1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Elad's Lighthouse Update

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Sea-Wolf, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Sir Stile Teckel

I will have to check the scene again when I get back to work on Monday to be sure, but I think I can make your path/stairs a reality.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

I do have plans to introduce a few more NPC's that I think will be appropriate for the theme of the town, and that will also provide everyone with crafting necessities.

3. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Hawkwind

I've been told not to make any changes to the positioning of players's lots, however I can talk to my supervisor about making adjustments to your lot. I will, however, need either a lot number, or a screenshot of your lot. I don't want to accidentally fulfill your request for someone else, as there is another lot on the hill near the waterfall (if memory serves)

I didn't want to show incomplete work, but a small market is already in the works for the docks area.

*edit

I haven't even thought about music yet, but I would prefer it to be different from the original source map if possible anyway. Ill see what I can get away with on Monday.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Stay tuned next week for another update!

5. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

never mind me...too much Jameson tonight. :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  6. MeddlingMonk

MeddlingMonk Avatar

That will be good. I have a lot near the docks so it's not that a big deal to cross over into Central Brittany for stuff I can't get in Elad, but that's gotta be a pain in the tuchis for people in the outer fringes.

7. Curt

Curt Avatar

So where do people living at Elad's lighthouse get fresh water and what do they do with their waste?

8. MeddlingMonk

MeddlingMonk Avatar

I've got an outhouse in the back and I absorb moisture from the air directly through my skin like a good Time Lady should.

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

I am on one of the village lots at the top of the hill. Will the terrain change to a degree that the hill is no longer there or are the hills being retained? I chose that lot specifically for the view from the top of the hill. I do realize the scene was going to be uncloned though so I knew there was a risk I would lose the hill view.

10. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

The elevation of the plots will not be changed. The hills will also be retained, though they may be shaped a little differently.

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

Thats great news. Looking forward to R36!

12. Fain

Fain Avatar

Really really excited for this one! There's a great community here and we've been anxiously awaiting the makeover!

Thank you Sea Wolf!

13. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We can certainly switch the music! Chris, check in with me on Monday and I'll give you the run-down on how background music works in scenes.

14. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

Fain!

Fain likes this.
  15. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

Can I like this twice? ;)

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I love the scene, I just wish the namesake lighthouse was visible across the entire length of the way. My library is in the West part, and I'd have line if sight to it (especially with the telescope on the roof), but it's just outside the viewable range...

17. Fain

Fain Avatar

I'm still around! Just waiting a few releases until I jump back in!

18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Thanks for checking in over the weekend! It's great to have people from both sides share the same passion for town building.

19. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

@Sea Wolf: very nice and thx for showing us ur great work!

20. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Awesome! I can't wait to see how things will look looking down the south road toward the city and villiage lots are to the south of the main township. I hope there are things that catch people's eye to attract visitors down that way! I live in the first Viking home :)

Lots of land that way especially between the road and the ocean!

and all around my house there is a hill that goes into a gully I always thought would look pretty cool if there was historical evidence of workmanship in cutting that gully, I havent got a fence to enhance the utilisation of the gully look. :)

+1 for fresh water source! the hill behind the Ankh has lots of potential too!

Oh, so exciting!

oh, I really love ruins and archeology, layers of the past... old things on top of old things, There is a wonderful youtube series from an archaeological perspective and they delve into games and try to understand the history they depict in different games.

Example:

I would incredibly love to suggest our town or locations in game for these guys to explore.

Have fun in our town! I can't wait to investigate quirks of creation you guys put into these towns!

I for one would happily help from a residents point of view help people understand the history and secrets the lore and this game has to offer.

Hopefully there will be layers for us and our visitors to peel back over time. Many of us have telescopes too! fun fun fun!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Hazard, Sea-Wolf and Hawkwind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.