Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot click on woman in starting scene...

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Baron Daniello, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

This is a bit embarrassing, I can't seem to click on the woman in the first scene to start the game. I must be doing something dumb. Anyone else have this issue?

Daniello

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Some were having issues with lag for the longest time. Thinks one mentioned 2 hours before they cleared up or something like that.:(

3. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

oh wow... Its strange my cursor does change when I approach the mirror but not when I point at her.

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Are you a ghost or did you finish changing already?

5. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

I am a ghost.. but I went on to the mirror to configure my look. I will try talking again afterwards. It kept telling me to talk to her first when I walked away...

6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yeah, she tells you a bunch of things then tells you to go use the mirror after she's done - you picked your manifestation or something like that?

7. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

Even after using the mirror and becoming real I cannot talk to her. Very disappointing. I would like to hear what she had to say.

8. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's not necessary to talk to her to progress, though she does give some explanation as to why you're where you are. You can if you prefer ignore her and run straight to the mirror with no ill effects.

Elwyn and FrostII like this.
  9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yeah, after you use the mirror, it's onward so she doesn't say much to you at that point, if I remember (probably don't :p) correctly. If anything, it's onward to the house on the hill.

Edit: Lum beat me. At least you got it straight from the horse's mouth. :D

10. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

Is this documented anywhere? It would be cool to read it sometime. Since we are rushing to grab land we won't be able to start the game over and come back to this part again.

Danielo

11. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

It will not let me talk to the Oracle either. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

4EverLost likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its because, at the moment, double clicks and double key taps don't work well at low FPS. One option is to raise your FPS, which you can do by either lowering your graphics settings, or shrinkng the size of your game window.

If you don't want to do that, its still possible to perform an action using the E key. The thing you're interacting with needs to be under the cursor, or under the reticle in mouselook mode.

See, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/cant-open-vendors-gate-levers-banks.55586/

FrostII and Oba Evesor like this.
  13. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Hitting the E key is the only thing that worked for me.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

E key doesn't work either. The reticle doesn't change when hovering over the woman or the Oracle. Should it? It does when hovering over the door and double clicking / pressing E opens the door just fine. I was at the max video settings. Switching to the lowest resolution didn't help.

Should I try deleting my character and starting over?

15. Acred

Acred Avatar

Hello, @Baron Daniello , redfish and monkeysmack hit the nail on the head. The 'E' key should trigger interaction with Arabella, the Oracle, and the books in the scene.

If some of these worked but Arabella did not, try it from different angles (and be sure that your cursor is not in the chat line).

In other scenes I have found that having the name of a person (player) I was chatting to in the chat line seemed to make clicking more problematical than having /l for local or /z for zone at the start of the chat line.

Lum did state that you could continue without having spoken to Arabella on the Isle of Storms. Whether or not you want to re-roll your Avatar is up to you, of course.

16. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

Thanks for trying to help Acred and everyone else!

I am OK, though disappointed, with missing out on speaking with Arabella. I did move on and used the mirror to create my character.

The issue is that I cannot access the Oracle either. Doors, Books, the Mirror are working fine. I am able to interact them with without any problem using the mouse or pressing 'E'. Its very strange.. Seems as if I only have issue with NPC's (Arrabella and the Oracle). I will play with the chat window when I get home to see if that changes anything.

Thanks,

Daniello

Acred likes this.
  17. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

Tried again on Saturday and after the game patch was applied I was good to go! Thanks you Devs!

Daniello

4EverLost and Acred like this.
  18. Sarizaddi

Sarizaddi Avatar

I have this issue, and it is a clicking issue, not a storyline issue or player fault. I can double-click once. After that, I can not double click on anything else. So the issue, I double click the woman to do the speech. I double clicked the woman, so can't double click anything else. If I CLOSE THE GAME COMPLETELY and reopen, I can double click the mirror. But then I can't double-click anything else. Then I have to CLOSE THE GAME COMPLETELY and reopen, now I can double click something else....like the door to the Oracle. The I have to CLOSE THE GAME COMPLETELY and can back in and I can double-click the Oracle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.