1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Nothing.
    If you put a last name on your second character, the third and first will get that one too.

thats how i understand it anyway.

Heradite likes this.
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Ok, then the question becomes: we can have three chars, all without last names? I'd say we can.

Forest Dweller and Arradin like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I asked, and yes. You are not forced to have a last name :) At the moment, anyway.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@DarkStarr Has Blackstone Bluff been scheduled yet.......I'm actually quite excited to see this :)

5. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

He told me 4-6 weeks a couple of weeks ago. Super stoked... Maybe R24.

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Great news......looking forward to placing :)

Atogrim and mbomber like this.
  7. Alecs_Graham

Alecs_Graham Avatar

Oh really? I'm excited to see this as well.. I had considered getting a custom town myself!

mbomber and E n v y like this.
  8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Sweet! :)

mbomber and E n v y like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Several caravans of developers climbed through mountains and traveled over long roads. Pack mules stocked with Mountain Dew and Cheetos mingled throughout the procession as one by one they journeyed towards their final destination. Many developers died on this expedition, the weakest among them could not even attempt the trip (cough @Lum) and yet they marched forward steadfast to build the great wonder known as Blackstone's Bluff.

;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  10. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Would have been faster but they got dragged into 1,000 separate encounters with the same single wolf spider on their way.

Elwyn, Retlaw, Solazur and 7 others like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

HA!

Then they asked an NPC for directions and he said "If you say so." hehehe

All in fun, Lum.

12. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Better have a polished game, instead to release the game to early. We all can see the progress of the game development and we all know it needs a bit more time. I can play each release and for me i am very excited what have been changed in each release. It is fun to play and i am glad i am able to follow this development progress. On the other hand it is sometimes frustrating if some features getting pushed and other things did not changed till the first release. Keyword polish: water textures. Other features like PvP and Player Towns are getting a lot of iteration. I really appreciate to firstly fullfill the Kickstarter promies and leverage the world to a living and interactive environment. Fill the scences with life and decorations, increase texture resolution, raise the number of beings wandering around the scenes, maybe create small scripts where a fox is hunting a rabbit, life i am demanding more life in each scene! I personally think you should not forget this while polishing the game. Decorate rooms and castle areas with decorations to create immersion...
    Enough now, please understand all my feedback as constructive feedback, otherwise i would stop playing the game and would stop giving feedback.
    @Portalarium, you have my trust and i don't care about a couple of month of delay.

13. zeapo

zeapo Avatar

Nice, Getting better every release!

14. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

I know this gets into Q1 2016, but are we still on course to end all pledge/payments plans by February?

I ask because if there is more time I would still have time to jump into a plan, but it is locked at February.

15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Please let me know when your town is in. I would like the Welcome Quest to explore it and learn about it.

mbomber and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. syxs

syxs Avatar

Can a dev please explain why this is ok: all these characters share reputation
    As it ruins the ability to role play any different type of character because your choice is different. Also it makes no sense from an avatar point of view imo as if anyone in your family lied or cheated or stole something then your entire family would get this reputation. I can understand the housing/pledge rewards and am fine with that but what happened to freedom to explore the world with friends without worried your going to mess up your main characters pure virtue while grouping with some people you want to explore the darker side with?

17. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Well they just changed the ending all pledge/payments from November and now it's February so if they delay release again (and they likely will) they'll likely push it again.

18. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Looking forward to all the new stuff. And Halloween! So much to look forward to in the next few releases.

Thanks.

19. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris will we be able to rename our pets in R23? I have some awesome ideas for both taming and farming I posted awhile back. I'm sure you can still access this thread even though I can't since it's archived. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pokemon-style-taming.34469/ Also I had another thread about how it would be awesome if farming was Harvest moon style as opposed to terrbile Farmville style. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/harvest-moon-type-farming-in-sota.33246/ Basically use in-game days instead of real world days on the timers as well as in-game weather and seasons.

20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

A tip is to do like so many are doing, get an extra $45 account.

Prue, mbomber and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.