2 Story Keep

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by scruffycavetroll, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

OK, so I placed it last night and yeah, the interior is way too small. The courtyard is nice, but I think some of that has to be sacrificed and the courtyard made smaller by having the walls moved in which will expand the interior. I also don't recall seeing any windows on that interior wall looking into the courtyard.

There isn't a lot of functional space and in one room, the door opens into the room so that it's inside the room taking up even more space.

While this keep is neat and really what I have been looking for in terms of an in game home, as it's the closest thing to a castle i will be able to get. I've even made a home in The Sims 4 that has a courtyard, the interior really needs to be made bigger and more functional.

The only other thing I could think of is that this keep is really for show and most of your living space may take place in basement.

I hope this building gets a rework and made bigger on the inside the current layout is unfortunate and well, lackluster to be honest.

Deliverence likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I still hope they add a rectangle room in the middle and let its roof be the place for gardening, or expand the size of the four towers in 2-3 folds. Right now, it is hard to created a "man cave" room compare to other houses out there.

Spoon, Grave GodsHammer and Ice Queen like this.
  3. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

i hope that maybe a dev could give a little feedback on this if they might rework it to make it bigger...or if the intention was to make it so that the basement would be the functional "living space"?

It's awesome and the closest thing to a castle I'll get as I said, I'd like to keep it, but only if I know it's going to be reworked to make it better. If not, I'll probably return it after the next wipe.

4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I have to disagree, I'm a Duke and I love this little town sized keep. Bought it for my son's account. I think they made great use of the Town Lot and gave the lower pledge tiers a little taste of royalty.

Go to PaxLair, @Kacey has his setup and its been incorporated into the walled/ protected downtown area and it matches the large keep walls perfectly. I just wish there were some small inserts like the corner wedges that could be placed between the keep and the lot edges so it could be made seamless with keep walls placed off the property.

I think a great change to this house would be to replace the rear door with a centered gate and then one on the very back of the building so it could be used as an entry point to walled communities. The courtyard could then be used for vendors or any sort of cool purpose you could imagine. A guard post, a killing field...

This is a cool building, but it could be fantastic.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  5. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Kacey

Grave GodsHammer likes this.
  6. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I think a small change like doubling the size of the back wall and removing the inside door from the top 2 rear towers would give a little more decoration space without sacrificing a huge amount of courtyard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! :D

8. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

I'm happy you like it...however, the interior is total trash and way to small. Your change does absolutely nothing to rectify the interior of the home being well, almost completely absent. Sorry if I come off poorly, but others mentioned the interior also, and you want to move a door...I'm sorry, that rubbed my the wrong way. I'm cool though, really :)

80% of this home is courtyard, 18% walls / stones, 2% actual usable space, and 2% might be generous.

This is my bedhallway...I call it my bedhallway as my bed won't fit in any other closet, as the rooms amount to storage closets..so i sleep in the hallway.

Bad layout is bad...which is unfortunate as I really like this building but it's just not worth it with its current interior layout.

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Spiral staircases in towers would be cool btw. I wish this would be the case instead of ladders.

10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

No worries at all man, I have thick skin. I like the extension of the back wall idea, I agree you should at the very least be able to set up a table and seating around it comfortably and have some living space.

Overall +100 to this thread, the concept was a great idea.

11. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

are you for cereal?! You really think putting a spiral staircase in the rooms where the ladders are will not take up more space in the already small "room"
    Actually though, the more I look at the pic above, yeah, lol, the more I think the door should be moved to the middle.

Concept of the home or the thread? :), If the thread, I only hope devs see it and give teh interior considerations. It doesn't need that much either...just move those interior walls in let's say 15' in each direction (7.5 feet per side) and that should make the interior better.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE THE THING...but man, this interior really leaves a lot to be desired...for comparison....the OUTHOUSE has almost as much usable space as the corner rooms do.

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Of course I'm for cereal :D Space isn't everything. But they could be narrow staircases also.

13. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Space is the ONLY THING. OBEY YOUR SPACE

Now, if they moved the interior walls in like I suggest above, maybe a singular staircase in one of the hallways would be ok...but honestly, ladders just work better for space reasons.

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well it would be nice as a city sized house too... three stories.. with an arcade on the courtyard walls... and a door instead of a gate...

Sorry, I'm just thinking about building an abbey ;)

15. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Well, I don't have a city lot, wish i did..

Yeah, if this were city sized which by default should make the inside bigger, and I had a lot to put it on..it'd be tits.

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

These guys
    [​IMG]

17. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

No, not quite those.

also, when did God decide to sew the head of a bluejay to a canary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.