1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm in the same position, but accept the decision that was made and explained in detail during the last Hangout of the Avatar.

In brief, All property owning pledges were promised priority placement based on their pledge level. Having anyone able to jump ahead in line, even if they were only placing lots in their own POT, would be a violation of that promise.

As I said, I've multiple lots, all of which will be placed in my own POT. I would like to be able to place them earlier than the Lot Selection time slots that I fall into, however I understand the reasoning and will abide by the decision that Portalarium has made.

Sean Silverfoot and Weins201 like this.
  2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Like many other thingsin life, this reasoning was justified in the last few years, but today it is completely ridiculous.

Things are moving, changing and improving.

The old mentality are nuissibles. I think that this situation can only enrich anger, resentment and displeasure. The objetive of the game is just the opposite. In addition, it's totally backwards as thought. Stay on positions that are outdated is EVIL :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I disagree, I think... though I've no idea what "nuissables" means. Displeasure is something you're in control of... While I'm also displeased, I understand and accept the reasoning behind the decisions of Portalarium in this regard. Therefore, I set my displeasure aside and accept it.

4. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

according to google "nusibles" is a french word meaning harmful, detriments, etc. Had to look it up myself as well

Abydos and ThurisazSheol like this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@DarkStarr @dallas now that more tiers have expired, can we get an updated count of pledges per tier in the OP?

6. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Yes, please!!!

7. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

@DarkStarr

Does this cost you your store credits or payment credit so you can't use the credit? Anyone done this process yet and can tell me?
    thanks

MISC:

• Add-On purchases do not factor into the dollar total that affects lot selection priority.
    • EDIT: Many backers have inquired how to add dollars to their pledge.
      • Option 1: Start and cancel a payment plan
      • Option 2: Purchase a $25 Service voucher and send a request to support@portalarium. We will then add that $25 plus whatever amount of available store credits or gift coupons you wish to your pledge.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  8. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

For option 2, you can use store credits but you must buy a $25 service voucher to have them add store credits to your pledge.

For example, if you wanted to add $100 to a pledge, you buy a $25 service voucher and then send an email request to the Portalarium support email. In this email, simply state that you would like to use a service voucher to add value to the pledge using $75 in store credit and the $25 value of the service voucher (making it $100 total). Portalarium will take care of it and you will see the added value to your pledge after they complete the request. The non-service voucher portion does not have to be "new money" - it can be existing store credit. It normally is taking two weeks for this to be fulfilled.

9. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

So it cost you your credit? I would lose the $75.00 and would not be able to use it toward an addon item?

10. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Correct. This is because that amount is getting applied to your pledge instead.

11. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

So in the same respect if you choose option 1 and cancel your payment plan would you lose your first payment and it is not refunded back to you as credits?

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

You do not lose any pledge value when you cancel a payment plan however, you may lose your claim to specific rewards. I would contact support@portalarium.com to discuss this directly with billing support.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  13. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

Thank you. I understand now. You do not get a credit back if you cancel but the value sits there in your pledge if you upgrade again.

14. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

@DarkStarr

With the new end of summer pledges being extended after the final wipe, what is going to be done about the Upgrading pledges causes duplicate rewards bug.
    I wouldn't mind bouncing up to a Duke, if I got to permently keep City, + the town and village from Lord Marshall, + an entire second set of crafting stations, and artisan tools..

I'm pretty sure, you guys will address it, but I really need to hear the words..

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  16. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We have fixes to all the duplicate items when upgrading now except houses which is why we are expiring the houses.

17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We won't allow transfer a pledge after final wipe if a user has logged in and claimed rewards. We may not even allow transfer of pledges at all after final wipe.

18. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. :)

19. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Thanks that is what I needed to hear!

20. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

um what about the Rent free deed, from the higher tier, cause technically it is not a duplicate..

Cause a Duke comes with a Rent Free Keep deed, but my lord marshal has Town and Village.
    If I claim my rewards first, then upgrade won't I end up with Keep + Town + village, or do you have magic code that upgrades my town deed to a Keep? or will it be like transfers that you can't upgrade after claiming?

Sorry to keep pestering you about this just my OCD and the exploit monkey in my brain are throwing a kegger in my brain with the possibilities..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.