Latest update..not happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rez, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

So only those who purchased row, town, and city lots at doubled price need to convert back to credits by next wipes and buy the cheaper ones to recover some credits while the village lots remain the same, right?

Leelu, Ice Queen, KuBaTRiZeS and 4 others like this.
  2. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

Nope the ONLY POT only lots being added at this time are POT Only Village Lot Deeds. The other POT only deeds will not come online until after the others sell out

But if oyu are talking about just melting them down for credits - sure , since they are lowering the price :)

Port should actually just do this if they are returning the prices to the before price increase level it would make it much easier if they just did it preemptively and gave everyone the credit back now for the difference. If not they are just going to have to convert everything and do it the hard way.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

On the bright side, the old knight house looks sexy! I hope to see the model home in Hometown soon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    rez, KuBaTRiZeS and Acred like this.
  4. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Yeppers keep em. In reality they just gave you a good bump in their value as anyone looking to place in a NPC town or to a lesser degree PRT will be willing to pay above the price of a new POT Only deed which was what you paid also for that beautiful go anywhere do anything village deed you have in your hands. Personally I think people will pay at least 50 bucks over your purchase price if the want in an NPC it will be tough.
    to get those type deeds. Your all good bro rock on! Strut your stuff, Do the moonwalk High five and take a bow! Your the cats meow for being so brave as to believe in the possibilities

Duchess Fionwyn, rez and Tahru like this.
  5. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

POT only lot deeds? LOL Just when I thought it was over, a new low is achieved. The entire POT system is one of the biggest self inflicted wounds I have seen any game do to itself on purpose.

"The reasoning and details about how this all works is as follows. Land in New Britannia is a limited commodity, thus, Lot Deed availability is tied to land availability (as has been consistently stated since the Kickstarter). "

Limited commodity? This Kickstarter feature was broken a long time ago and the final nail was when POT towns that don't show in the Overworld scene (instanced towns) were created and POTs continued to be sold without any limits. That doesn't even count all the instanced PRTs that will be created as well. The whole leaving 30% available to buy with gold is a joke when instanced land will continue to be created with no limits.

The POT only deed business only seems to be occurring because either:

1. Breaking the promised limited land feature was determined to be worth the reputation hit for more short term funding by selling endless POTs.

2. The creation of the POT system was done without any true pre-planning or thoughtful contemplation the what the real impact would be to the game and the perception the loyal backers would have.

Either way, it is a mess and this kind of major change is happening 3 months before release/launch/final wipe??

6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

No, sadly port has done that for us. I'd wanted to weigh (not that my voice would have tipped the scales) in previously but a RL near death thing kinda took priority.
    Franky.. this sucks. It is indeed a slap in the face. I bought a Town lot at $450 ONLY because it was going up. So in other words..I deprived myself of the use of my money based on a misrepresentation.
    Not cool and don't lawyer me bro. I've spent my couple of dollars in support of this project and I have faith in the outcome but on this one....I feel this pain in my rear.

7. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

So.....

- Lot Deed have been reduced to what they were before. This essentially because they were not selling.......they were too expensive, some might even suggest they still are. Reducing the price is not a bad thing, if you bought City, Town or Row at the higher price, just melt them down at the wipe and re-purchase. If you bought a City, Town or Row deed on speculation before the price went up.....well speculation has a risk, you can still melt them down and get the credits back or you can still speculate on the basis that they will ultimately still be worth more when sold out.

- PoT Only Lot Deeds only appear when the Lot Deeds have sold out. These are 'lesser' deeds because they can only ever be placed in PoTs so the true market value is likely to be less than the normal deed. My advice is not to melt down any existing Village Lot Deeds to purchase PoT Only Deeds, ultimately they are only being sold at a slight discount and the normal price is the same (for some really really weird reason that I don't agree with). I can't emphasise enough that the PoT Lot Deeds are not as valuable as the normal deeds.

So the outcome is that Lot Deeds still have a finite number and will still be rare. Overall there will be more housing available now because of the PoT only deeds (which also have a finite number). The number of Row Lot Deeds have been reduced on the store and moved in-game......once again this is not a bad thing because it gives more people an opportunity to get a deed withought purchasing from the store.

Overall the outcome is good, however I still believe an opportunity has been missed due to the pricing of the PoT Lot Deeds.

8. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

CAVEAT EMPTOR. So now you can buy deeds at a discount with added risk - anything that brings in those dollars, right?

Seriously, when did this stop becoming a game and virtual world?

cobran, Leelu, rez and 2 others like this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I bought the last taxable village deed for $165 in the add on store so I doubt anyone bought one for $200.

Duchess Fionwyn, Solazur and Honador like this.
  10. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Is it good policy to sell PoT only deeds?

These lots are under complete control of players who bought the towns, house owner may have additional rules, fees and possible eviction to deal with.
    When folk are offered items in the cash shop at the price of a 100s of dollars, it should not be for something Port has very little control over.

11. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

I'm thinking it is more of a product for people who don't need to worry about being kicked out of a POT.
    Though I have managed to kick myself out of my lot once on accident... *shrugs*

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  12. Middleton Markets

Middleton Markets Avatar

Port just did a favor for POT owners and for people looking to own a Village Lot Deed on a shoestring budget. It gets people thinking about interacting with others. It builds communities. Forget about the power-hungry few and think about why we are here. Most of us would like to be here for many years and weave into the fabric of this realm. It's an opportunity to do so. Don't be so afraid of what someone "might" do to you and go enjoy their company.

~Cristiano

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I will place my home in a POT. If any of those terrible things happen to the poor POT owner, I will move somewhere else. I don't understand what the problem is. o_O

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Given the number of PoTs in the game.......you would have to try pretty damn hard to be kicked out of all of them.

15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

A POT owner paid to be an owner of the town, so they have the right to decide who stay and not. If you are afraid of being kicked out, then you should reach out to different POT owners and see which one will get along with you better before decide to settle in any POT. If fear of being kicked out by POT owners really bother you, there are still plenty NPC/PRT towns out there you could settle in. The staffs had promised that they will ensure all the bought pledges and add-ons lot will have place to put on.

This is no different from sharing a house with someone and fear that one day the owner will strip you off access and take over all your goodies that you put in that house. It would be an issue that needs to be settled among the players. If someone ever pull stuff like that, he would just burn the bridge here in the community where everyone almost knows everyone.

16. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Heh, you see this just continues to prove everything I have ever said about property in this game. If this stuff did not matter then you would not have threads like this. It IS pay to win. Not surprised in the slightest. I'm sure the countless hours of coding time designing shiny trinkets to sell off in the near term will really pay off for SoA. This talk of finite resources for plots and such is total BS. I swear on the name of House Cornelius that what is going to happen another year down the road is that there is going to be a big glut of deeds and spaces. The only thing driving the selling of these things is hope for the future, but that hope will crumble and people will get bored FAST unless they have some pretty huge surprises by July and for Episode 1 as a whole. Do you think they can do it? I honestly hope they can, but I know deep down it wont happen.

I'm curious: if a POT owner never comes back, what happens with the town and control of that town?

Leelu and rez like this.
  17. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

The towns don't decay like a lot does, But the taxable lots in them will. Most POT owners will have trusted stewards that have all the same rights in game as the actual owner, so there is a mechanism in game to prevent a POT from completely stagnating.

18. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

But that is kind of a guess isn't it? That most town owners will have trusted 2nd in command. So if a town owner walks off and was irresponsible or greedy enough not to ensure another owner, all lots in the POT start to degrade? Or just the leader's lots? If that owner of a POT did not leave a 2nd, then the town is effectively dead and cannot expand anymore?

rez likes this.
  19. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I'm pretty sure that those who might want to reside in my town will want to discuss the town with me and be comfortable with the whole concept. If not, they should continue looking, just as those who do not like the idea of a Player Owned Town should probably attempt to find space in an NPC or PRT location.

20. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

If the owner is keeping the lots locked down and restricting access only to invited players, then the absentee pot owner could cause the lots to empty out through game attrition, or players moving to more active POTs. Alternatively they can unlock the lots and allow anyone to use their deed without asking for permission. It then become more like a fancy PRT with amenities.

Also, for the other part of the question. If the pot owner is absent only their lots decay, the town itself never decays without intervention from Port. Therefore if the residents are active their lots will always be safe. The bigger risk is an empty town through attrition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.