1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think your Reputation is more akin to UO and how you interact with other players.

Your Truth, Love and Courage scores from interacting purely with NPCs should be unique to each character slot in my opinion.

Grave GodsHammer likes this.
  2. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I'm glad you Guys and Gals (Dev Team) planned some polish releases and Id ask that you please prioritize net new features (outstanding balance of content which was only partially released). Excellent job with this in R23 with the crafting stations, house pets etc.

We are still looking for the items below which have been discussed now for many months.

1. Release Add-on store housing we selected in our POT request Forms. (they are already available in game, not sure why this is on hold.)
    2. Keep + Castle Palisades (Fencing). (Please don't make this a Lot Toggle. We want the ability to fence multiple lots with palisades.)
    3. Keep Arena Basements
    4. The Capron bug (Cape showing as an apron in front of the toon from waist down.)
    5. The 30+ Pledge rewards that are still placeholders.
    6. The ability to deposit gold in the bank. (Don't make gold an item or it will eventually be duped.)
    7. Fix the issue with pledge rewards dropping as pvp loot.
    8. Flattening of the original PaxLair template.

I'm sure others can add to this list, but these are just the ones that come to mind this morning.

Thanks and great work so far, as Lazarus Long would say, we love this $hit!

- Grave

3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I agree, blanketing reputation for all characters and a last name for all characters on a single account forces us into a specific RP limitations. For example, I may want to RP an evil Drow elf with the last name "ILikeBigSpinerettesAndICanNotLie" and another character as a Neutral Good Human Blacksmith with a trade specific surname like "GodsHammer". (Surely this is a bigger issue than the perceived immersion factor of Halloween masks which has gone on for dozens of pages.)

Edit: Matter of fact, I'm going to post this as an individual thread so it can be discussed at greater length. Ill search first but I don't think its had its own thread for option considerations.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Rinaldi, Lord Baldrith and syxs like this.
  4. syxs

syxs Avatar

They have stated you are allowed to "buy" another character slot in game with in game gold for a monthly fee. But we are having a very active discussion in this thread https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-last-names-and-reputation-per-account.38976/

5. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

6. Naughty

Naughty Avatar

Do all Characters on an account have to be in the same guild?

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    good question!

Cordelayne and enderandrew like this.
  8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Yes. ( No, im not a dev. but i know that it has been mentioned. Apparently guild currently is attatched to the Account, and thats why characters will share reputation etc.

9. Kal Geddon

Kal Geddon Avatar

I am glad they link reputation and clan to account. I remember the dark days of the original UO where the blue PK's could cause harm until we attacked them and then suddenly a horde of Red characters show up for the kill. I understand some folks like to play one good guy and another bad guy but i know a lot of people including most of the folks in my last guild ended up quitting the game due to griefers who could switch over to red characters at any time. Im sure there are none but good matured folks here now but give it time and the slime will get bored and find a way to abuse the system for kicks like they did last time. I am a huge fan of forcing people to own up to their play style. You don't get to play both sides of the coin and act like while on your good guy you are evening the cosmic balance some how. If you want to play a bad guy go for it but you dont get to hide. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Devs!!!!

10. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

My play style is always different. It's pretty much however I decide to role play when I log in. If I log in one day, and feel different than I did the day before, I shouldn't be punished for that. You should be able to play any way you wish on your characters. Forcing people to always play the same way is probably one of the worst things for this game. That's just my opinion though. I shouldn't always be held to the first impression I give.

***Edit*** Ooops, I thought I was replying to this thread here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ames-and-reputation-per-account.38976/page-20 I will say nothing more about it in this thread.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    blaquerogue likes this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I hope clan/guild is not tied to account. Right now you can only join one guild/organization in game and I know people who want to be in different guilds or organizations for different characters. Someone may have a pure PvP character they want in a different guild that focuses on PvP and then an alt in an RP guild.

12. Naughty

Naughty Avatar

I agree with this . It will impact guild membership in the long run if all characters have to be in one guild.

enderandrew likes this.
  13. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

So if I choose to have a last name, can I also choose to withhold my last name from being displayed? It seems like if last names are optional so should the ability to announce it, if I have one. I say this mostly because I don't want a last name. However, in the off chance that someone else has my first name, I'd like to have a last name already queued up to differentiate myself, and I'd like to pick that last name now... Just not use it, until I decide otherwise.

Chatele and Vermine like this.
  14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't names all unique (i.e. there won't be two people named Tarsin). And I thought that when the game launches, backers get first dibs on names.

Tarsin likes this.
  15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Your game name will be a concatenation of first and last names.
    Unless there are additional rules added, that means there can be only one Frank (no last name).
    But there can be then any number of Franks with different last names.
    So, if any Frank chooses to not display his last name, he will appear the same as Frank (no last name).
    For that reason, perhaps display of last name should not be optional.

Tarsin and Womby like this.
  16. Womby

Womby Avatar

I discovered in the latest QA release that anyone can grab your name. Someone that I know grabbed my name as a joke, locking me out of using that name, so I grabbed their name. I do not know if this was a peculiarity of QA, or whether it applies generally. Hopefully it is only possible in QA. Although in this case the act was not malicious, in my opinion if this is possible in the main server the opportunity for griefing is far too great and it should not be permitted. Otherwise anyone could call him/her self Winfield or Amber Raine, for example.

What worries me is the consequence of a full social wipe before E1, possibly leaving all names up for grabs. That would be a slap in the face not just for our community leaders, but for everyone who has established a hard won in game reputation linked to a particular name.

17. Womby

Womby Avatar

I agree, provided that having a last name remains optional.

Tarsin likes this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Do we know if a last name will be unique to one account? I hope not. I would hope that there could be a Womby Smith and a Frank Smith belonging to different accounts. I think only the combination of First Name/Last Name should be unique.

19. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Ah interesting. I'd be happy with this. I thought I heard many many months ago that just last names would be used to determine uniqueness. What you're saying is much better. And, I agree, if that's the case perhaps display of last name should not be optional.

20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

It's my understanding that upon launch, they will allow waves of folks to create characters,login and set up a house - based on pledge amount order. At least that's what I remember from a past post mortem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.