Account Setup

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Calkrow, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

Is there a more secure way to contact support?

I'm not sure my account(s) have been setup correctly and therefore I'm reluctant to purchase anything as I'm not sure which website I should use.

I'd rather not put account details into an email to support@portalarium.com.

Thanks

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Calkrow and welcome to Shroud of the Avatar. Perhaps @Berek can advise you since you are worried. Im Majoria in game if I can help. I hope you get this sorted out since the next Dev live stream is coming up and there will be $5 stretchgoals we call get during this.

3. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

Without giving any of my account details away...

I bought the game on Steam but then realised I had to link my Steam account to my SotA website account. As I'm in the UK I looked to do this on the Travian website but I couldn't see a way to do it. So I just started the game via Steam to let it sort this out. I was prompted to do this and everything appears to work as in I can log into the game and forums. However when I check my account status the details appear different on the Portalarium and Travian websites.

So I'm not sure which website's store I should use.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Calkrow, we'll take care of you here! If you are in the UK, please use the Travian website. If there are problems there though, I would still recommend you send it to Travian's support site, or support@portalarium.com, though you can PM me here and I can help.

Please DO NOT SEND US YOUR PASSWORD. We only need your account name or email address in order to look up your account and resolve your concern.

Thanks Calkrow!

5. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

Although I'm in the UK when I look at the Travian website it doesn't show that I've bought the game; on the Portalarium website it does show I've bought the game.

6. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

7. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

As I said, I bought the game on Steam, started the game on Steam and at the first logon to the game it asked me to create a SotA account which I did; and everything works.

On the Portalarium website under Account on the Bundles tab it shows I've purchased the game, if I go to the Game Client / Steam tab then I see options to download the client and it says my account is linked to my Steam account . On the Travain website under Account and then Transaction History it states "You haven't purchased anything yet" and on the Download Client screen it states "Please, make sure you have made a purchase that allows you to participate in the current test phase.".

All this makes me believe that I on the Portalarium website/billing system even through I should be on the Tranian website/billing system as I'm in the UK. So I don't know that buying an addon on the Travian store will be able to link to my account in the Portalarium website.

@Berek , will Tranian be able to help as I don't appear to be a customer of theirs?

8. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I live in the UK also but have been in the game before Travian was partnered with portalrium for the game shroud of the avatar so when I purchased the game I bought it through steam and linked the account with the shroud of the avatars website and I play through steam.

steam accounts have to be played through steam, not the game client.

on your account, you should see the bundles you have bought and you can upgrade through the shroud website.

I have used the shroud email support a few times and they are quick at responding when you consider they are a small team.

I will watch this thread with interest as I cannot find any support links on the Travian site.

hope to see you ingame
    @Berek

9. Calkrow

Calkrow Avatar

So just to confirm, you buy bundles through https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com rather than https://shroudoftheavatar.game ?

So as was suggested I did log the call on the Travian Games website (https://shroudoftheavatar.game/en/support/) on 31 March and did get a response on 4 April to say it was being investigated.

Now today I just get messages that the ticket has been 'resolved' but when I log onto both websites I see that nothing has changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.