Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Already Frustrated w/ CONVO!

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

lol, I love that line. So true.

We need our voice to be heard as backers. If I don't fight the good fight and (along with the community) push for a better product, I feel that my dollars went to waste toward something that could have been, but ultimately never was.

I am in the same boat as you man. Then when I try to make it more engaging by striking up conversation, they come back at me with "I don't understand" and I realize that again, I am talking to a doorknob.

Time Lord, Caliya and Tarsilion like this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It seems a lot of you either missed or overlooked LUM's response in here since a few of the problems you have with it, they have with it and are working on fixing.

If the problems you do have is that you want it to be a vendor buy or simply a click quickly get quest and go, I think no matter how much you ask they won't be changed to that.

3. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

So how is this better than having keywords A, B and C and letting people try what they are?
    With given choices at least a dialogue making sense emerges and it is like reading a book except you choose the outcome.

With keywords most conversations are moronical nonsense. The only difference is in people's head.

DeftAvatar and Ned888 like this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, the idea is supposed to be that you know you're not just typing keywords, you're asking about it and it feels natural.

I guess the problem is most old Single Player Ultima fans are super used to typing keywords, they have no problem,

and new school gamers are used to clicking a choice, they have no problem, so... you know. . this is where we are.

It's a harder problem than I think RG envisioned.

I was hoping they'd have some special sauce technology that made it work, but it doesn't look like they do.

glambourine likes this.
  5. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

So they added features every other modern game of the genre has. Yes, in the 80s those were not there, but 80s simply does not cut it anymore!

If I think that there is only a little more than double that time until planned release date I have to say: How is that supposed to be realistic?

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can't swim in ESO... so you're wrong there...

Swimming in ESO is something you should "read up on the industry" for. I guess.

Well, i dont think we're going to hit those dates. Do you ? LOL.

By the way, I don't know any decent game I've played that got released on the projected release date. They're always late. it's amazing we've even got this much a year after a kickstater that raised 1.5 million.

7. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

The problem I have is that the current design is outdated technologically, non-immersive, and a pain to expand. No amount of tweaking will change that, only a fundamental change is design philosophy will.

DeftAvatar, Kaisa and Doppelganger like this.
  8. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

All right, so we should quietly slink away and not give feedback in a forum that is specifically for feedback.

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Right now you're not giving feedback. That was pages ago. Right now you're complaining.

Lum already answered this thread. They're going to fix it. We have to wait.

10. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Really? Then what's this? (and by the way, I was in every beta and swam)

I've already downloaded the new ESO client and will be playing on the scheduled release date this Sunday.

Maybe you should start reading up on the industry?

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Someone told me there wasn't swimming I guess they were wrong. Shrugs.

I didn't get a chance to swim when I played.

12. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

ESO has swimming. Trust me I beta tested for 9 (!) months =)

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Not every game has swimming tho. I picked a bad example. There are alot of games where you can't swim..

Also you guys are taking my words way out of context. I brought up swimming as something the devs have added to the game in a release,

because Caliya and others like her say stuff like the devs don't listen to us and it's just not true.

Should we turn the forums into nothing but doom and gloom ? Is that what you want ?

The same lame stuff happens over at Star Citizen too. One of the most anticipated games in history.... all their "supporters" on their forums

not doing anything constructive, just complaining about the game... not even offering viable alternatives.

14. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Strange. Seems to me Lum verified that no involved design can be expected and that a broad category of alternative ways of doing something better was essentially ruled out by Lord British.
    I am not doubting that he is doing his best and that it is very time-intensive, just like people did their very best on the 80s games.

Also complaining is a quite important type of feedback.

Kaisa likes this.
  15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

So voicing that we don't want to type keywords, but would rather have clickable responses, is not a viable alternative, because, after all, LB himself said nope. No change. So just drop it.
    Those are the only 2 options - key words or clicking. The 3rd option is voice recognition, and we surely know that's not going to happen.

16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, sniping a comment out of context makes it sound like you have a point. If you included what I said before that, not so much. Seems you were playing the victim card here when that is not what was said at all.

Is it a quick clickity click get quest and go you want? If so, I hope you are in the minority. And I stand by what I said, we are not getting vendor buy or quick quest links because that is not what they are making, or what was sold to us backers.

Time Lord, Sunsanvil and tradyblix like this.
  17. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Why include the unfounded accusation that we did not read what he wrote? I even replied to his post =)
    What I want is to think about the story and the options not doing tedious chores.

What was "sold" to backers was a conversation system, not a lookup table.

Kaisa likes this.
  18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I didn't qoute anything you said, I qouted the other poster for taking a comment out of context and now you took a reply out of context:) you guys seem to do this well.

If that wasn't what the poster was looking for then obviously it did not apply.

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  19. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

In you previous post you made a sweeping accusation which was wrong in the case of Caliya and in my case. We both had read what Lum wrote and simply disagree that this changes anything.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I said a lot. If you felt that included you that is really your issue I would say. I didn't say everyone, if i did then you would have a point. I also said many issues, not all. If you want to drag this on and on we can I guess, but it seems kind of pointless.

If you want a quest system that says QUEST: (info here) click yes no then, I can say I solidly don't want that.

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.