Crystal Sword

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Browncoat Jayson, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Take this post as a joke, but it would be funny if using the sword killed you and your target at the same time. The crystal sword explodes in its one use taking out you both. :D

Kambrius, Dame Lori, smack and 2 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Perhaps that's what the sword actually does! All this time we thought it would take down any foe, but in reality it kills the user of the sword and then destroys itself.

How clever! :)

smack and BillRoy like this.
  3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Maybe kills your enemy instantly but blows off or withers your hand, and maybe arm too...gets the jub done but leaves you crippled with a seriously permenant dexterity minus...:eek:

4. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

"Are you sure you want to use this sword? I mean, really think about it a bit. You will lose an arm if you use this. So really, do you want to use this? Are you going to RP as a one arm beggar? If you are really sure you want to use this please click yes now. Otherwise, it makes a nice decoration!"

BillRoy likes this.
  5. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

I will not hang it on the wall if I can decorate like this
    [​IMG]

Miracle Dragon and smack like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

That would be cool indeed. Skyrim not only had weapon stands but models that you could dress up with armor and weapons and shields.

7. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I think the crystal sword does not look as nicely done as the skinning knife of prosperity or the other prosperity items. The textures and colours makes it look a bit more like a toy sword in comparison, however it may very well look better in-game or when presented differently. I am merely commenting it as it is presented, and from my own opinion of it. I am also hoping that the blade will have some transparency, reflecting it's crystal nature.

I did a little quick editing to show what I mean, and give a better feeling for how I'd want it to look:

[​IMG]

Compared to the original:

[​IMG]

OSullivan likes this.
  8. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I'm not a fan of blue, but I know that's the "Founder color"... and I can't say I'm a fan of the sun/moon founder symbol being used on any of the items. I think it could have look better as a small emblem on a more traditional hilt. I don't have a problem with the waviness because the sword is impractical as it is (1 hit kill) so we don't really know how it works, and I'm guessing the blade will appear much more transparent in the game.

What does the other side look like? I'm getting the impression from that image that the emblem is not doubled on the reverse side.

Either way, I don't think they should waste any time in revising it or anything. It is what it is. :3

9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

If you want to talk realism, a crystal sword isn't going to kill anything. As soon as you hit something it'll shatter and not really do any damage. Presumably the idea is that its some sort of "magical" sword. So its a matter of suspension of disbelief :) They can make it look however and you just accept that its an uber special magical super sword, etc.

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I love the blue hilt. I love the kryss shape for the blade I love the unique hand guard. Ii love it all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  11. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'd like to roll the model around and see what it looks like.

I think the oversize founder symbol is fine for a one-time-use magic sword.
    I think it needs to be ugly. If it looks good hanging on the wall, people won't ever use it.
    If you are using this in a battle, magic is doing the killing, so it need not have physical functional qualities of a normal sword.

I think the hook on the pommel is just to give it an aggressive look. (Stephen talks about shape-psychology in PotA).

12. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I'm using mine on that there dragon, as I'm sure most everyone else will too! This is of course pending information that the dragon is the richest and most powerful monster in the game....

13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I stole a sword off the internet and pasted (quick and dirty MSPaint) a founder symbol on it.
    Something like this might be a sword I'd use for day-to-day hero-ing.

[​IMG]

14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I assume the lack of transparency stems from the fact that you are viewing this on a plain grey background, so it simply doesn't show up. Also the color values, such as what you edited, are in a default lighting setup. Once you see it in-game, with actual lighting and shadows, it should look more natural.

I don't agree with the design myself, i personally think the curviness is a bit overdone and the sun rays/spikes are far too large (this makes it look more like a dagger than a sword), and I would have liked to see some faceted-ness to it. Still, pretty cool concept overall.

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think it's horrible. It doesn't look at all Glass or Crystal, and I'm not a fan of the Kris blade style either. It's so overdone and generic fantasy.

I always had a different Idea in my head for Glass weaponry. You know, how they do it in the mods for Oblivion and Skryim. Something like that.

Just my 2 cents

*edit* Since I've given a strong opinion, I want to clarify. The glass sword itself, in the Ultimas I had it, I always imagined it to be a sword made of you know, actual glass. Something that breaks when you use it. Just a sword that is translucent and imbued with magical light inside or something. I dont' get any of that from this design, which is why I think it misses the mark.

Some of the stuff you guys are doing is really awesome. But you're also doing some things that are wide of the mark, and this is one of them.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Make the blade transparent and that's the Crystal Sword that I want! Could even put the hooked end on the hilt.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So this is it.......

This is the sword to slay LB with at the launch! ;)

LoneStranger and Orladin like this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I should really read what the item is before I post.........

Now I'm just disappointed....... Ya I agree with everyone else, the sword sucks :(

Strongsquirrel1 likes this.
  19. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

As long as he doesn't forget to turn on 'Invincibility' again. :D

20. Kell Frost Wyrm

Kell Frost Wyrm Avatar

I don't care for it, I'd rather craft my own weapon of choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.