2 servers 2 choices

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brink1123, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Should there be two different servers for pvpers and pvers?

1. No. we should all play the same way.

2. Yes. I understand people like to play differently and they should be able to do so with like minded

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Oh and you are willing to make the effort to explain to us all one last time ? No metaphors, just plain truth...

Brink1123 likes this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

About as willing as you are to go back and watch every video the devs have made. But, if you pick a specific topic, I might illustrate how they would play out differently on the split servers.

Logain likes this.
  3. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Somehow missed your reply earlier. I think people are forgetting that Subterfuge is going to be in and you can bet your bottom the PvPers are going to be in for a while testing it out on each other. I have been on the QA server the past couple of days having a blast toying with it and reporting. And with the temporary PvP flagging...non-PvPers are going to be testing it out on PvPers..if for no other reason than to sap them in the back of the head, giggle and run away. I beg to disagree that the PKers are gone, Ahu. I mean...prior to a release, everyone is gone. It just happens. You are right though that Shroud will never put PvP as priority. It was never intended. It will never be like Siege Perilous. That is just comparing apples and oranges. Coffee and tea. Donkeys and llamas. An ends without a mean.

4EverLost and Logain like this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats very much extremism of thought... an end without a mean... I'm the mean, and many of you are being mean because you know exactly what I am meaning.

Yes I'm another fanboi who insists on getting "what he wants" but this rethoric is so blown out of proportions that you aren't even willing to face the truth, the pks are gone, we have not been tolerant and now we lose in diversity so although we might implement great systems in the future some people will be unwilling to look at it.

Just because we resorted to admitted extremism of thought.

It goes round and round, I can't really argue without an argument.

I am that I am.

5. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

crowfall.com combat alpha this month...sota doesn't care about pvp (as evidence by the fact the pvp forum is sub-nessted 4x's).

6. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

LoD will be in both Albion's next run and Crowfall alpha 2. I was LoD's biggest proponent of SOTA, and can say that we will not be playing it as a guild. As it stands now, SOTA is a monumental let down for a guild like ours.

Abydos likes this.
  7. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Absolutely, send a PM to [LoD]Murd on lordsofdeath.com.

Abydos likes this.
  8. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

i didn't vote because the very concept means 1 server will be sparsely populated. I much prefer that a server has a high population and I don't even care much for SotA's PVP. I'd hate for them to throw any dev or IT time making an all PVP ruleset just so 50 people can gank one another 24/7. Albion Online, Crowfall etc. will be 3 month chucks for certain.

Logain, Solazur, enderandrew and 2 others like this.
  9. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I'll just say I'm for one server and that is because the idea of having multiple servers is kinda silly in a game like SOTA. How would the servers work with the way the game is fragmented in the online part: SPO, FPO, and MO. It's kinda why the people who wanted the one server we have to be full loot wouldn't have gotten the experience they wanted anyways: all the crafters and "weak" players would just move to SPO or FPO. The world would be empty. And now they want an empty MMO world for them to play around in.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Source:

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

ALL of the people will never be satisfied. It is what it is. I for one am cool with the approach the SotA dev team is taking. In spite of the very vocal opposition, I think he majority of us are happy with the compromise.

13. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

tl; dr

Also, I'm sick of people forcing the idea that it's all or nothing. This early in the development. We haven't even seen FPO or real singleplayer yet. Stop forgetting that EVERYTHING is still subject to change.

Solazur and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No, not everything.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

FPO isn't going to be any different?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's an example Heradite... :p maybe friends online could include a group of full loot open pvp and then the game could morph to become more like we're expecting.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You could always open a trade window after you lose. Go all in and delete your character after each death and be a real hardcore player.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Weins201, Solazur and Katrina Bekers like this.
  18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Insulting us is not going to get you anywhere... well I guess that depends on your perception of going somewhere, both ways your logic is flawed.

Brink1123 likes this.
  19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Pretending to be insulted goes no where. The logic that is not flawed the the Devs have a direction that is in the complete opposite direction that 2 servers takes the game. Expect the Devs to drop their plan and go your direction, now that's flawed logic.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  20. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

It's the national pastime here. What would these people do if they couldn't feel insulted or outraged on a daily basis. Apparently it gives meaning to their world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.