1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Monthly Livestream: R52 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't know- I don't recall there being so many nodes around in PvP zones. The increase in resources would have to be pretty huge to make up for the lack of nodes and increased competition, and still result in a higher yield than going in Friends mode elsewhere.

2. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Okay I just saw this. NO. Do not put things into the game to attempt to bait me into a type of gameplay I will actively dislike. It's bad enough that you can barely be bothered to work on crafting at all don't poison it by trying to bait me into a position where other players have power over me because you sure aren't going to give me power over them in return. This is a stupid idea that you should be ashamed of considering.

Gorthyn and Mac2 like this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Just FYI, this is something they have talked about adding for about 3 years. Not saying it matters to me one way or another, but it certainly isnt a new idea.

Moiseyev Trueden and Lained like this.
  4. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

I'm aware. It remains a terrible idea that they keep tossing around because it's an easy change to crafting and it would please the awful griefer trash that infest the PvP scene of any MMO. It gives one specific playstyle actual power over players of another playstyle. And being crafting is punishing enough without adding another disincentive. How about the devs spend their time giving crafting a hundredth of the diversity and depth that combat has instead? Currently there are less than 20 unique production skills, why not work on that? Or add something to solve the producer XP problem? Or the ten or so RNG rolls involved in making a single piece of gear?

Gorthyn and Mac2 like this.
  5. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Make it a wand pattern.

Amber Raine and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am not afraid to pvp, so I am not worried about it for myself, what I am worried about is all the non pvpers, people who WILL NOT, repeat WILL NOT pvp, and also happen to be crafters and gatherers. I have heard these players say many times they will quit with that type in inequality put into the game. These players make up a good chunk of the player base, and the last thing you want to do is lose part of the player base. Some of them also happen to spend lots, previously on store stuff, and probably now on cotos for stuff. Pvper do not need non pvpers to pvp with, we should be pvping with other pvpers. I am sure many of you know shimizu and scoffer, 2 very good crafters, and have made the awesome crafting museums in renzia. They would probably leave over this, and I happen to love them and would hate to see that happen.

Gorthyn, niteowl57, Arlin and 2 others like this.
  7. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Thank you Starr. I searched for it on the forums and didn't see it so, I thought I would ask again when I didn't hear it answered on the Livestream. Appreciate you digging this up for me!!!

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

He did answer and said yes.

edit

it seems someone already answered for you ;)

9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Reducing fizzle chance for heavy armor through Dexterity would probably be a wrong move. Magic spells (and especially some shields) along with heavy armor skills (and equipement stats) give most of the best defensive bonus. Not to mention that training magic spells and passives is the only way to get the maximum resistance with magic and elemental (with potions and artifacts that everyone can use). If you give tank mages a way to avoid one very few (if not the only) downsides they have, the result will be a mess, in my opinion.

Also, I hardly see how Dexterity could justify less fizzle chance in a plausible situation.

Sorry to say that but worst idea ever.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  10. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Please, just no. Dexterity has nothing to do with fizzle at all. I'd rather see higher attack speed or jumping height added to it instead. Dexterity makes you more nimble afterall.

Hornpipe likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm one of those people you describe, @Griffler... I have no desire to PvP. I have no problem with increased resources in the PvP+ zones. I certainly don't feel punished.

Ronan likes this.
  12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Because PvP players become bored without gankfood, so they need to add bait for gankfood to happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.