Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorgin Txakal, Jan 5, 2021.
Treasure maps, nets & message in bottle similar to UO.
1. Summoning should be more useful, the creatures need to at the very least be able to draw aggro so they can serve as a distraction.
2. Increase the amount of health players have across the board. Currently there are too few situations where enemies do enough damage to where you need healing but not so much that they kill people before you can provide it.
3. Some way to get a useful amount of XP doing some fun and varied daily content instead of having to grind the same boring crap over and over to get the billions of XP needed to actually stand out at anything. (Infinite progression sucks)
4. Crafting shouldn't be random, and higher skills should mainly make crafting cheaper so that it becomes more profitable, not make it more powerful so that hobby crafting is pointless.
5. General game balance is still a joke, you get shoehorned into a small number of builds if you want to deal serious damage.
1. Better loot in general according to monster level , more unique components like Torc Dawls handles.
2. More scalable difficulty scenes ( Tenebris Harbor; Krull, Lost Vale and more)
3. Some love to Blood bay, The fall , Ruins and shardfalls (PVP Scenes) with group boss, good loot and XP. Higher the risk better the reward
4. Better crafting results for high level crafters (power of enchants, expecional chance, durability and masterworks more scalable). All artifacts integraded with crafting system (salvage and socked in a specifict slot in a crafted item);
5. More skills for Water, Sun, Moon, chaos magic, At least 3 sources of DPS per tree.
1. Bug Fixes
3. Crafting - Remove desire to watch Netflix or play another game while crafting
4. Player Vendor search of some kind
5. Single Pane of Glass with UI including removing need for alt-tab or searching the Internet for game info (ie: Crafting Material Details IN GAME).
(ex: imagine a new player on a console playing this game without a web browser available.. they should be able to find anything and everything they need or could possibly need in the game itself)
Millionaire title give bank NPC 1 million gold =-D (Gold Sink)
1. Unit pricing for player vendors. Allow players to set a per unit price on stackable items and other players to buy any quantity of those items out of a stack. It's easier for the seller, and more convenient for the buyer.
2. New systems and tools to facilitate pvp. Pvp should be fun and easy to jump into. Right now, it's just not either of those. But with some changes to what currently exists, and some new systems I think we could see some growth here. It's a lot of work, and probably a pipe dream, but hey it's a wish list right? There have been a lot of good ideas put out there on this topic, and I have some of my own. But I won't go down that rabbit hole here, since this isn't the place for it. But the game as a whole, would be better off if pvp were fun and accessible to everyone.
3. More group dungeons! Nothing makes an rpg feel like an rpg more than dungeon crawling! And nothing makes an mmo feel like an mmo more than doing so with a group! The problem is, there isn't a whole lot out there right now that requires a group. Putting a bunch of hard hitting monsters with massive hp pools isn't really what I'm talking about here. I want mechanics too! Mechanics that require more than one or two people. Something that makes the fight more than just buffing / debuffing and attacking (and jumping). Large dungeons to explore, puzzles to solve, bosses that feel like bosses! I want it all. And lots of it!
4. Item search function for player vendors. If there were a kiosk that Governors could put in their towns, that would allow players to search for an item and see if any of the vendors in that town have that item, and highlight the ones that do on the map / compass that would be amazing! Any way for us to actually find what we're looking for without having to hop from town to town, checking every vendor and wasting an hour just to find something we want to buy. Make it easy for us to buy and sell our stuff!
5. Improved loot! Improved by a lot!! The way loot works in this game is quite frankly terrible. I'd like to see instanced loot, as an example; Me and a few friends work together to kill a boss, we each get our own loot tables to pull from. Sharing the gold is fine, but sharing the loot incentivizes playing solo. Give us more reasons to group up! Supply bundles just plain suck. It's such a good idea for loot, but it's squandered by the fact that you're more likely to pull a potion you can easily make and some bread than something you might actually be excited to get. Everything about the way loot is generated and distributed needs to be looked at and changed to make it more fun for the player.
That's my top 5, in no particular order and subject to change at any given moment.
I have one, just one.
Hire enough staff to do any of these (from the above list) to completion, vrs the let’s get it soso and move on to a new task and never get it completed to the players satisfaction.
Just fix loot. I can deal with all of the other stupid quirks (and endless rounds of archery nerfs), but make it worth my while to go out and adventure. Make the loot relative to my risk.
1. Revamped quest system/quest tracking system
2. Better loot based on mob/character level and time commitment & loot that supports group time investment
3. Improved use to the virtue system (pluses and minus) in interactions and activities.
4. Central vendor listing system
5. Some longer epic like quest lines
1. Lose weight
2. Eat healthy
4. Read more
Oh wait... I thought you all wanted the list of things that are said every New Year... over and over..
A few in no particular order off the top of my head, without getting into most questing, fishing/treasure maps, new creatures, utilizing existing space, buy order/quests, etc.
1. A handful of improved weather and maybe stellar effects variants, periodically based on area or time. 2021, the year of snowless interiors?
2. Some Static and/or moving FX artwork updates on the overland map for all types of towns.
3. Increased improvements/rehaul of both types of vendors. No more empty public vendors please.
4. Conversationalists that hold/give items after a trigger word or such.
5. Update the single-glyph cooking tree, add in exceptional dishes, and encourage people to cut up rare fish occasionally (to eat, also find add'l treasures) then use as trophy.
1. Fix performance - performance has steadily declined over the past couple of years
2. Make each play session rewarding - rework lottery loot mechanics to progressive/incremental system
3. Modernize quest journal - aesthetics and functionality
4. Modernize craft recipe book - aesthetics and functionality
5. Player vendor UI overhaul and global searchability
This might actually be nibbling around the solution to the whole global market problem.
List on global public market, pay a premium to be searchable. Seems fair.
There are some good ones for sure...here is my list in no particular order. #3 is a bit of a stretch but could create some great opportunities for the new players we desperately need.
1. More group only oriented events. Too many folks seemed forced to solo and thats fine, but make it where folks that want to group, can group for multiple activities. (Treasure maps, dungeon crawls, compendium style encounters, group daily quests, crafting quests requiring multiple skillsets to complete,..etc.)
2. Improved and expanded player created quests. (Full functionality where you just load up the resources/rewards/requirements and let the quest run independently, and "restock" those quickly vendor style, pending quest restraints like this quest can only be done 1/time per week to prevent abuse.)
3. Tools for us older players to easily mentor/develop/instruct new players on our game's systems. (Ex..a quest system specifically created for new players by older players accessible in the new player areas like Soltown. Inventory bins that allow a player to access certain equipment once they reach a skill level in an appropriate skill. AKA New Player Reward System (Veteran Player created)
4. Crafting "time" improvements. (Still takes WAY TOO LONG to make a set of armor)
5. Treasure Maps. (This kinda falls under #1, but more specifically "HORIZONTAL PROGRESSION ACTIVITIES", AKA useful time sinks.)
This is a virtues game, nay? Enable systems to dub just one online player at at a time as the one 'Avatar' in game. Then create a way for players to unseat them from that title to claim it for themselves. And let's see how ...virtue... really plays out in this game.
removed cuz I was not following da rules. I’ll put this in wishlist instead.
Hi Guys this is an old request I had so I copy and pasted it and edited to save myself time.
-Battle grounds full featured-area with daily goals and factions to join to complete. It will include a timed event, kill count, quests and quest completion, and daily rewards to include xp, trokens to purchase items, and an onscreen announcment and horn to click to join. If not enough join NPCs will fill in the void. Onscreen announcement to join and grab the quests when you enter or during. Capture flags etc.
-Finished systems with satisfying details such as cooking (moving basic recipes to loot was a fail and should have been discovered while cooking), taming, quests, journal, maps, crafting, and fishing.
-An achievement system and or task system that has players explore and earn achievement points for completing or rewards such as a special pet, a new outfit, cotos, a title with a bonus, a new recipe etc.
-Daily fishing quest, pvp quest, and crafting quests so crafters can earn resources and special rewards not having to combat as much. Such as catch the thief running along the rooftops for a merchant type of quests.
-Sellable filled bags need to be an option for us to put on our vendors. They don't have to be a bag system but we can only sell empty bags at this time which limits are creativity drastically.
-a good treasure hunting system complete with difficulty of maps to do, interesting details and ways to get the maps. Not just a grind for maps. Perhaps given as quest reward even one piece of the map, and of course survey tools that make x marks the spot show up to use our shovels with a digging animation. Perhaps you have to put map pieces together and there is a quest to find other pieces. Also found in message in a bottle, on the ground partially burnt in campfires, etc. Not just grind again. Mobs could appear at that time ghost, rats, or whatever, not waves. I am so sick of waves being the only option for cool we get. It is too over done imo.
-We must have a raid system that handles large amount of players or many groups to compete against each other. Like WOW battlegrounds has 2 raid systems competing and strategizing and doing quests on a timed event. (larger grouping was added. Haven't tried it out yet.)
-Entering game announcements you can click on. Take the announcements out of the chat windows give them their own icon. Players can and do miss them. Flash the screen and make some even clickable to teleport. I feel we should add them to the journal system as a tab so players can find things even when announced on screen. Tabs of quests types such as dailies, pvp, crafting, main story etc. How to tabs such as fishing, housing, list of achievements etc.
-Seasonal and surprise Events such as the dragon event that even works similar to battle ground with quest for it, raids to join, flashes across the screen to click on.
-Log in rewards (you are doing) and rewards for logging in consecutive days or months etc is all good. Also dailies that we felt were the best dailies that have kept me and Baldrith logging in were progressive dailies with better rewards for doing for more days like a special fishing hat, or fishing pole or cotos would be better than one daily to encourage longevity. This is an old idea but still at the time an idea I had.
-When adding new systems make them popular systems with lots of details like mounts that can make horse racing and tracks for them, treasure hunting that shows up as an x on the map or scene when you have the treasure map (think the game Risen animation when pulling the treasure chest out), consider flying if we get a new episode 2 layout or like Archeage soaring on a hover type board)
-(Failed to do) ;( Episode two bundles in all price ranges and not just a purchase episode 2 option would be great. If we knew we could get mounts and boating special bundles with those would sell. I just know it. Starting episode 2 with these systems would be a benefit to wiping. We start anew but our POTS and deco could be saved if possible. Starting fresh would be upsetting to some but if we must we must. Just set up the model before the news. Many may quit over it if mentioned too early. Players must know benefits before deciding and benefits must be a very big deal.
-For player content such as horse races, finding the treasure, climbing challenges etc we need an in game Timer such as a horn or whistle to blow and a clock to set the time which could show onscreen and make a sound at completion.
Some of my dreams for the game. This does not take away different playstyles but adds to imo. We are missing basic variety of things to do. It is grind, grind, grind in a dungeon, or decorate. Very little amount of quests to do for the questers. Not enough something for everyone. We do not want another tougher dungeon until some of the games other things have been addressed. Give us goals, achievements, and many types of quests. Give us a journal that is descriptive. It can be used or not but it will show player progress of achievements, quests, daily and main story quests, and things to do in this game. The waterways of Shrouds should be awesome and boats that can travel can be placed by players. I don't agree to moving houseboats with all our things. That is way too much to drag down the games already struggling optimizing issues. We have to make it work even if our stuff cannot travel. A copy of our purchased ships and boats could travel but all stuff in them or most stuff in them should become static on travel. Ok so we can still dream right?
How about episode 2?
Below is my list, if I have to choose one the is the most important then I would like them to start with Number 2 please.
I want the game to remember players Inventory, bags, containers and window position and size every time. Do not reset them after reboot or crash unless the user choose to reset them.
Global Market Place with prices. Allow every user to be able to see everything that is sold on the vendor global with prices.
Scalable loot. Enable loot to be scaled dependent on the level of the zone you choose to play in and mob difficulty, a T1 Zone should not produced better loot than a T5 zone. Loot need to scale with difficulty, if a creature has loads of health and resistance it should have loot to complements its difficulty.
Remove attenuations. Allow players to play as much as they want, I have never seen a game that tells a player please stop gaining EXP and take a rest for 1 hour. If it is our health you are worried about pop up a message to tell use to take a break but that is not it. Please I beg of you remove this limitation and allow us to play for as long as we like without attenuating us.
Detailed Character Sheet. Many players wants to know the best way to build their character, we need detailed explanation of what each stats does and how it applies to our skills. Also the Specialisation, which it does it do and how it affects our skills. No more vague wording like MASTERIES, we want to know technically what that applies to each skills. We want a window we can open up and see in detail what each skills does, what specialisation applies to it, what INT,STR,DEX applies to it in details like, our resistance, critical hits, critical chances, detail damage resistance, detailed damage avoidance, detailed agro generation, detail damage numbers like any other MMO.
SoTA needs to double the combat deck slots from 24 to 48.
I reached the 24 limit with different builds and I have more build ideas I can't implement. If I can't implement, I might be playing less as I'm bored with the inability to create.
Separate names with a comma.