both of us. :bows:

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Working on Staplendun now but there was no West End in the system as of end of June.

5. Archangel

Archangel Avatar

How the F is that not WoW? :D
    Same skill tree system: YES
    Same leveling system: YES
    Same grinding system: YES
    Same skill point system: YES
    Same way of attributing skill points: NO
    Different zones with different level monsters: YES
    Racing to level 80-100-whatever and then a complete stop: YES

This had to be a UO clone where you use a skill to upgrade it. That would make it more realistic. Now you have to earn tons of gold, to to an incompetent teacher who would you must bribe into giving you "certificate of knowledge" - upgrade a skill. Now try to convince me that is not totally ridiculous.

UO was fun because there was no leveling system and you had to keep balancing your skills which was never boring. If you got bored leveling swordsmanship - you can go train another skill and another... It kept my mind busy trying to invent new ways of training, finding new things. And now I'm just browsing the web listening to the sound of my char grinding a wolf over and over again... That is why SotA is a complete WoW clone - all you can do is grind grind grind... and buy skills afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. Galdar Grimmstone

Galdar Grimmstone Avatar

Westend is the NPC town where the boat to Verdantis Shardfall is shown on the published map is shown as docked, yet is doesn't exist in game either. Point West is the NPC town on the north side on the swamp. The island towns are Hwaseong, and Rats Nest.

7. DarkStarr

haha! thank you for schooling me on my own map! :)

8. Galdar Grimmstone

Galdar Grimmstone Avatar

WooHoo!

I see my town, I think. it has no name and it can't be entered, but it's in. :) I think, unless that's going to be Westend. :p

9. DarkStarr

If Staplendun isn't working please enter bug in bug forums. It should be working

10. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

The dream of many people :) But the current system is not so bad.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  11. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I saw in the latest Patch Notes: "Mysterious Magicians in Eastreach Gap should now take your money AND teleport you, not just take your money."

Does that mean that the same issue in Brightbone Pass is also fixed? [We were finding that issue at every pass.]

12. Raven Swiftbow

Also, I don't imagine there's any hope to get Falling Waters Fortress moved across the river to the location they've requested? I see that some of the other POTS have been shifted around a bit.

(hopeful)

13. DarkStarr

Sorry but we have to move on to R21. We will readdress issues like this in R21

14. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

I cant believe how hard im trying to get these quest done but I spent 2 days on solace bridge to find Quincy .....nothing spent 5 hours in Ardoris looking for the guard captain...... is my account bugged I looked at every square inch of solace bridge????

15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Your account is not bugged.
    Quincy died. During the tutorial you can find a note from him and his broken sword. If you don't get these during the tutorial, they can be found later when you return to Solace Bridge in a chest that is very well hidden. I like that there is a well hidden chest. From a story perspective I'm not sure why it makes sense for Quincy's items to end up in the chest. It may not be a great introductory quest. Guard Captain Cugel is in his office on the waterfront area (southwest area of Ardoris). His office is next door to Digit's shop.

Daygoth Pomerantz BMC likes this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This quest is tricky indeed, it took me awhile as well. The chest where Quincy's items can be found are up high right nearby the waterfall outside of the pillaged town of Solace Bridge.

17. Raven Swiftbow

Good enough! Thx. :)

18. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

its the first part for his sword and the letter my guild said his body is on the road after the bridge but the this is all I see are skeletons everywhere (that don't highlight the curser) no corpse.

Part 1 items are in the same place as part 2 items?

19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

That's only if you found him during the "tutorial" portion of the game. If you left and came back all the bodies have been "cleaned up". You need to search for a hidden chest which has both the letter and the sword hilt. The chest is overlooking the waterfall right outside of town, but NOT the waterfall by the moongate. There are two waterfalls, this was what tripped me up initially. Just keep searching you'll find it. Besides, what fun would it be if I told you outright? :D

Daygoth Pomerantz BMC likes this.
  20. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

lol Fair enough thank you very much. after 2 days of searching its no longer fun ...to keep looking not the game you guys are doing a great job and the houses are stunning hope you guys have more customizing options coming in the future love this game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.