Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

After drinking potions, can we get the empty flask back?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Title says it all I think...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

but then we'd need a dishwashing station...

3. Net

Net Avatar

Well, drinking in combat should have reasonable chance of breaking it, but I do not see why we should lose it when we buff ourselves outside of the combat.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like the thought of having empty bottles after you have drank a potion and also I like if the potion bottles can be used again to craft another potion. How about large potions that show less full after a drink from them. I want lots of varieties of potions as well. In memory of the great Alan Rickman who passed away this year. RIP. Very cool picture of Alchemy lab and potions as well. ;)
    edit
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

I have not had much reason to use potions...Where do the bottles for the original potion come from? Do they magically appear when the potion is made or are containers "found" before making?

Should there be (or is there) a recipe of bottle making, I don't see one, what skill tree would that fall under? Collecting sand from desert area's might "make the best bottles" and as skill increases less sand is needed to make the same amount of bottles. Certain ingredients could be added to differentiate (to "color") the bottle, maybe the ingredient chosen affects "shelf life", or potency.

Ampules of potion could be one use and toss and should have the associated icon, while multi-serving potions should have bottles and (as Majoria suggested) the bottle show different levels as the potion is consumed. Whether the potion is used in combat or not, there should be a "chance on use" of the bottle breaking (as Net suggested). However I believe that chance should be tempered with what is happening to the potion user at the time the potion is used. For example...a front line fighter using a potion would have a much higher chance of the bottle breaking on use than a rear party member not in direct combat (but still considered "in combat"). There could also be a innate skill ("safe stowage") that reduces the chance of bottle breakage, either before or after use.

Leelu and DancingShade like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

7. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I treat all my consumable items like Thor does. Noverian litterbug right here.

Leelu and Themo Lock like this.
  8. Selene

Selene Avatar

I agree! It never made sense to me that plates from cooking (back when it used plates) and bottles from alchemy were consumed! I hope when we get water harvesting that the BUCKET won't get consumed by using it. We need more recycling!!!
    [​IMG]
    Keep New Britannia Green

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

They might've tasted that good that you had to eat the plate as well.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

This was my idea with potion doses. See this thread.
    [​IMG]

There are probably some concerns the devs would have for implementing it though.

Snazz, Net, 4EverLost and 1 other person like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You could totally recreate that scene.

majoria70 likes this.
  12. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Bottles, buckets, etc could be tools that use a durability for each use maybe? Then we could have ornate bottles that hold special enhancing properties for the potions held within... Also, buckets of plenty, where they hold maybe 5 charges of water per bucket? (all player craftable of course)

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.