I just have to say:::

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I just love the rain that SOTA has implemented.
    I love the sounds it makes,
    I love how unobtrusive it is,
    I love how the lighting flashes in my house window.
    I also want to say don't change a thing about it to the Devs.

I live in a state in the US which doesn't get a lot of rain, and rain is special to me when it does happen. In many games I have played the rain and snow make it so you cannot hardly play the game for lack of ability to see anything in front of you. Our rain is so beautiful and wonderful. Ok so I guess you hear 'I like SOTA rain'.

Also i love my new boat. I can't yet sail it and fish off of it, but I love that it is a reminder to me that one day I will fish with friends. I can also imgine being on my fishing boat with the rain coming down and catching some fish and surprises. Of course perhaps I will have a large umbrella but is it true that you can catch more fish when it rains? I also want to say that besides the rain, I love my boat.

So in dedication to the Devs for bringing so far many of our visions to life[​IMG]
    I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I look forward to much more in the upcoming months.
    Go SOTA Go!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Is that your in-game boyfriend? ;)

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I can't top what @majoria70 wrote so I'll simply say: ditto. :p

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Haha,well he could be. He's kinda cute, ahhh but he looks different now, changes have occurred, perhaps he got a facelift and dyed his hair;)

5. Epona

Epona Avatar

I feel the same as you do about the rain, Majoria. I love water. It's refreshing and healing. I stand on the docks of Kingsport and let it drench me. I also love jumping off the docks into the water and swimming. I'm really thankful for the weather, especially rain.

BTW, it rains slightly inside the Kingsport bank. Leaky roof, I guess. heheh

I'm a little jealous of your boat! I still haven't gotten the longboat I bought. I hope someday we get to row them out on the open sea.

6. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I have to agree with you Majoria the rain and lightning is spot on, so I hope they keep it the way it is. Dev's please don't change this you guys really nailed it.
    In addition I'm really liking the sound of the wind in the game as well as the birds, these background sounds really help to make the world feel more immersive.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I know some changes are great, but when they changed my avatars laugh, it was like yikes. She used to have a nice little laugh that I liked but now I don't like it. So -1 for the female laugh;) Oh sorry didn't mean to make this a gripe session. It is a "I'm grateful for the rain" thread and the 'hope for boats' thread Has anyone seen the movie "American Sweethearts". I am a big fan of John Cusack;) Being grateful reminds me of a line he says in the movie;)

8. Albus

Albus Avatar

I am enjoying the rain and thunder also, I had a strangely satisfying moment after just putting up awnings over a new crafting area where the rain started just after, it was rather enjoyable standing under than awning watching and hearing the rain fall just outside... Of course I could not just stand there forever and had to jump out into the rain. That weather is a nice touch, looking forward to more of it develop :)

Also as with Epona, wanting to see those longboats make their appearance too ;)

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I was thinking hmmm 'long boats'? But they are from Boats stretch goal. Yes they are really nice. they may surprise us and come in as did the row boat soon. I am just wishing for them to be able to work and have their waterways to sail us away. Also the great fishing possiibilities to drop the fishing lure in the water and have a great time.:)

10. Gix

Gix Avatar

I like the way it pours through my ceiling. :rolleyes: That's one thing I'd like them to change. Other than that, yeah the rain effect adds a lot to the atmosphere.

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

LOL! Yes, my row house had a leak all the way to the first floor. Spent hours mopping up :p

Oh and when it's stormy, it's hard to hear myself play music unless I go hide in my storm cellar...err...basement :rolleyes:

12. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

Majoria70,

As others have said, it's wonderful to see threads of praise (and yes, I like the rain as it is, as well). I have to admit I'm one to mostly post critiques and gripes (like some of the inventory UI. OK, an occasional reply to provide information as I see it) so a "let's enjoy the good stuff" thread is nice.

13. Epona

Epona Avatar

I do hope your avatar gets back her original laugh, Majoria. Little things mean a lot. :)

I haven't seen the movie, but I'll be sure to watch it. I appreciate John Cusack's acting, as well. I want to see what he says about being grateful. Being grateful is a key to a happy life. Regarding SotA, though we all have issues that we air and want fixed, there is much more about the game that we enjoy and appreciate. Cheers!

14. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Truth be told I sometimes have the sound loud and one night that thunder gave me a scare...

Loved it!!

15. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Love the sentiment! Thank you from all of us!

Please bug any "leaky" buildings or player homes. We have to fix each one individually (make sure the roof has an underside).

16. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

What if rain and lightning is only the beginning! What if other storm-like events eventually make their way into the game like hurricanes and tornadoes and such. What if the heavy winds slowed down your travels or perhaps blew you backwards? What if storms caused cataclysmic events and destroyed houses and buildings in their wake?

How would you welcome this sort of weather behavior to the game?

17. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

Welllll, my opinion is that the former would be OK within reason. Too often or being blown out of a scene would be problematic. The latter I must admit would be a PITA and I'd hate to see it. But as is, the rain and thunder is nice :)

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm well I am aware that weather is not fully implemented into the game at the moment. I am not sure what all will be coming as we progress in game development, but I do know that there are some interesting things planned for weather in the future. So we shall see and then we can provide our feedback when that time comes. Right now I rejoice the moment.:)

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yup....
    Lovin the rain,wind, thunder, lightning.... Love almost all the water, especially the waterfalls.... Trees are good and getting better.... The skies, both day and night, are great.
    So yea, thanks dev's.

20. Epona

Epona Avatar

Weather: Personally, I would love to have a dash more realism in our game. I think it would make SotA more unique. I wouldn't mind a bit of a hail, say once a year, and having to run to the shelter of an old abandoned house along the road. Scarce blustery winds that gusted us into a momentarily slower pace. I'd like to see leaves swirling around us as a wind blew through. Realistic weather effects would add to my gaming experience. :)

By the way, I wish we had a few old abandoned buildings in the game, just for the look and feel, i.e.: a broken down fisherman's shack, a small ramshackle stone shepherd's home in the hills, the broken foundation of an ancient castle - not haunted by skeletons or monsters, just scenic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.