Kickstarter Pledge account without "Upgrade" option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigey, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigey

Tigey Avatar

I am an original kickstarter pledge at the Collector level. I was hoping that housing would be a little cheaper than it appeared to be back when the Kickstarter was going on (I would have gotten a higher pledge level then but unfortunately, not a lot of money at the time).

A guildmate was saying that I should see a line in the Bundle tab of my account page that has an upgrade button that would allow me to upgrade my account. I do not see this button. There is nothing in the Bundles tab. I have been playing the game this last few days, I have a couple of characters, so it appears that my license (so to speak) is good.

I think something got kind of lost along the way to be honest. I haven't received any of my Kickstarter items yet. Have I missed the boat?

2. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Sounds like your friend got confused between backer and bundle. You can check your account page but I don't think it is currently possible to upgrade your kickstarter pledge.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Physical goods are being prepared for shipping. Digital goods can be claimed at a banker by pressing the Claim button.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and as mentioned pledges cannot be upgraded any longer. They were discontinued and replaced with bundles which can still be upgraded at this time.

5. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

A bundle is a package with a lot deed, a house deed and some extra bonus items. Anyone can buy it in the store, or upgrade an existing one to bigger lot and house. This should be available at the account page if you already bought a bundle.

The backer pledges are what they are and can’t be upgraded. I would have done it as well if it was possible.

6. Tigey

Tigey Avatar

Hmm. So is the only option to pay out another 300 bones for a house?

7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

As long as you did not upgraded your pledge before 2016, in july, I fear that you can't upgrade it anymore. There has been some email announcements about that, as long as they were not able to warrant good places for your deed after the wipe and the land rush, I guess.

Pledges come with a lot of expired objects and tax free place anywhere deeds, when bundles come only with objects which can be purchased with COTO and deeds which can only be placed in player owned towns.

There are some solutions if you want a deed :
    - try to sell the rewards that you don't want to keep in the marketplace, in order to get some money.
    - try to look for people who sell deeds alone, in order to get a better price and (maybe) a place anywhere deed.
    - buy crowns of the obsidian on the store and buy a taxed deed directly by the proper vendor.
    - or try to make as much gold coins as you can, try to buy crowns with your coins, and buy your taxed deed.

8. Tigey

Tigey Avatar

Hmm. Well purchasing of Crowns is out methinks. Wife wouldn't think very well of that. Maybe I can get something for some of these rewards or whatever.

I am saddened. I recall in UO that there were at least open lots (really just placeable areas) on several shards for quite some time after launch. And basic houses were not that expensive. I guess the times be a changin.

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

basic houses (the not so fancy ones) can be bought in-game with game gold... POT Lot Deeds are also available in-game but would cost you Gold COTOs... you can buy Gold COTOs with game gold from Player Vendors... good luck... :)

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There is also an in-game lottery. @Spoon did a good job in giving all the details: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-are-player-housing-deeds.115645/#post-981654

11. Tigey

Tigey Avatar

@Kabalyero Cool. I really don't care to have a "fancy" house. When you say that these basic houses can be purchased in-game, are we talking from player vendors or from NPC vendors. If NPC, which would they be? I have checked the "Housing" tab of every vendor I have come across and haven't seen anything like a deed or whatever yet. To be fair though, I haven't checked a large number of vendors.

@Kara Brae I'll check it out, thanks!

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just a small note here.
    You are beyond fine here.

The cheapest deed in the Player Marketplace is the Taxed POT Row deed.
    They go for about roughly $30-50.
    (these are sold but you get the idea)
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/wts-taxable-pot-deeds-row-village.116258
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...deed-sold-village-arena-basement-sold.113930/

Some even sell them for in-game-gold
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/wts-taxable-pot-deeds-for-igg.115919/
    (that is a really good deal if they are still there btw)

Looking at your pledge tier
    That means you are a Royal Founder Collector.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Collector_(Founder)
    Just the starter Founder/Royal Founder gear (armor+weapons) from those are worth more than the minimum deed.

If you still have not used the Royal Elderberry recipe+berry, then that alone is worth about the same as the minimum deed.

So you could easily do a trade for a pot row deed for some of your stuff.
    Depending on how attached you are to some of the stuff you could also make that a Taxed Pot Village deed.

Please note though that depending on who you would trade with you could get scammed as well of course.
    So if you go that route please let someone doublecheck the offers etc or I could easily set up such a trade myself but then you'd be adviced to get someone else to check my offer.

Now with that said.
    That is if you want to own your own property.
    If you don't mind living in someone else's then there are several offers of free/cheap rentals or even borrowing of houses etc.
    As well as if you guild up then several guilds have free chest spaces in their guild houses and provide rooms and boarding etc.

So if you want to simply trial a deed and see how it works then give me a PM and I can set you up for free.

Jaesun, Numa, Vaentorian and 2 others like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you manage to obtain any kind of Row lot deed, there is always a default house on the lot already that you can use. Row lots are not allowed to be empty. If you don't like the default Row house, or if you manage to obtain a village lot deed, you can purchase a house deed at any Housing merchant for gold. They are usually found in towns hanging around the bank, usually upstairs in NPC towns. Early backers often got several houses with their pledge that they don't use, and sell them on their private vendors, but they apparently consider them collector's items, because they are often too expensive in my opinion. Several lovely houses in the game are craftable, but you need a carpentry skill level near 100 to craft them. I especially love the 4-story Row Greenhouse. The new craftable village inn can be used as a private residence and is huge.

Keep in mind that there is an in-game tax on taxable deeds. Cost is 500g per day for Row lots and 1000 g per day for village lots. You can collect 500g per day from the Oracle by successfully taking her test, which helps. You can pay your taxes in advance so you needn't log in every day.

Numa, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And the raffle is going on now. Purchase raffle tickets from decoration vendors for 5k and 10k. These are taxed deeds. You can win 1 of each type. Also if you take the oracles test you can get 500 gold a day.

Also Many of us have Inns and offer free rooms to players me included. I will gladly contribute to anyone's cause with free rooms or a little extra gold to help as well. I am Majoria in game if I can help anyone.

Elwyn, Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

NPC Merchants. You will mostly find them in the second floor for Banker NPC Buildings in NPC Towns and Player Run Towns. :)

Of course, if it's a Row Lot then you don't need to buy one. :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Tigey also the lot deed raffle has begun again. You can buy tickets at a merchant inside bank buildings in towns.

The more tickets you buy (5000 gold for pot, 10000 gold for place anywhere) the better your odds of winning, but you can only win 1 i think

17. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

This is a real shame, I wouldn't mind throwing down a few hundred dollars to upgrade my pledge... but I'm not going to just waste a bunch of that on some separate bundle. Hopefully someone will rub two brain cells together over there and give us original pledgers a way to upgrade and give them some more moola. I'm not talking about original pledges or physical items, I mean, give us some kind of upgrade path, maybe even using one of these bundles or something. We don't need another copy of the game or bank spaces and more access to the Dev+ board (which we already have). Let us upgrade our lot deeds, and get a new theme, like the obsidian or kobold stuff. Then you can "please take my money!"

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There is no tradable recipe. The recipe is in your book if you have that pledge level.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Nelzie like this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That wouldn't be correct.

They reversed it.

When first rewarded it was in the book, then they changed to a Recipe but that had a bug in that it was Teachable. They then reversed it and gave out non-teachable recipes.
    However if you claimed/used it right away and was eligible then you would have never noticed them changing it and then changing it again.

EDIT
    So didn't find the release instruction. But found these:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...yal-purple-dye-recipe-lost.81020/#post-765455
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/royal-elderberries.104042/#post-902985

This was the only reference in Release or Patch notes

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I have four accounts. The first one was a basic account from the R20 era which I later upgraded to Citizen and then Edelmann. A second probably started with Citizen and got upgraded to Edelmann before persistence. The third was whatever was enough to get a TF row deed. The fourth was due to a chat room prize during a telethon that included game access.

Only my first account shows me a bundle upgrade option (allowing all five bundle types at all levels, for what it's worth). I'm sure they'll figure this out soon enough, but I can understand that it is broken for a lot of people right now.

Also on the topic of pledge levels, keep in mind that it was possible to upgrade to higher pledge levels after certain initial rewards were expired.

Then you probably haven't gone upstairs in a bank building yet. The NPC is up there in most* bigger towns. (*a different place in some, or not present at all in others)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.