6-Month Demo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jouten, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Most people that are satisfied or don't have a preference, just don't comment at all. It's mostly the angry people that are inspired to post, and that's why it seems heavily weighted toward dislike.

And, there are just some people you're never going to be able to make happy. Funny how they keep hanging around though.

skinned likes this.
  2. Deus_Irae

Deus_Irae Avatar

Not sure that's entirely correct though. I mean, I don't know what you want out of the game, but let's just for a moment, like me, you relish the ability to sit around in bars and roleplay etc. If the devs all of a sudden, in a game that's not in its final form yet, said "No sitting in chairs, and no chatbubbles". Wouldn't that upset you? Would you just leave the forums of a game you pledged money to or would you argue your case on the forums?

Edit. And if most people are satisfied with this system, a simple poll would prove it.

TheGrinch likes this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

If they make changes to the game that I don't like, I would voice my opinion in a respectful manner, and try to offer a solution.
    If they removed sitting in chairs and chat bubbles, it would have been for a reason. Tell me the reason, and maybe I'll understand. Maybe I'll think of a work-around.

A poll wouldn't prove a lot. And the vast majority of the 25,000 backers don't even visit the forums. They're just waiting for the game to be delivered.

Alexander and Strongsquirrel1 like this.
  4. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

It is better to voice your opinion whilst you have a chance, rather than remain silent knowing it might be too late later.

Everyones opinion matters.

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

My opinion is people don't like the card system because they don't understand it. As I stated before it's not just random like people are saying it will have a rhyme and reason for how it works and once it's complete it will be a good engaging system that will be fun and enjoyable and not just the same as every other game on the market. You can't say you hate something when it's not even close to being done. Anyways let's try to be more positive and talk about what we like or enjoy from the video instead of just more posts complaining about details that will be fixed well before release. Remember this is only 6 months in and we still have another year left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

6. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

If I have already paid for my meal and I don't like green beans I am for damn sure going to tell the cook not to give me green beans, give me potatoes instead. I have already paid for my SotA meal. I could care less if they make the best damn grean beans in the world, I don't like them, I don't want them and I will continue to tell the cook not to put them on my plate.

Isaiah, Isycle and Deus_Irae like this.
  7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I think that quote means that if people feel free to voice their opinions, then they're not quietly seething and sitting back waiting to mutiny. There's a lot of truth in that... but that's only a jaded perspective that there can't be something better. Which for me would be to be around people who don't just say, "you're doing it wrong!" but figure out how to get in there and help with new ideas and perspectives.

One of the benefits for me of pledging this game was to see ideas and suggestions flying around. If I wanted to hear complaining I can go to a whole bunch of websites for free, MMORPG, IGN just to name the ones in the moment. Never understood why people would want to waste their lives on making comments that are ultimately worthless.

8. Deus_Irae

Deus_Irae Avatar

How would semantics make the debate any different? I agree with the premise that the tone should always be respectful, but just because some people might come across as being a bit overly zealous and angry doesn't make their concerns any less valid. Even if they have, I'm sure the devs have thick skins to let a little internet forum rage hurt their feelings.

True, most people probably do not visit the forums, but that argument in no way equals that they don't care about the combat system. In the beginning of SWTOR, there was an outcry from certain people about the state of the game, and the argument "95% of people are happy and in the game playing" was simply not correct as time would tell shortly afterwards. I'm merely saying that trying to shut down the debate over the combat system because of a prevaling tone that inevitably springs up when arguing online is dangerous to the longevity of the game.

Kilhwch, TheGrinch and Deathblow like this.
  9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Well you ordered the green beans when you pledged to a game that talked about a card combat system up front. But I guess, like some restaurant patrons they try to blame the cook for giving them what they ordered...

10. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

The way things are expressed make a huge difference as I'm sure you've experienced in your own life. No one enjoys being around angry people and you have to work extra hard to hear what they have to say. It's like looking for good food in a dumpster. You can do it, but most people don't want to. If the forum gets cluttered with angry comments, also makes it harder for the devs to read them. Such is just common sense.

11. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

So, I should just sit back and wait for them to implement something that even Starr Long has already called controversial? So I shouldn't voice my opinion about the direction the development of this game travels in? I thought that was the whole idea of these forums. For me, and you, and everyone to be involved in building our game.

12. Juvez

Juvez Avatar

I dont think its smart to bash/complain these communities as well. Ignore if you dont like them, but it wont help SotA to be negative to theyr possible customers, and not doing eny beter person of you compared to them.

13. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Umm, I will pay extra if you give them green beans to Vyrinor.
    Let there be an option to turn this system on/off at alpha & see what percent uses it.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

14. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Please do pay extra! :D

You don't really understand my perspective - I feel like with the combat system all we have is an extremely vague concept. Not going to worry about thinking about something that was expressed in the demo as not the way things are going to work. Waiting until I have more detail until I form my opinion.

15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

That was my opinion in kickstarter, now I have more detail, I'm opinioning

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

16. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

This!!

So if everyone is so hell-fire bent on taking control away from PvPers and putting it into a random game generator, then lets do the same thing for crafters. You want to make a sword, you put all the materials on the crafting table, hit craft and volia you get a brand new beer stein. You want a leather tunic? Gather and put all the materials on the table, hit craft and get a pair of shoes. Gardeners, you want an apple off that apple tree? Reach up and grab a carrot from the branch.

Yes, random makes so much sense now.

Isaiah, Deus_Irae and Isycle like this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I don't think that's bashing - it's a pretty demonstrable fact that there is a much higher concentration of complaining, unhelpful comments. They know it on those sites and they deal with it in their own ways.

18. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Also I want another house with that, random is fine.

19. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Do we have more detail if what was given in the demo was disavowed? The latest definitive thing was Starr's comments from a while back when the skill trees were starting to be released and even that was extremely vague.

20. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

I am paying a home builder to build a house for me. I give him general directions, and I pick out a plan that I like. But I don't tell him how to drive each nail. That is HIS job.

Me either... so why did that comment show up in this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.