6-Month Demo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jouten, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

For a sword swinger like me, all I really need is a bunch of heals and a spell to pull a mob, so I would likely stack my runes that way.
    A mage, on the other hand...

skinned, nightshadow and Koldar like this.
  2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

When alpha comes out maybe they can do a mini scene jam to make a demo video. They could give a list of all the required scenes and let people that don't have Unity skills, but maybe some movie making skills, get a chance to win something. Maybe not a high level tier package...but something.

rild, Dame Lori and Lord Jouten like this.
  3. vjek

vjek Avatar

It's important to note that melee skills were also used in combat. It wasn't just lightning and fireball, but the upright sword icon, it was used as well. You can see the highlight (in pink) when it's used

First time is at ~17:39
    Second time is at ~17:53
    Third time is at ~18:26

(these are the big damage hits, like -33 or -54 on the victim)

rild likes this.
  4. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

Well, we can just look at the comments under the video to see that; and ...eesh.

LoneStranger likes this.
  5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

And im actually happy to see I can cast while holding melee weapon. NOW i really hope they do awesome staffs / spears and I can feel 'traditional' mage (with pointy stick!). Add raven as backer house pet ;)

6. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

And a lot of black, empty ones.

7. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Those were random blanks (and Lum mentioned that they need to fix how/why/when they show up).

8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

ok here's my suggestion(s), boiled down into an easy to read image. :p

[​IMG]

BillRoy, Venger and Kilhwch like this.
  9. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I was also a bit bothered by this... She was rather bow-legged, and her arms/shoulders were held unnaturally far back. Altogether she looked... Uncomfortable. (What her posture actually reminded me of was trying to avoid the poking of an ill-fitting boned corset... >.>)

On the whole, I think the video was great. But it's hard to see growth without constructive criticism... I hope you guys can take all these comments as such. :)

10. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

It looks good when you think that it has been in development six months now.

Walking and running animations would be better and when you are crafting, hammer should be in your hand not on the table. But it's WIP so i believe they will fix these things.

11. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

What he said!

Coming from the best game with the ultimate PvP (UO) over to this crap is going to suck. I backed this game because it was supposed to be MORE like UO and less like the crappy systems of PvP in the games of today.

To say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed is a huge understatement.

E n v y likes this.
  12. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Ok. I'll just point out that the game was supposed to be like Richard's earlier work, which was mostly not UO.

Mishri, skinned, lizardchunk and 10 others like this.
  13. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I don't think anyone (during KS) said it would be UO and the card system has been mentioned from day one. Sorry for your disappointment!

14. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Indeed, there was no proclamation of it being another UO and certainly nothing relating to PVP or combat in UO vs. other games. It was clear from the get-go that this was a spiritual successor to Richard's Ultima series.

15. Ribbon

Ribbon Avatar

What's wrong with that "slow motion" dragon's fireball? Hope they change that.

And would like to see more about Ranging in this video :(. (Maybe in the next).

licemeat, Strongsquirrel1 and Kilhwch like this.
  16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It seems like most people keep missing that point.

17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I thought the demo looked good. It probably should have been shown to us first, because the people on that website are griping about it. I don't think showing that to them helped the project, but who knows? Maybe a few people will see it and pledge. However first impressions are still a big deal.

As for the card system... please liberate the magic system

LoneStranger likes this.
  18. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

I still maintain that the idea behind the combat is intriguing; but resorting to a classical UI to present it will not work. Like many, I found myself distracted by having to look at the bottom of the video to see what went where. I tought that perhaps it was because it's new, but on reflection is the if one engage in combat, one want to have / use an ability either as it becomes available, or when the opportunity exist.

By having to concentrate on this bar to see what is where, the attention is diverted from the main events, contrary to the intended function. Perhaps by removing the bar, but having the activity appear in or around the character on the main screen would be better?

On the other hand, the rest of the stuff seems to be coming along just fine. - Keep up the good work.

NirAntae likes this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Despite being over $800 in, I get the feeling I won't be the only one who is likely to be withdrawing funding at Alpha stage.

Luxuria and TheGrinch like this.
  20. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Some more clarity on what im showing here. This stems from my immediate reaction to the shown card system, which feels WAY to similar to existing MMOs.

First, the UI is a 5 second mockup. In its current state, it will take up too much screen real estate. Im fairly certain that a more elegant design can be devised.
    The main idea behind this proposed system is the ability to see skills that will become available before they appear, which will add a lot of strategy to the combat, making it less reactive and twitchy. While it is true that this will encourage "skill burning", i believe that something can be worked out with skill costs to offset this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.