2 servers 2 choices

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brink1123, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Should there be two different servers for pvpers and pvers?

1. No. we should all play the same way.

2. Yes. I understand people like to play differently and they should be able to do so with like minded

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hello Ender :)

Well yes, there are no servers, but if a separate instance, the EXACT same as ANY other instance but with a few tweaked hard-coded rules *EASY WITH UNITY* and besides its the same kinda "switch" as pvp will be, they will get matched with other pvpers and have looting rules that are different and other perks.

The question remains, why not us ? We will see all the houses nothing else will change, a simple instance or server lets NOT PLAY ON WORDS HERE :p we want to play the spiritual sucessor to the ultimas ! Not play with words :)

The benefit is that you will not lose me, if you value my presence at all or even only my experience, which logically means that if it flourishes and I'm still here, you will have access to it by dedicating one of your characters to the Siege Perilous instance. Also I predict many hundreds of players would come back and thousands more would pledge just to get a chance to see me. :p *laughs at self* kidding aside I'm certain of what I advance because I am IT in the flesh.

You just asked a question and answered yourself, but you have not even taken the time to think about how both visions can merge, and since its a very small effort to do I'm somewhat offended, but no hard feelings :p

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Your intention is good dear I know it... but the pkers are gone, they have much less patience than me when nobody is making an effort to merely acknowledge them or why they think this playstyle is fun, which is to say, no effort. Organised and instanced PvP is nice sometimes, but its not a GAME such as Siege Perilous was... it has not even the slightest bit of interest to "pks" ; by that I mean the "hardcore" roleplayers who are after a certain form of perma death, because they like "having game" and really having an impact. Of course UO never achieved that, UO was like the teaser, and we all know it.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

...these servers run on donations, I personally know many of them as I've been helping to program and script a few, and lemme tell you they are not afraid for their server bill like DS has been hinting to in many hangouts...

Brink1123 likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

That wouldn't be a separate server really.

I'm sure instances will populate along PVP-flag lines to an extent when there are thousands of players playing at once. So we'll already have that.

There has been discussion over the years about the possibility of a PVP/loot slider where players can set a slider for the level of risk they want (such as full loot). Maybe you'll get instances of just players who want PVP and full loot some day without splitting the servers.

I want everyone to enjoy the game (as much as that is possible).

I just don't think splitting the servers will have the desired effect that some people think it will when they ask for it.

Logain likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I've ran at least a dozen times in the total opposite, the server would match me with people with similar interest I guess or playstyle, but I would get separated from my own party members... Of course its a bug, but it still serves as a perfect EXAMPLE OF HOW WE COULD USE A SEPARATE INSTANCE while all the cool PvE people would hang in the same instance, we like to be together, you like to be together, win win.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You are wrong again Siege Perilous was created and intended the way it was before all those issues. And if I told you the real reason for the split you would probably rip all the hair off your head...

We don't mind, we can wait. We've been waiting 15 years remember ?

You have not even thought this one out, the mechanism to do just that is already in place you just don't want to make the effort to think how you could make a whole bunch of players who ALSO SUPPORT SHROUD and YOUR GAME.

Prejudice again, this is sad.

blaquerogue and Brink1123 like this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ender... we know, its not like some theory, its IN OUR BLOOD. We know it will have the desired effect, like Siege did, siege never had trammel. Siege never had special attention, never had any EMs... we don't require anything but those hardcoded rules. There is no splitting of servers, just the rule that if you join you cannot go back WITH THAT CHARACTER, so more power to you if you buy two or 10 accounts, everyone is happier because that backs shroud as a whole ! We can't deal with pvp flags and sliders sorry, it totally ruins the concept :(

Brink1123 likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Zero to do with my statement, but it's ok, I like the notifications when I'm quoted.

How they are run vs who that money comes from, not the same.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Again same illogical reasoning... Siege never had trammel, and the economy was the best on any game I've ever seen. Less ressources, less gold, npc will only RARELY buy from players, NO RECALLS etc etc...

I'm not even sure you know what segregation means because I really can't even begin to understand why RG would comment on that when we already have INSTANCES going on... that means that if a guild war happens and the server can't handle it, there will be a split in the instances ! Talk about ruining a party...

Miracle Dragon and blaquerogue like this.
  10. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

heres one more notification for you ;) ........ you and i both have no idea what you meant by that statement lol

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm glad you pointed it out and we agree on something at least, nonetheless if you take a whole demographic and how passionate the players are about that ruleset that means +++ money for portalarium.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Easy on the beer bro :p

13. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

haha

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

See the consequences Ristra ? :p people are getting DRUNK to forget their sadness and deep pain of being told "no, just cause we decided we don't want to make the slightest effort to understand a whole third of the original UO playerbase" (that yes disseminated slowly and after trammel but still account for THAT MANY PEOPLE)

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If a game is designed to have a sunlight. It's impossible for players to have a game with complete darkness for all players. It's too completely opposing designs.

There can be places of darkness and situations the sunlight is removed. But it will always be a game with sunlight.

Make a different server with no sunlight, ever, and every mechanic that depends on both sunlight and darkness are potentially skewed.

To expect a different server with the removal of specific designs is illogical. Referencing some other game that has very little mechanics in common is just as illogical.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Less drinking more soul searching and understanding why UO was a snapshot in time. A case where history can not repeat itself. The online gaming industry has changed.

Did I just say less drinking... I must refill my beer. /snapsoutofit

Logain likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

"they're all crooks and crones"
    Thats a good metaphor for 5 year old kids who never touched a computer :p

So what if the players do not mind that we lose sun boost on spells if WE CAN HAVE GAME ?!

Logic goes out the window and is replaced with the logic of "portalarium needs more money to create what they really want"

Your last phrase just goes to examplify how far you are not willing to make the effort of seeing how its easy for unity to recognize which players are flagged for Siege Perilous and give them all the same "debuffs" on ressource and skill gain.

EASY to please us[/QUOTE]

18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is your wish... if I was dead I'm sure you would have been perfectly happy with me not being who I am, right ? Because I'm not only asking for something, I'm saying I AM something and well portalarium says "be yourself"... I am a leader, I am responsible for the folks you and many others would rather ignore, and segregate. Yes I beleive the word is well used.

Maybe you think the butterfly effect is logical ? The alcohol is also getting to you, the saying is that history repeats itself, and in this case history is making real roleplaying with perma death something politically incorrect because it brings back raw feelings which scare the weak hearted... thats one thing we cannot ignore either, which is why I eventually, after much effort if you will please remember our previous arguments came to the conclusion that a separate instance was the best option...

and almost every freakin one started to ignore I had elucidated it...

until you caught on *congrats* but then again...

ugh.

Brink1123 likes this.
  19. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

I think as this game grows we will see an increase of pvp orientated people, who knows maybe just like in UO they might have to add a fel/tram because they didnt see just how many people like that style of game.

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It doesn't matter how easy it is. If it takes 2 seconds, it's all the same. It's the implications. Which is the part you are not willing to make the effort of seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.