Adventurer now gets a different title

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaziQ, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaziQ

KaziQ Avatar

Hi,

I see that they have changed the adventurer backers' titles. When I was backing the project I want for $40 instead for several of the perks and the title. Now it's $45 and the in-game title is different. I do not know if that's the only thing that changed about the adventurer but I would rather have adventurer than anything else. I see now that $4o has become $55. I am assuming that I will get the perks of Immortal Adventurer since you guys moved it to that category I guess?

KaziQ The Carpenter (UO)

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The Founder rewards (those who pledged during Kickstarter) and Benefactor rewards (for those who pledged only after Kickstarter but before game release) are different, including the cost, number of rewards, and titles granted. :)

Vyrinor likes this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

They did do a revamp of the pledge tiers, but they didn't take anything away. If your pledge tier included the title "Adventurer", it still does. Likely, you've got two or three titles to choose from, and "Adventurer" is one of them.

4. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

I might be mistaken, but I believe that when the titles were changed for the new, post-Kickstarter packages, the new titles were also granted to the KS pledgers, in addition to the ones they already had from the KS. So a KS backer gets twice the number of titles to choose from compared to someone that purchased a package afterwards.

BillRoy likes this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I believe that you can use/display any title below your pledge level (that was the impression I was under when I signed up), so if you wanted a cool title like "Adventurer" and they moved or adjusted the tier thing, you can still have the one you origionally paid for.

My title thing got moved up to a more impressive sounding thing too, but I liked the one I had origionaly better.

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I understood it that way as well, but was corrected by DarkStarr. Founders only get Founder Titles. So a Founder Adventurer ($40) only gets a Golden "Pioneer" title. If the founder ungrades their pledge to Immortal Adventurer - $50 (before April 7th 2014) they can then additionally choose a golden "Immortal Adventurer" title. The "Adventurer" title is reserved for only benefactor backers at the $55 level and above.

They may change their mind on this before release, but as it stands now, Founders can only choose founder titles.

7. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

That is how it works most everywhere Ive been.

BillRoy likes this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=24856

9. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

The devs. need to relook at many of the titles. They either never put in the research needed or the person entering the info. made some errors:

• 4 different level have the title of "Baron" -- Lord, Baron 1, and Baron's 2 &3. How does Lord fit into this? Infact Lords are ranked higher since they are the only level that is permitted the title of "High Baron". Even Baron 3 doesn't get the option to call him/herself a High Baron
    • Viscount is the same as saying Vice Count and Viscount is the Baron 2 & 3 benefactor default title, yet the lower class Baron 1 is given the option to call themself a Count. Counts rank higher than Vice Count's as presidents rank higher than the VP so this needs to be switched.
    • The default title for Benefactor LotM is Archduke. Why would the benefactors be given a title above Grand Duke which was given as an option to Founder LotMs. It's the Founders that to the bigger risk, yet they are given the lower title.

10. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

This got all fowled up some how.

• High Baron needs to be removed from the Lord tier and put into the Baron 1 teir if the Benefactor Lord default title is going to stay "Baron".
    • Baron 2 & 3's "Baron" option need to be upgraded to High Baron too.
    • Count in Baron 1 needs to be changed to Viscount
    • Viscount in Baron 2 & 3 needs to be changed to Count.
    • I feel that the default Benefactor LotM title of Archduke needs to be switched to Grand Duke, because the Founder LotM took the bigger risk and therefore deserves the higher title fo the two.

11. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

While I don't disagree with you, there is the problem of people pledging and expecting what they were told they'd get at that tier.

12. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Going by my own thoughts on the matter, I'd be down graded from Count to Viscount. I have no problem with this, because I'm more interested in formal, realistic structure than I am a vanity title. I hope most others are too.

If Lord's get to claim the title of High Baron, Portalarium can at least give all the Baron tiers the option to claim the same title. The same would apply to the Baron 2 & 3. There is no reason not to make them at least equal to Baron 1 by allowing them to use the title of Count as opposed to Viscount.

I can't imagine how these changes could result in an arguement.

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Have you read the forums? I could imagine it. :)

Jatvardur, licemeat and Koldar like this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

LOL.

Jatvardur likes this.
  15. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

Would I be surprised if someone needed emergency care over this proposal? No, but even the most difficult people who are difficult just for the sake of being difficult would probably lay their arms down for this. No one loses out here.

16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

And I'm saying someone would freak out. The previous title changing didn't remove the old titles because they were promised as part of what people pledged for. They can give you more, but they don't want to take anything away.

In my opinion, there should be two titles only, Founder and Benefactor. The rest should be earned in the game. But that ship has sailed.

17. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I'll get the defibrillator ready.

LoneStranger likes this.
  18. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

In my proposal no one would have anything taken away. The only changes are upgrades. Baron to High Baron. Viscount to Count. Nothing is taken away.

19. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Higher tiers are assigned the rewards from lower tiers, meaning a Baron 1 should be able to use the Lord tier title(s). Just as Baron 2 includes all rewards from Baron 1, and so on. However, I do agree on having a more logical structure of titles on the various pledge tiers. :)

20. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

I pledged durring Kickstarter, and find that I cannot access founders forums. I wonder access to those forums is only open to those that pledged large sums. (I believe my pledge was also $40.00) Or are their other things taken into account?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.