A Changed Perspective on Release (rmt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Last time I check posts are not in a vacuum. Its relevant to the chain of posts. Lets remind you of them
    Soluzar didn't actually mention anything about kickstarter before you said something. He was talking about actual stock holdings in the company which is why he was talking in stock lingual. I was reminding you that they sold stock which you apparently forgot when you made the asinine statement about kickstarter. If that is not the case then we can be assured that you have no comment relevant?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Solazur likes this.
  2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I already addressed the relevance. What part did you not understand?

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Andartianna @Solazur oh come on, don't help him to get this one locked. There is some really good input here that will be lost otherwise.

Solazur and Numa like this.
  4. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

True @Earl Atogrim von Draken I mean all the post are time stamped so it's really obvious that he is trolling at this point.

5. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Well for me I don't agree with Solazur that there is no difference. To me its a fundamental difference at the core of how any MMO game functions. As I have said its down to all of us as individuals as to where we draw the line with such things. However I am deeply disappointed with Portalariums effective hand washing of the whole situation

@Berek
    @DarkStarr

bloodydragon likes this.
  6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

It's not a hand wash. This has been the same thing since the start of the game. It has been here the entire time. So the entire hopla about it is manufactured. Where were you all 2 weeks ago, 2 months ago, at the beginning? They had to put another post just to confirm something that has been accepted the entire time due to a player incorrectly accusing another player of doing something wrong. Which they were not.

Mac2, Solazur, kaeshiva and 1 other person like this.
  7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

LOL indeed! Let me help you out. Pink sheets is how penny stocks are traded.
    Now I know that because I've been a stockbroker.. you on the other hand could have spend like 10 seconds on Google

Mac2 and kaeshiva like this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ahh indeed you're right. Funny though.. when you look at someone's posting history. Some people actually go on about the evils of RMT yet list items for sale for COTO's which realistically have to be paid for with cash at some point.
    I shall refrain :)

9. Nib

Nib Avatar

Selling in game items for in game currency, yes what a horrible concept. How stupid of me when I could have made a whole $50. I guess I'm just not good at managing my "holdings". Please teach me master penny stock trader.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

With all due respect, that's like not riding your bicycle because your neighbor has a Harley or not going to work because somebody else is earning more money than you are. If I log on and spend my 2 hours sorting stuff in my house or killing bears because skinning gives me my needed crafting XP it doesn't phase me in the slightest that @Sara Dreygon or @Mac2 or @Andartianna are grinding out 700k - 1M+ in XP. They're enjoying what they're doing and I'm enjoying what I'm doing.
    Other times I go hang out with them and sock away some more XP into my pool and that's fun. Then other times I see someone on discord who is struggling with something and I go try and lend a hand..
    Why worry about what somebody else has or is doing? Play your own game..enjoy your own fun.

11. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Not to mention that anyone can do the exact same thing as us and level themselves up. It's not like it's impossible to level your character. Sara and I have been leveling together for about a year now. I didn't start at launch. We work in a party at 60% exp and got up to number 2 and 3 levels in the game. Neither of us was power leveled. It just took work. As @kaeshiva already pointed out earlier in the thread. Power Leveling will never get you higher then someone leveling themselves because of the experience split. So there is nothing stopping you from being higher level then someone getting a service.

12. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I was unaware of them allowing power leveling until the previous thread where they disallowed it.

I didn't have any issue when people were selling items and rewards for real dollars as they were just deco. Then they introduced Cotos which I did not like as people could in turn sell them for gold and buy any gear they wanted. However, that wasnt the biggest deal.

People selling gold on the forums I also didn't like because then it creates just a bunch of gold farmers. I mean if you look at the player marketplace nobody is selling stuff for in game gold. Lastly, they have now endorsed or reendorsed powerleveling. This makes everything in game obtainable for real money.

Was it bound to happen anyway? Yes, but I think people underestimate the risk of someone like Mac would be taking to chance losing his account for just $15. That being said, he or anyone else is doing nothing wrong as Port has allowed it, I am just not a fan of the concept.

13. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

There was never any risk it was never illegal. Mac has his posts up for years it had thousands of views. The other two threads were literally a player angry at Mac for having his service because they were jealous they could not defeat him and take a zone. They reported him then smeared him all over the site. There was never a policy against RMT services the policy was against exploiting which Mac was not doing. Which we told the player over and over.

14. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I know. I'm saying if port did make it illegal it would be too much of a risk for a player like Mac to do it. I just think the it's too hard to enforce is a bad excuse to not do something.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The real question is if there is a reason to enforce it.
    Some ppl like me say no.
    Some ppl like you say yes.
    There just is no middle ground i am affraid.

Solazur and Mac2 like this.
  16. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Yeah I'm just stating my opinion. I'll live with their decision.

17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Well things were not clear 2 months and 2 weeks ago by Ports own admission.

At "the beginning" I was playing other games that had much better policies towards such practices. Perhaps "before long" I will be playing those again or one of the newer offerings other than SOTA. We shall see.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  18. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

With all due respect, I don't agree.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

RAW is missing its conspiracy theories.

Mac2 likes this.
  20. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

yah the mobs that the devs do spawn don't drop anything if you manage to kill them so there goes that theory ......though seeing them kill all the npcs in my town was hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.