3 kinds of 5-story village basements

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kara Brae, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the add-on store there are 3 different kinds of village 5-story basements available:

1. Village stone 5-story basement
    2. Village mine 5-story basement
    3. Village stone and timber split level 5-story basement

From the tiny pictures I can't tell what they are really like. Does anyone have them in-game so it is possible to look at them?

strabo likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hi Kara,

The mine one is terrible for deco unless you really want a 'mine'.

The split one is really nice except for the ceilings being so low that you can't even jump over chairs nor can you enter bathtubs on some of the floors.

I "bought" (will melt down later if I don't like it) the new one so that I could compare to the old ones.
    Tonight (CET) I will set it up in Soltown, I got the lot on the right after the refugee camp, its just a bunch of crafting stations and stone pavers to give new folks somewhere easy accessible for crafting. (and me a nice jump point).
    I think I will 'hide' the hatch so that not too many new folks get dissappointed in a completely empty basement complex, at least until we get those geocache chest thingies then it could be fun to have it as an easter egg for them. So you might need to look for it a bit.

Feel free to check it out.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I love the feel of the stone&timber basements (split) but I feel claustrophobic there so am only really considering the stone basements. At least until they give us a waterfall basement :p

Unless you have a specific mood you are going for or specific idea that incorporates the mine-style basement I would think you will be using one of the other two.

strabo, StarLord and Kara Brae like this.
  4. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

^ This! I feel the same way. I decided to switch to the stone basement for my village lot... as the stone and timber made me feel claustrophobic in RL. And then I upgraded to a town level pledge... haha, So I'll convert it to credits on the next wipe for a 5 story town basement. I also tried the village arena basement as it has a very high ceiling, but it doesn't give me enough floor space, it would be nice it there was an additional level below the arena.

strabo and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It would be nice and great for fundraising if we could have one of each basement...well at least two, i would like an arena and a stone one...the stone and timber i prefer over the stone one but as a couple of people have mentioned they feel a little claustrophobic and i agree.

6. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

You can see the mine basement in Braemar (a hatch to it is at the Inn). It's certainly not for everyone, but does have a charm and could be useful for RP. (I have one for just that reason.)

They used to have 'examples' of the stone and timber basements in Kingsport, but I believe they've taken them out. They are nice if the lot is large enough. They are 'brighter' (light-wise) than the stone basements. But the stone basements have some beautiful details, if you put enough light sources into them.

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Spoon: I visited your basement and I really like it, despite the fact that you have to access the stairs through doors. I think this is the one I would go for.
    @Raven Swiftbow: thanks for the tip about the Braemar basement. I visited it, and was surprised to see that it really is a mine. Despite the name, I couldn't imagine that it really was a mine with tracks and everything. Duh! I really liked it for the atmosphere, but it really is a specialty item and not a practical basement.

I wandered around a village and found a stone and timber basement. It has separate rooms, which is nice, but the wooden stairways up and down take up space in the main room without being attractive. The ceilings are indeed very low, except in the room that has the ladder going up. I took a screenshot of the top level:

[​IMG]

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love the stone basement best. It has an erie feel and i love the stonework on it. I am in corcoast if you'd like to see mine. I don't think I would like having the mine but someone may have a theme in mind for it. It is cool looking just not what I like for my home.

Deliverence and Kara Brae like this.
  9. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

The mine basement that you get when you purchase it does *not* have the tracks. I have one in my public house in PaxLair (I had to get home and check before I sent you on a wild goose chase, lol). The house is the Elven House in a Hill - there's not too many of them in PaxLair.

And, of course, you can't "mine" in a mine basement. That would be an unfair advantage - so this mine has been 'mined out' I guess. But you should go and look at it without the tracks and deco. I have not put anything in the PaxLair mine basement, so what you see in it is what comes with it - it comes with lanterns, thank goodness! My basement hatch is in the kitchen on the ground floor.

Location: Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_paxlair Loc: (52.5, 38.3, -105.6)

Kara Brae and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

I could see how a mine basement might fit well with the adobe buildings, in a desert biome like Vengence, but that's getting awfully specific ... lol

11. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I think the minebasment needs little bigger rooms to work, and more tunnels in the same level and not so much levels down.

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I love the arena basements, but I wish there was a version available with 2-3 levels of the stone basement beneath them. I think those players who are space conscious would pay a premium for them, and it wouldn't involve a lot of work to create (except probably the village basement, where you'd have to squeeze in a staircase instead of a ladder).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.