Pledge Titles yes, but should be required to be unlocked first!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

How exactly would you "earn" a title in game? I spent 18 hours a day spamming M'lady and M'lord outside the Kings castle for three years and earned the title Grand Inquisitor Super Special Inquisitor of The Land and Sea Greyfox.

Just like most Royal titles they were inherieted or bought with cash or deeds.

Myrcello and mbomber like this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Would also be nice (maybe) if those PoT owners could hand out titles to residents of their PoTs for deeds performed for the PoT, sir/lady/master/mistress, etc. that apply only when they are in said PoT. From an RP side?:)

3. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

You can still buy titles, become a member of the nobility of Sealand, for example.

Now I'm worried they will have a title decay system.

:(

The horrors of it.

More seriously as long as they attempt to give players as much flexibility as possible to play as they want I'll be happy. If someone wants to role play earning titles as they go thats fine, but I'm a wallet warrior and will proudly display my lovely crown and title for the lesser folk to see and smell and taste in game.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Atogrim likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I like earning titles through gameplay, not just paying money for them. Thought that was pretty evident in my statement.

Myrcello likes this.
  5. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

I would be for this but it really would be messing people over that paid for titles in pledge rewards. That being said, I personally will only show titles that are actually earned in game as to me that is the only true measure of who a player is in game. It is a bummer to as the titles used for the pledge rewards are great titles.

Myrcello likes this.
  6. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

I dont think they can make titles locked anymore after all this time. But I would love if they would implement the karma part that would add another part to the title

Myrcello likes this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I like the concept, and at the same time I agree with spoon about them being hereditary. Probably the biggest issue is that the titles are already promised.

The alternative plan set out in the OP seems more than reasonable. I love the idea of earning the title and even cooler is the idea that I could earn bad titles. :)

Myrcello likes this.
  8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

An idea I took from this thread I would appreciate, would be the ability, to transfer some of our pledge titles to others. I.e. assuming I am a Lord and want to give the Knight title I currently own to a player of a lower rank for his enormous positive role in the guild or as my favored blacksmith ... this should be possible. I would lose the right to carry that title, and the player would be able to display it (eventually in another color to distinguish from an originally pledged knight).
    But well, there may be guild member titles taking over this role later, but these cannot be carried longer than the guild membership lasts.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Tahru, Spoon, Myrcello and 1 other person like this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Pledge titles were promised in the Kickstarter. They can't revert them now.

They could add other titles based on virtues later.

Myrcello likes this.
  10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I hope even so they had been pledge rewards all understand that "Titles" are a Motivator in game to Play also.

So the Goal should be both: Titles we all purchased received, but also Keep ingame playable titles alive.

Scraps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.