A love story - and thank you!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Greetings!

We met as souls in Brittania almost two decades ago. This is our story.

Being a just-born girl and knowing nothing of the Catskills or Britannia, it seemed the best place to start learning how to survive and live was to read the vast number of books a Library in the large city I found myself in had on offer. And so, I began reading.

I read for days. Stories of great beasts and songs that were sung after their defeat both terrified and fascinated me. I knew, somehow, I would find a beginning to my new life somewhere within all these texts...or so I thought.

It didn't take long for someone to say hello to me. He was in decorative armor and asked me how I was fairing. Explaining my situation, he asked me if I wanted to meet his friends. Being very restless after spending so long in a dusty, dim Library I agreed!

We arrived at a massive castle. Outside the walls there were men and women dueling and training. A few were standing back, drinking and laughing, watching the exercises. We made our way through the doors of the castle and inside I met a man my companion called his Guild Master.

His name was Drizzet*, he said with a smile. "Welcome!"

It wasn't hard for him to notice I had barely a thing to my name. And so, he and some officers outfitted me, fed me and began teaching me how to defend myself. They told me I was welcome to join their guild. And so, I became a recruit in Wizards of the Coast W^C a guild that was powerful and well-known throughout the world.

Over the next weeks, I hunted with my new friends. They were funny and good at their skills. Drizzet spent a lot of time teaching me. He complimented me, saying I was a very quick study and that he enjoyed watching me become stronger each day.

We found ourselves hunting alone more often. We talked about everything and anything. We marveled at how well we got along and how our care for each other was becoming more and more apparent. We became inseparable. He took me to secret places, one was full of stars, to be alone with me. It was all like a dream.

We were soon married and a guild Officer gave us a tower in Moonglow as our wedding gift.

We have since traveled through many lands in many different universes, side by side and with our friends, but we have always longed for home. We wonder now if we have finally found our new and forever home here in New Britannia.

[​IMG]

========================================================================
    ========================================================================

Hello Avatars!

Above is how I met my RL husband in Ultima Online back in 2001. We met in-game and have been together ever since!

The point of this post is two-fold. I wanted to say hello to everyone and thank those that have helped us so far. "Hello and thank you!"

The other reason was to thank @Lord British for changing my life. If it was not for UO and naming one of the shards The Catskills I would have never met the one I care for more than anyone or anything in this world.

So, thank you Lord British. You not only facilitated the most happiness I will ever experience in my life, but also a late-blooming but very powerful love of role-playing games and MMOs.

I wish you, Lord British, and all of my guild-members past and present, and this community good tidings and a massive thank you!

* Note: Drizzet is not the same Drizzt of YouTube fame. He's a cool guy, but not my beloved.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  2. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome Alleine Dragonfyre to the shroud of the avatar. I look forward to seeing you in the game and follow you in your questing life as a seasond travler in the ultima serise.

3. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

Welcome @Alleine Dragonfyre !!! I too met my RL husband playing ultima... And... His name was Drizzt back then. Not joking either! I hope you find your home in this game <3

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Thank you @skeggy !

Wow! Apparently the guys named Drizzt have it going on, eh!? :)

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Welcome, we are honored to have you.

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Welcome @Alleine Dragonfyre - you have found a great home. May your time here be long and happy!

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Thank you @Tahru and @Asclepius . The honor is mine! I just wish I had pledged when the time was right! Ah well...

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Alleine! Great story, thank you for sharing!

9. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Welcome to a new life in NB, Alleine.

-Hazard [Baja]

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh what a beautiful Love Story. Thank you for sharing. I know you are not alone in many of your feelings for what Ultimas and Ultima Online provided for people. It was a new era to interact with others in such profound ways. Learning how to play with others and laughing so much is really amazing. Using quotes to express feelings was very much a part of it. For me it was a time of change and finding myself.

I remember meeting a new person on UO, he was the nicest guy and he did not even know how to play in the conversation but after a while he was having a blast with us. *looks astounded* yes I was lol. Now we have so many wonderful emotes in this game but the quotations still have their place. For me coming back here was like a wake-up call reminding me again to play in the conversation and enjoy myself. So for all those who are seriously wandering and trying to get to the end, well that is fine, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses too. *cheers everyone* and a hearty Welcome Alleine.

Happy journeys and if I can help anytime, please let me know. I am Majoria in game. :)

11. Albus

Albus Avatar

Thanks for sharing and welcome to this new world :)

12. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

14. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing!

15. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

16. Alleine Dragonfyre

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I love a great love story! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tale :)

Amor Vincit Omnia!

18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings and salutations Alleine! Super excited to have you here in the community. Thanks for your questions on Discord and elsewhere as well.

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed welcome !

Thats a great reminder of how @Lord British and many in portalarium changed all our lives, and how camaraderie, PvP, and a harsh open-world environment has never been a deterrent to love and co-creation.

This is why I fight so hard so that we recreate such a world :)

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Welcome @Aleine Dragonfyre !!

Glad you found your way here, hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.