Account question before upgrading to full version!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Tertius, Sep 19, 2018.

Tags:
?

Did Tertius act the buffoon upon failing to record his access information for further use?

1. Quite.

20.0%
  2. Perhaps.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tertius

Tertius Avatar

Greetings beloved SotA community and staff!

I apologize in advance if it is uncouth of me to post such an inquiry in this thread, for I know not where else to pose it!

I just opened this account, and am interested in getting straight into the full game, but before buying the full version, I must confess! I was a backer for the kickstarter years ago (FOUNDER level, I believe) and thoroughly lost my account information, including email access. After a year total, I have failed to access either, so I am hoping if there was a way I could present evidence to prove that I am telling the truth of my old account.

Just today, after searching my old hard drive, I have actually located the chat logs as well as in-game footage from the Pre-Alpha (featuring Lord British himself!) that I recorded back in 2015 (the year I had to stop playing), and I do at least have the name of the email address that was used for the account. I am about to drag a gaggle of my friends into ShroudoftheAvatar kicking and screaming, and it would please me greatly to have my old stuff back, as well as my guild! (It was delightfully lonely being the only member)

Any and all help or advice is appreciated! If it is of no use, I understand, and will have to consider handing over the cost of the full game again as my companions mock me for my lapse in memory.

Many thanks and happy questing,
    The adventurer currently-known-as Tertius

majoria70, Kara Brae and Ataniiq like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Tertius, When you pledged back then you must have done it thru Kickstarter. Do you still have access to your Kickstarter account? Or at least know the email address you used? If you unlock your Kichstarter account it has all the info of your pledge.

Tertius and Verit like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

whatever info you do manage to dredge up, account-related support requests have to go through email, not the forums. send it off to support@portalarium.com

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You need to find out what your old info is. Since accounts need a unique e-mail address, if your current forum account has the same e-mail address, you may need to link your KS account. If they've been sending you weekly e-mails, that is the e-mail address that you need to be using for your forum account. Definitely this is a question for support@portalarium.com

After you get your original account linked/restored/whatever, check your account info from the upper right of a non-forum page to ensure that your stuff is linked properly. If your e-mail address is the same, go ahead and try it now.

Once you get logged in under your old account, you still have to go to a bank in-game and click on the "Claim Rewards" button to get whatever pledge stuff you have.

That sounds like a good thing.

Tertius likes this.
  5. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

If you are the original owner, and it was simply lost access to your account, I would think support could help you.
    Its not that hard to verify yourself as a hardworking, honest individual if you have all the right paperwork (which you should).

Good Luck! Contact Support and Welcome Back to SOTA!

Tertius likes this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Welcome back @Tertius ! What they said - Support is the way to go. Be aware that they recently moved office, and had an internet outage last weekend. Not only did the livestream fail to happen, but lots of emails got backed up. They are back on air, and wading through the pile as fast as they can. A little patience may be necessary, but they will definitely help you.

Tertius likes this.
  7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. As I mentioned above, for all of us early backers that can still access our kickstarter accounts, log in and go to the Shroud of the Avatar pledge and you can get proof of your pledge.
    [​IMG]

If you have forgotten your password it can be changed at the log in screen. Once you have this info email support support@portalarium.com
    [​IMG]

Lesni, Tertius and Gaelis like this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you know the email address, which you should given that you would have received the monthly newsletters, you could try the Forgot user name or password link on the game’s login page. There it looks like you can type in the email address. Not sure what info you would get back. Hopefully the username and then the new password. If that doesn’t work, support would be your next option.

Tertius likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and Welcome to the game. Yes it would be a shame to have to buy the game again. If you do remember your old email information just send that to support@portalarium.com with your member name that you used. If you were a founder pledge tier level this and depending on the date since some things expired later this would be your pledge items but I'm showing just as an example. Once you get situated I am always happy to help or answer any questions. I am Majoria in the game.

Founder (Founder)
    < Immortal Adventurer (Founder) Royal Artisan (Founder) >

Pledge:

$60

Honorific Title:
    Founder

House: no houses

Basement: no basements

House Items: not a property pledge tier

In-Game Items:
    • Crystal Sword - Kill almost any enemy you encounter with a single blow using your Crystal Sword! (Lord British is impervious to the Crystal Sword!) [​IMG]
    • Starter Melee Weapons - Start the game with 2 starter melee weapons, uniquely identifiable as Founder weapons. [​IMG]
    • Founders Tunic - Special tunic for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying unique symbology identifying you as an early Founder of the game. [​IMG]
    • Benefactor Tunic - Special tunic for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying unique symbology identifying you as a Benefactor.
    • Your choice of one of these three non-combat pets: Greyhound, Raven, or Siamese Cat.
    • Darkstarr Cloak - A special cloak for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying the unique Darkstarr symbol, identifying you as a backer of the game. See Source for Details: [1]
    • Royal Elderberry seed - lanting the Royal Elderberry seed will yield a Royal Elderberry which is necessary for crafting the unique, Royal Purple Founder's Dye. There will be no other source, ever, for creating the Royal Purple Founder's Dye. [​IMG]
    • Special cloak for your in-game avatar to wear, proudly displaying unique symbology identifying you as an early Founder of the game.[​IMG]
    • Immortality Fruit seed - With the Farming Craft you can plant the Immortality Fruit seed, which will bear a single fruit. When eaten, this fruit will fully heal you, and leave you with a single seed which can be planted and harvested, over and over, for all eternity.
    • Geoff Mellon's beautifully crafted in-game version of the Benefactor Cloak.
    • Ankh of Virtue Necklace - The mystical Ankh has been the symbol of spiritual rebirth and eternal life in many cultures.
    • Founder Shield - One starter shield, uniquely identifiable as a Founder Shield.[​IMG]
    • Royal Founder Shield - One starter shield, uniquely identifiable as a Royal Founder Shield [​IMG]
    • Replenishing Snowball Box - In the spirit of the season, the Replenishing Snowball Box was added as a basic pledge reward on December 25, 2013.
    • Coconuts! They sound like horses when banged together!
    • SteamPunk Top Hat - Added as a thank you for reaching $5 million dollars raised!
    Digital Rewards:

• High quality scanned images of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria
    • Richard "Lord British" Garriott’s, original handwritten notes for the Akallabeth!
    • Digital download, serialized, Shroud of the Avatar novel by Tracy Hickman.[​IMG]
    • DRM-free, digital download of the game
    • Exclusive Early Bird Alpha and Beta Access
    Physical Rewards:

Bonuses:
    • Teachable Emote: Dust Off - Hard day's adventuring? That's nothing. Show off how easy it is with this teachable emote. [​IMG]
    • Developer Blog Access - Access to the private Developer's Blog
    • Last Name - Experience in battle leads to Notoriety, but unlike ordinary adventurers, Immortal Adventurers will have the right to select and display both a first and last name right from the get-go! [​IMG][2]
    • Vanduul Polearm See Source for Details: [3] [​IMG]
    • Teachable Emote: Flex - Show off those biceps and impress the crowd! [​IMG]
    • Early Skill Access - Be the envy of all the other players when they see you wielding new skills they don't have access to! You will have 2-weeks, Early Skill Access to some new skills as they are added to the game.[4]
    • Teachable Emote - Flourish Weapon - Get ready to show off (and teach) your unique Adventurer emote! [​IMG]
    • Darkstarr Salute - A special emote that only backers can master and teach to others. See Source for Details: [1]

Tertius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.