Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Aerie Oracle mentions negative actions as positive and vice-versa?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Wayfarer, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Avatar

Reproduction Rate: always (2/2 trials; no actions noted for path of courage)

Blocker? no

Details:

Oracle mentions that breaking a woman's heart is a good example of Love. "Actions such as these show that you consider this virtue important. You helped destroy the hope of a young woman who had little else to cling to."
    [​IMG]

And that discerning the fate of a lost man is a poor example of Truth. "Actions such as these show that you hold this virtue in some disdain. You gave a grieving widow the last possessions of her beloved."
    [​IMG]

I think her face is most red and muppet-like, and in combination with her bizarro views of Virtue, that makes this Avatar wary of allowing her to become his...guardian.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Wait until it's been at least a day since you've last visited the Oracle. I suspect it'll help if you do something significant in a quest in that time.
    2. Visit the Aerie Oracle at Area: Aerie (Novia_R7_City_Aerie) Loc: (135.0, 35.9, 75.1). (I haven't yet had the opportunity to see if another might say the same thing tomorrow.)
    3. Ask about 'path of love', 'path of courage' and/or 'path of truth'.

User Specs:
    • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2) System RAM: 7874
    • GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 2048
    • SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.394.Date.09.19.16

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not a bug. The Oracle can be quite judgemental about some things.

Sir Frank and Wayfarer like this.
  3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

"Actions such as these show that you consider this virtue important. You helped destroy the hope of a young woman who had little else to cling to."

I'm sure there's more backstory to this but this was definitely the highlight of my forum surfing this afternoon :p

Wayfarer likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It seems that, so she doesn't completely come off as a psychopath, if the general response is "positive" but the recent example is "negative", such as in the Love example above, or vice versa, as in the Truth one, that the example should start off with "However,". Basically, she is showing recent counter-examples of your behavior which you would want to correct if you still value (or lack same) for that virtue.

Love: "Actions such as these show that you consider this virtue important. However, you helped destroy the hope of a young woman who had little else to cling to."
    Truth: "Actions such as these show that you hold this virtue in some disdain. However, you gave a grieving widow the last possessions of her beloved."

Wayfarer likes this.
  5. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Avatar

Thanks for reviewing, Lum! If this is an overall result followed by an example of recent actions that impacted it, some separation between the summary and list of recent actions would help reduce confusion.

If she's aiming to offer specific guidance, those could be phrased so that there's an indication of what effect each example had, something like what @Browncoat Jayson mentioned above. I'm sure we'll have plenty of decisions (like those above) where we end up not only choosing between virtues, but the consequences in the Oracle's eyes are subtle--and the more specific feedback we get about those, the better we can puzzle out her intentions so that we might approach our final decision with open eyes.

If she's just offering a general status report, more generic phrasing is fine--"Overall, you seem to consider this virtue important. These recent actions affected your progress: You helped destroy the hope of a young woman who had little else to cling to." for example.

Thanks again!

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.