The Nomadic Merchants Association (not a guild, an idea)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Lace, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

The idea is for serious crafters/gatherers/tamers/hunters to invest in an additional row house lot either from accumulating the funds in game post final wipe or via store purchase prior to then.

This row house would be used in dynamic POT's that have created a well designed row house area that can host traveling merchants for the weekend. (I say dynamic because I doubt many static POT owners would want to have an empty area that is only used every once and a while, where dynamic can create the area before the event and take it back down again if they so choose.)

Merchants would re-locate to that week's POT claim a row house and set up their vendors.

Rinse and repeat the following week.

Existing crafter residents can ask their governors to place flyers for them directing foot traffic to their permanent locations inside the POT.

• This gives POT's additional exposure and the chance to attract new citizens.
    • It allows crafters to become a mini-mall for that POT for the week.
    • It allows the crafters from a particular POT more foot traffic for their permanent shops.
    • It creates a mini event for new and existing players with one stop shopping oppportunities
    • POT's could use the vendor weekend to host mini events promoting their towns as well.
    • People that don't want to call any one town home, can use this to explore and sell as well.
    • It prevents the frustration of traveling around seeing a vendor, clicking on them and finding junk.
    • There are some that host auctions on occasion, using that week's POT is the perfect rolling location for the auctioneers.
    • Bards and Bands could request a stage set up perhaps with the POT owner to perform like at a street fair. (especially if a stage could be placed in a pot as deco not lot bound)

I will be hosting an event in Bearskin Grotto for R29 (after the next to the last wipe) where I will be testing this concept along with my play test monthly event.

For this to work we need crafters that are interested in this as well as POT owners. Once established we can have a thread announcing where the upcoming locations will be and promoting it. If we find this is well received by the crafting community and we have a base of more crafters than lots typically available we would have the option to use 2 POT's that weekend etc.

We should form a brainstorming/governing group consisting of several crafters wishing to participate, and town owners that want a voice as well. Then we can start working with all of the POT owners and crafters that want to participate in this type of thing.

This is not a guild. This is a community wide effort.

Who wants to rove with me from town to town?

Crafter List
    @Alexander_Cornfellow
    @Lace
    @Brickbat
    @CharlieChaos maybe
    @Bowen Bloodgood
    @Tessa Jane
    @Duke Richard VonHaley

POT List
    @Jarl Atogrim von Draken
    @Brickbat
    @Lace
    @Roycestein Kaelstrom
    @CharlieChaos
    @Jatvardur
    @Bowen Bloodgood
    @Mekong
    @Duke Richard VonHaley (2 pots)
    @Duke Gréagóir
    @HogwinHD

Loaner Row Houses to share via permissions not the actual deeds
    @Jarl Atogrim von Draken
    @Lace

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Alexander_Cornfellow

Alexander_Cornfellow Avatar

Sounds like a solid idea, worth a try. I'm in.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Call it Crimson Caravan and i am all yours ;-)
    Nice idea. Good luck!
    If it works i am more than interessted in hosting your ... fair? Fair fits i think ^^
    I can sponsor you a row deed untill final wipe if you need one. And if it works i would sponsor one after final wipe as well.

Leelu, Lace and Time Lord like this.
  4. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Sounds like fun, I'm in as a merchant.

Down the road, I'm in as a POT owner. Before final wipe, I would think going to the more populated POT/Regions would be most effective, but I'd certainly be interested in hosting in Brickport occasionally once final wipe occurs.

V/R Brickbat (EVL)
    Proprietor of the The Brickport Family of Towns - Shroud of the Avatar Housing Solutions

5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Once the Devs put in those "Magic Movers" folks can avoid the redecoration hassles as well!

Leelu, Time Lord and Lace like this.
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

yes I hope to sponsor a couple for folks until they get cash for their own .. and then keep rotating those for newer folks as well. Thanks for being willing to to do this also.

And actually for the R29 event Faire is actually in the title for this part

Moiseyev Trueden and Leelu like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

As a POT owner (nested in Resolute), I would like my town to be one of the destinations for this band of the travelling merchants.

Please count me in and I'll do what I can :)

8. Lace

Lace Avatar

I updated the first post to start a running list of those interested and in what.

9. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

I will be in as a POT owner possibly a crafter. Town of En Nox wouldn't mind helping

Leelu, Time Lord and Lace like this.
  10. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

This is an interesting idea and once that's made the rounds before. Few have written such a nice post to pull something together though. It would be nice to work together here.

My own guild is heavily focused on crafting, gathering and trading as indicated by the current guild name:

[​IMG]

The guild is small but now showing frequent activity. In addition, my town is dynamic and is keen to support such ventures from anyone in the community. Then for extra flourish I will also point out that Tantalus as group of guilds and towns is a principal objective of gathering all of those activities among the community as a whole. Atogrim, now listed in the OP, is also a member of Tantalus.

I won't be personally crafting at the moment but able to host anyone who is willing to place their deed (at pretty much any size).

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Interesting. I was very recently thinking about a similar idea where events could host various merchants. For example.. down the road when I'm ready to host my own events I thought it would be cool to have several merchants there as well.. and recently the Bear Tavern Brawl today has a nice market area. I'm sure they would've loved for others to have done all the work filling vendors for them. :)

At some point I may be interested in having a crafter in this.. I will consider my town for it as well.. though it's just a quiet little tiny place..

12. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I'd be interested as a potential seller/supplier/supporter. I'd been thinking on my own about wanting to do some things that support more ranger-type gameplay and this definitely fits right in.

13. Lace

Lace Avatar

So i have the event up for a dress rehearsal so to speak for the NMA. It is only a couple weeks after a wipe and folks won't have very many things to sell, but it can help us find any flaws in the plans to set up, tear down, coordinating loaner homes things like that, and it will give the merchants a captive audience so to speak.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-and-the-maiden-faire-may-14th-1pm-nbt.47760/

14. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Findupre would very open to the Caravan coming through.

15. Duke Richard VonHaley

Duke Richard VonHaley Avatar

I like the idea too.. I have (2) POT that we can use for your tour.. I can "host" and if my crafting is up to speed I can sell too.

Saint Haley's Refuge (Island) and Raven's Head South (in embedded in Ravenshead)(underground)

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Dara Brae would love to host the Caravan sometime.

17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Added a link to here on our Facebook page. Hopefully brings in a few more interested players. :)

Leelu, Duke Richard VonHaley and Lace like this.
  18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

@Lace As would Phoenix fields! :)

Leelu, Lace and Stella Emily Moon like this.
  19. Lace

Lace Avatar

Just a reminder that after the next wipe we are going to playtest and dress rehearse the concept at the event:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...den-faire-may-14th-1pm-nbt.47760/#post-525905

While the monetary consequences are non real, it does give us a chance to think about how we move our goods and storefronts. I had originally planned to offer 2 additional row house lot deeds with your specific user as a trustee to the basic rowhouse, but I think I can buy a couple more row house deeds and up that to 4 or possibly 5 as loaners for merchants that want to try this out and don't have an extra row house deed.

For those with larger deeds that they want to use for this event, just get with me in the days prior to it and I can plop down a lot marker of your designation that won't be in the horseshoe but near it.

Lets hope that books/flyers are fixed where i can print a guide to merchants in the area prior to the event that are not in the 'horseshoe'.

Also note that this close to a wipe folks won't have a alot of money to spend so do not judge the success based on your personal gains, this is just a dress rehearsal for setting up a vendor and taking them back down again to simulate what the purpose of this whole thing is.

You will have good weeks and bad weeks. This will be a mostly bad week since most will be kinda broke lol ...

We can certainly look to our POT signups to host one in the upcoming weeks after this event before final wipe to further refine our nomadic skills.

thanks

20. Lace

Lace Avatar

Okay folks I will be claiming 3 row lot deeds which I need to assign trustee access to for those who do not have their own row lot deed for this purpose for next weekend. You must let me know on this thread that you wish access to one of the row lots I will temporarily claim for the upcoming event. this will give you one week to set up your vendor etc which is longer than what I suspect we would have in most POT's. This is a dress rehearsal for this concept.

First come first server in this thread no PM please... and list your in game character name for the free temporary row house usage, I will assign you to a lot.

Those that have their own means give me until about 6pm NBT tomorrow to allow open access to the lots, I am still moving some things around in Bearskin Grotto.

To find Bearskin Grotto, head towards Etceter and click the boat to Elysium Isles, once their enter Port Phoenix, for now head east to its docks and take the boat on the left to Diamond Fields, right after you zone in on your left is a hatch that takes you to Bearskin Grotto. That first domeway is where the event will be held.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.