Area tier

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Hawok Tadgard, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawok Tadgard

Hawok Tadgard Avatar

How do you know if you're able to quest in a certain tier? And if you keep dying in a for example tier 3 area how can you become strong enough for it?

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Your journal should say if you are strong enough for a certain quest, but the only way to tell if you can survive in a scene is to try it. Figure 10 adventurer levels per "skull" (tier) as a minimum.

Elwyn and Kara Brae like this.
  3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Working on getting STR DEX INT up is also very effective for longevity.

Kara Brae, Jaesun and Net like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they're also color coded the same way mobs are: when you look at the text under the enter button, check what color the tier statement is.

Simon LeBon and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Exactly. Also level up the health and focus skill as well.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And don't forget to buff up before going out fighting. Jump in up to 2 devotionals for 9 hour buffs, eat up to 2 foods, and get your resistances up. Fireproof innate from the fire tree will help a lot, along with douse, ice shield, glancing blow, dodge etc. We don't have caps to limit skills we get.

Many important ways to help survivability. I never go out without food and devotionals.

On the world map point at Town names as you pass and to see what is in them and jump in to grab devotionals. In Wizards Rest behind owlshead for example there are 2 devotionals right at the entrance.

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Another key survival factor is strategy:

* Attack ranged enemies first. The melee enemiea will chase after you, and you can hit them both at the same time if you're melee.

* Don't get flanked! Enemies are clever about positioning and will actively try to get behind you where you can' effecticely block or parry their attacks.

* Use trees and rocks for cover from archers and mages. This also forces them closer.

* Make friends. Chat to people you see around scenes to aee if they'd like to team up for a while. If you're near where I live in the Blood River/Elysium/Etceter region, you can team up with me (Jason Moryn).

And finally, if your progress has been blocked, try exploring other regions of the map. Some inconspicuous scenes have puzzles, quests, and beaitiful scenery. By the time you'll have finished tearing arouns Novia and the Hidden Vale, you'll be a different sort of warrior.

Good luck, and welcome to New Britannia.

Jaesun and Kara Brae like this.
  8. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Hawok Tadgard

taking time in a tier zone that you do not die in and train on your skills and dont be in a hurry the game will be around for a long time.
    looking for groups will help you progress faster. looking for group is part of the friends list hitting the "F" key should bring up that menu.

and welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.