Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Am I the only one who thinks Ghosts are unbalanced?

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Serillian, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serillian

Serillian Avatar

So far, I've been able to tackle most monsters i've faced in the game as I've progressed and as long as they're not in large groups. But Ghosts seem a bit unbalanced. I was able to take one down, but it cost me more than half my health and about 2/3rds of my focus at combat level 37. When it finally went down i was a bit surprised that it only gave 300 exp and crap loot on par with a skeleton.

It only takes on average 4-6 dmg from my regular one handed attack while consistently dealing out 15-25 dmg and healing itself in the process. I'd either expect them to go down much easier for 300xp or at their current difficulty be worth north of 1500exp since they are easily the most difficult mob I've faced so far.

2. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

I'm fine with them being difficult, but the rewards have to match the challenge. I think they should be at least 3000 xp. Lich mage is 2100 xp, and ghosts are much harder.

Quenton, niteowl57 and Siriustar like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Unfortunately it is the nature of ghosts that weapons tend to go straight through them. Magic users have a much easier time of it. It's even better for a magic user to take them on alone rather than in a group because a group gives a ghost the opportunity to heal itself faster by sucking the life force out of several people at once.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  4. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

I definitely don't want to see them be nerfed, there should be tough monsters, albeit with some dps burst management ghosts aren't terribly difficult, even for melee.

But like Magnnus said, the exp should match the effort required.

5. Serillian

Serillian Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I dont mind a challenge - but the payoff should be commensurate. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the game dynamic where only one type of strategy works against a mob. Maybe it shouldn't be as easy for me as a straight up mage - but I was using a fair amount of magic against it (Fire/Earth/Ice punches and combos) and using a flaming sword - that should count for something.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

So more XP for adventurers that use physical weapons and less for magic users? Or is it an XP tax for bringing an axe to a blaster fight?

In a less snarky way: There needs to be difficulty even for a game in which level doesn't matter as much.

If I got a gold piece for every time my buddy poked that skeleton with a stick...

7. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Trouble with ghosts is, IMHO, they do too much damaged to armored targets. Damage resistance, damage avoidance, plate armor, shield, earth magic, nothing stops them. A typical 300 XP creature doesn't almost do any damage to my tank, it's barely noticed. But ghosts... they really drain the health off.

8. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Ghost are are relatively easy to kill, I'll agree that the experience could be raised a bit.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't find ghosts easy but I don''t use death magic. I still don't want them nerfed. We need some tough creatures in the game. Perhaps work on your build if you can't kill them or play with others, or run, which I do sometimes ;)

Chatele, Katrina Bekers and Bambino like this.
  10. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

As a note, Death Magic has actually been dumbed down. I just feel like it's something players are use to, thus they use it quite a bit. I actually currently have no death magic in my deck.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I play a warrior paladin type and I just have heal in the magic section well and light and focus. Well I know combat is changing more and more as we go. I'm looking forward to the changes/additions;)

Bambino likes this.
  12. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Just don't mess with the ghost with the most...

[​IMG]

They should be tough to kill, have you ever seen a ghost die IRL? heh...

13. causepain

causepain Avatar

My advice when fight against Ghosts don't run stick to them, 2nd DOT and DOT them it will be easier 3rd thing BANISH UNDEAD to kill them so they won't revive.

Few releases earlier ghosts were even more powerful :D and form this release they got more loot than 1-25 gold like earlier. Wait until You meet Earth/Sand Elementals (no loot 500 exp) ghost are easy comparing to them

Alexander likes this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

THis is in part to there being nothign in game yet in the way of magic damage mitigation. Once there is a way to mitigate magic damage it wont be as bad.

Ghosts die very quickly to magic attacks, try Banish Undead + soothign rain. Cleansing Rain is supposed to be a very powerful AoE DOT to undeads

Krohon likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I find Ghosts much easier to kill compared to several releases ago when they were first introduced. I have no problems with them, and I use melee, not magic to kill them.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, they're much easier now. As long as it's only one then I'm good. More than one and I have to run.

Krohon and Alexander like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Also, ghosts should give like 10x the experience they give now.

majoria70 likes this.
  18. Serillian

Serillian Avatar

I've run into them as well, and had a similar experience - believing they are over powered. Earthquake seems kinda ridiculous in terms of how often the ele's cast it and that despite being an "area of effect" you cannot leave the damaging effect.

Basically with all 3 of these creatures, I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth the time to even bother with them and just avoid them.

Krohon likes this.
  19. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Killing them once is fine.. I just don't get or like the insta-respawn at full heath. I hate having to kill stuff two and sometimes three times. I hope that this is for testing only.

20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Ghosts are melee killers, for mages they are not an issue. We will likely see something in future that mages can't deal with easily also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.