Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Are NPC's selling lot deeds yet?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Sire Lancelot, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Are NPC's selling lot deeds yet?

2. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

They never will. The only way to obtain a lot deed is through the lottery/raffle or from reward of pledge/bundles. There are certain merchants whom are selling the tickets for the lottery/raffle.

Katrina Bekers and NRaas like this.
  3. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

I was under the assumption that housing and land lots would be available in-game? Is there a dev blog around with info?

Hermetic and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

5. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

So the SOTA real estate economy has come down to luck now? Odd

Thanks for the link moneysmack!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is really nothing new. As far back as I can remember (I started playing in R12), ideas have been tossed around about how to prevent all lot deeds from being bought up by only a few people, and a lottery was mentioned as a possible solution very early on. Alas, it is not a perfect solution, but other suggestions were imperfect as well. :(

7. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Whats wrong with old fashion hard work - grind your butt off in game and buy a lot with your in game gold as modeled through many many releases? This lottery idea is a farce and does nothing for the economy and or NEW players.

So the message to new players is you will never be able to own a house unless:

A. you were an early backer and or purchased lot addons way back then
    B. you get lucky on a lottery
    C. you buy a lot for markup on the forum

I sold up ALL my accounts with the assumption I could earn in game assets honesty and fairly.

Thanks for info Kara Brae...

Hermetic and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Remember that any players without land get a couple of raffle tickets free (starting next month) and I'm thinking that this will tip the scale into new players favor even with richer players buying tickets.

If there were no raffle then I'd be buying 1000000 gold in deeds on day 1 (this is serious a I would be) but as is all I have is a chance at some instead. Richer players buying up much of the land only benefits the richer players and definitely not poorer or newer players so I don't see them being too upset. I'm not sure what newer players and people who have families would think about 10 players owning much of the land and then selling it all off at high prices.......

cartodude and Kara Brae like this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Except that's whats going to happen with the lotto.
    The deeds will get sold/traded at high prices. Unless you happen to be one of the lucky winners, you're even worse off than if there were static NPC deeds available.
    At the very least you should be able to buy PoT deeds for a static rate. We've got a load of new folks who want to save up money for a house, there's space available in the town, which is restricted, but they have no way to get a deed unless they use cash shop. The pay to win phrase keeps popping up.

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Lot deeds are only an issue because the devs are using artificial scarcity to drive up their price. In theory, I'm an interloper from an alternate dimension brought to New Britanna as one of many needed to fulfill a prophecy. If the devs had started there and not worried so much about creating Medieval Real Estate Simulater 2016, we'd probably be much closer to a release.

11. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

I thought that they had said that all of the items except for the special telethon items would be available in game once the game went live. That it would be that you would have to work to gain these but would be available. So it seems that only if you had a lot of money to spend would you be able to get a land deed? Wow, so any new players that buy the game will never have the opportunity to own a land deed? That seems like this would detour some people from buying the game when it is finished.

12. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Until the guild with members who have a bunch of cash and free time buy up all the deeds, then all your hard work means nothing because there are no lots deeds left. And the lottery (which is more accurately a raffle) creates a powerful gold sink, keeping prices down.

13. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

If you run out of land when demand is there then make more land - it's called expansion pack. Right now half of Novia is empty and I cant get a lot?

14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Yes, in the form of a raffle. Not what you'd expect (purchasing infinite deeds from infinitely replenishing NPC vendors), but still ingame venues.

The first batch is 650 deeds, mind you. A huge amount of land will be populated in R34.
    Yes, they will, thru the raffle, or buying with gold deeds put on sale by other players.

New players without land deeds will receive free tickets in the R34 raffle, so that everyone will have an opportunity (but never the guarantee) to own a land deed.

Bom and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Still think the raffle is pointless.

Lets say NPC vendor sold lot deeds for fixed price.
    You could buy as many as you wanted but if there's not a spot to put it, then they're not doing you any good.
    Not having them available is just punishing players who have reserved spots in player owned towns who have no chance at getting a deed by any means other than dumb luck.
    Really, really bad system.

Lets say you bought a whole bunch of deeds and placed them on available lots to hog all the land. Ok, now you have to pay all those daily taxes. At some point, that wont be sustainable, and if it is, if you're actually making that much money to just flush away on empty properties then...great?
    I can't think of a finer cash sink, take the money from the top.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and Spinok like this.
  16. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I think that it would be a good idea, as so many POTS are empty including mine and we all would love to welcome players to our homes

17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-property_deeds

I see still all four lot deed types available for POT usage.

I don't understand, you mean any means, or you mean any means not involving giving money to Portalarium? I'm a bit confused about that quoted sentence.

Bom, Adam Crow and NRaas like this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

There will be people that are going to buy deeds and bundles from the add-on store and then sell them for in-game gold. Just because you can't buy them from an npc vendor doesn't make it impossible.

If they were available like they were before the final wipe, I doubt there would be any left right now.

Bom and Sara Dreygon like this.
  19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Actually they would have been bought up for the sole reason of reselling them at a huge markup. They would never have been placed (except in the "best" locations) and the rich would have gotten much richer. A lottery works much better to negate that sort of thing.

20. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Given how they have designed the lottery, 90% of the lots will go to 10% of the players.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.