Disruption of Events in PvP POT's...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cupid, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Only idiots would leave because of that. I saw guilds getting paid for protecting events, they were like bouncers. In an active game with thriving community this would be no problem. This game is dead currently, that's the problem.

blaquerogue likes this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If you can ban people from PVP Pots.. the whole system is useless again. PVP POTs didnt make much sense in the beginning.. Now there would become completely useless. This game is too much a hugbox already... don't make it worse Devs.

blaquerogue and Minerva like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Are the idiots the ones that leave, or the ones that don't understand how player retention works?

Vesper Merchant likes this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Just make it a PVE Town if you don't like people coming for fights. Problem solved.

blaquerogue and Minerva like this.
  5. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

This post (right here) is the most I've been off-topic in this entire thread. Please mind your own business and allow the moderators to moderate the forums. If you need help from them, please use the report button. Thank you.

Vallo likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Allowing bans in PvP areas so you can ban folks for killing people is a contradiction in having an open PvP area. PvPers see an open PvP area and enter it in hopes of finding soemone to kill. If they get banned from the area for killign someone, which is what will happen most of the time (and would have happened in the OPs case) it would be just as angering for those people as it is for the peopel tryign to keept hem out of their events. Turning your town to PvE and having an oracle conservatory there to allow folks to flag PvP is much more reasonable and less misleading

EDIT: i mean non-pvp in place of PvE. there's no E's to V in POTS >.>

8. Cupid

Cupid Avatar

This was a Dev event, in which we were asked to play the role of a band of PK's, and had been rehearsing for it with the event coordinators for days in advance. The Devs themselves were part of the fighting. I would in no way attempt to disrupt another guilds event just to ruin it. Which is what has been happening and I am sure will continue to happen if POT governors aren't given some type of control over the towns that they have payed good money for.

Also, when Minerva and Violation said we were taking it too far, I stopped and left the scene. As well as offered them an apology. You can ask either, I've never caused a problem at any of their events, in fact I try to help support them. As a member of this community, I want nothing but success for everyone.

As for our Virtue League Tourny being griefed... I would agree, a little side PvP is no big deal. At the point that I ban you from the lot though, because your causing a disturbance and delaying the event, and then you come back the next week and do things like climbing the cavern walls to jump over our lot walls just to continue being a nuisance... I would call that griefing. Causing our event to be delayed by 45 minutes because I have to redesign the lot? Not to mention causing one of our events (the gauntlet) to be cancelled because we had to take it down to do the redesign... That's what I call griefing.

No promise to stop, no apology, plain and simple... You, Hate Gnomes, and Sciamanto simply came to ruin our events. Two weeks in a row. You even ruined your ally guilds event (the OOV auction) with the same tactics.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well if people with money can now ban people to prevent kicking their asses we will get even more P2W flames. Stop catering to whales Devs, start making a game where all players can have fun. Protecting yourself from PVP is already possible... If people cannot handle it they shouldn't take part in it and not getting their ass carried around.

blaquerogue and EMPstrike like this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I do recall the attacks on the shooter party to be planned, and they were intense.

As far as i've seen in the two recent events in particular, only one man aside fromt he PKs was actually killed, and it was the only oportunity available for those who possessed a paying contract to kill him, and the PKs died alot and left after they accomplished that. As far as i know that was the case in the chaos caverns thing and the other event yall held after that that William (the contracted target) attended.

Im failign to see how that ruins an event, but i can see how it would set the event back a couple of minuites. I saw first hand how violation delt with PKs who repeatedly attacked with the intent of killing everyone there repeatedly, which was seemingly far worse than the situation you had i think, and he managed to barricade them fromt he tournament compeltely and the game continued uninterrupted. So it SHOULD be possible currently to prevent this from happening with current mechanics and if it isnt then the current mechanics should be revisited first.

But i do like the NPC guard idea.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I agreed with this part. The devs arent catering to the rich tho imo

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  12. Cupid

Cupid Avatar

Its not about catering to the rich. I'm far from it, we just happen to have a member in our guild that is willing to let us use his PvP town as a guild resource. So what about those of us that want to have fun, organized, PvP events? Too bad for us? We can't do what we want? It's more important that the griefers have the ability to come destroy our events at a whim? That's just ridiculous.

13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Just make your town a PVE town. Or make the event somewhere else. Problem solved.

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

There has to be an acceptable balance between the two extremes.

If you can have an event area that is protected from repeatable grief, then you can have fun. If you want an event protected from 100% of grief, that's already provided in non-pvp towns. It's that marginal risk that's not being supported right now. You have to pick between 100% pvp and 0%. Which is no choice at all for me because I'd prefer pvp to be more like 50/50. I don't want to live in a world where people can come into my home steal all my stuff and loot me continuously.

Here's what I'm hoping Rats Nest will be like:

Stay in your home = 0% Risk, unless you invite the wrong people into your home. (obviously the devs have some work to do on the permission system and the AOE attacks and some exploits that allow people to jump walls that shouldn't be jumpable)
    Step outside your home = 75% Risk. Assuming there are no NPC Guards near by.
    Step outside your home and go into an unprotected area that you're less familiar with = 100% Risk
    Step outside your home and go to an area set up for trade = 25% Risk. There are NPC guards there and most people are not there to kill you, they're there to take a break from being hunted or killing other players.
    Step outside your home and go to an organized event like pit fighting = 25% Risk. There are NPC guards there and most people are there to enjoy the show, not to kill you.
    Step outside your home and wander around the city away from major points of interest = 100% Risk. No guards and locals no that this is the wild west.
    Visit Rats Nest to buy and sell goods = 25% Risk. You're not a local, but you know the NPC guards are on "your side" assuming you don't start any trouble. Pay attention though, you're an outsider.
    Visit Rats Nest for an event = 25% Risk. You're just passing through, but you know the NPC guards are there to keep the peace. That doesn't mean you're 100% protected, it just gives you a fighting chance verses groups of pk's. Don't wander around and you should be ok. But hey, bring some friends too, that's probably a good idea.

I think that's a reasonable way to approach all of this. I think that covers most of the gaps that we have right now. If POT owners can strategically place NPC guards in their towns, that creates a barrier (a flood gate) against random aggression. It doesn't stop players from attempting to be disruptive, but it lowers the impact and the likelihood of those players being successful. And to me that's what MEANINGFUL pvp is all about.

Wintermute of CoF and Jar Laxle like this.
  15. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

PVP'ers Gonna PVP.

blaquerogue, Brickbat and Minerva like this.
  16. Cupid

Cupid Avatar

I'd much rather see the Devs fix game mechanics so that we can continue using our towns just the way they are. When your banned from a lot, you shouldn't be able to get on it, in any way. There shouldn't be spells that have an insane range. I'm sure OOV can testify to the problems that this causes. As Roper Doc Holiday and Sciamanto ruined their auction with chain lightning, killing half of the people that were in the audience, and only there to bid on items. Not fight, or be killed by surprise. To me, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few trouble makers. Not for me to decide though. One way or another, we will continue on with our events, it would just be nice if months of planning didn't go down the drain because of bugs in the game that a few trouble makers choose to exploit. I'll bow to the decisions of the devs and the community though. Not trying to force my needs on others, I just think down the road this type of activity will cause more harm to the game than it will help it.

17. Lacey

Lacey Avatar

Even if the towns cant allow bans (although I agree Govs and Stewards should have this option) the lots need security... If you are banned from a lot, there should be no way to cast into the lot, shoot arrows, walk inside the perimeter at all.. I want to know if you have a player on your ignore list, can they still attack you? If they cant attack you maybe the targets can just ignore the players attacking... I guess that's a test we need to run... And not to get off topic but it kind of goes hand in hand with this one... its not just about the pvp its also about the stealing... once you are pvp flagged you can be stolen from and we have had several shady thieves trolling the spectators during the virtue league... We remind people to check their oracle often but still...

Honestly I think this whole war thing has been going on about a month... Isnt it time to chill out and go on with their gaming lives!!!!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  18. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

The only people effected at that event where pvp, So we laughed and shook it off. I have had my pvp flag on sense the ability was implemented I have died allot and . most pvp'ers play quite abit more than I but that doesn't change the fact that I am a pvper . I dont need to ban people from my town because they came in and killed me or some on that lives in my town. Lets not Twist what these towns are for..

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

If we want to change it ok I could be open to a strike system ..... so IF a contract was put on someones head and someone came in and collected on it..... job done... if they come back and the town owner gives them two more strikes maybe they could have a 3 hr ban. But as ive said several times Griefing comes in all flavors and the pvpers are the least of most peoples problems. As a pvp town owner I want full control of my town also . but at least right now we have to have a give and take until it can be smoothed out. its possible Port has a great idea but they needed funds to work on it . jsut spit balling here . :)

20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I disagree completely. I ran that auction and felt like it was complete chaos. I didn't feel defeated or ruined after it though because everyone I asked, including you, said they had a good time. I let anyone who wanted to make a comment after do so... all the comments were good!

If you guys want help I have a lot of experience with events in PvP towns... I can teach you guys how to use the tools that are in-place already to set up a place that IS safe. I had that in an open area on a beach... not a great place to defend yourself. Those people who engaged in PVP did it of their own accord because we were in a NON PVP AREA. Don't you remember when YOU and several of your friends lead an attack on Vengeance WITHOUT ANY WARNING during the Shooter Jennings album release? Don't you remember how I reacted? It's a game: have fun! I didn't stop you guys and I even whispered the devs and said if they wanted to have fun to look for you guys... and they did! It was a great time. I also was able to turn the people who wanted chaos and combat into an area and provide that... I designed the town layout around that 100%. I spent weeks setting it up and in the week before even had people come in and find ALL the bugs with the setup (bugs, not issues... game bugs) and warn me so I knew how to handle it if a griefer came. No one griefed. Just some PKers came and PK'd. That's what PvP towns and the higher-risk environment allow: more fun.

The topic at hand is PVP TOWNS and events within them. The auction is a terrible example because it was in Brittany. I think the tools the devs currently have are more than enough and the issue I have the most right now is the insane bug you mentioned with chain lightning. @Chris can attest to it. I keep reporting it over and over and keep demanding it get fixed! LOL! I think people are getting confused with bugs and missing features now. They feel defeated when they shouldn't. EVERYONE IS BOUND BY THE SAME BUGS. You can easily compete! They're not hacking to grief... they're just exploiting. If you know the exploits and bugs then you can use them back to defend yourself. I can't be anymore forward with you and your guild besides saying frankly: if you want help you need to accept it. If you want bans and features to control other players in a pvp town I'm against it 100%.

If you can pay to get an advantage in PVP then this game needs to be rebranded to pay-to-win. PVP Towns cannot have the ability to execute game systems to gain any sort of advantage. Our current system, after YEARS of testing and growing, is the best of both worlds already... it's just riddled with bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.