BAD Boys/Girls Club PVP, PK, PKK

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I know you like different sides fighting each other.
    You can have that in PVE or PK mode where you have to kill your enemies by joining one side or the other.
    And I think that is a must for the game.
    It would be nice to have a good storyline behind that and changes in th world depending on which side is winning.

2. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Everyone red to each other is an arena.

blaquerogue likes this.
  3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Well if every red is on the same island that is basically like being in an arena.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

When I am a pk i dont kill every blue i come by. I would still grind on some mobs and often would leave people alone if they left me alone.. More often than not i was approached with questions of why, how and dont you hate blues? Lol and that is the reason that system was so good in my opinion.. Other variables besides we are guild or faction enemies so we must fight..

blaquerogue and Kuno Brauer like this.
  5. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Oops forgot to quote Primrib.

6. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Question: Blaquerogue isn't Dev+, so why was his thread moved to an area where he is unable to read it? Did he do something wrong?

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

My bad. Clicked on the wrong PvP forum when I moved the post.

Rectification incoming!

blaquerogue, rild and Mordecai like this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You can Hire me! ill go!

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

in UO when i played you could go to a shrine and say "i must consider my sins, so many times to go gray, then not kill people for awhile, and go blue again, this was before trammel appeared!

10. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I do like the idea that we can place bounties on players.
    But if you can place a bounty on anyone else then this could lead to grief.
    Maybe you just don't like someone and you just place a bounty on him all the time.
    How do you stop this?

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

thank you! im trying to keep it as constructive as possible!

rild likes this.
  12. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Carry on!

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

only if that guy is a killer (red) and he killed you personally, then you would be the only one that could put a bounty on him, like in UO it asked after you were OOoOoO! "do you want to flag him as murderer, and post a bounty"

Crusader of Sacrifice likes this.
  14. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

And to expand on that. It could be implemented that if a player attacked you first and then killed your avatar then you have X amount of allotted time upon entering a city/town/village to place a bounty on a person (or it could be time based upon resurrection). How this would work is that if player X attacked you, you go back to town and click on the bounty board. On it would have any player that attacked and killed your player and the amount of time you had to place a bounty remaining. You then place the bounty and the bounty amount.

Note, this doesn't work if you attack a player first. This is to prevent a person from attacking someone, losing, and then placing a bounty of them because they were outmatched. The system would only work on the basis of someone attacking and killing your avatar first.

Edit: This isn't about flagging, it is more about setting up the bounty. You could have something pop up upon your defeat if a player attacked you first and killed your avatar that asked if you wanted to flag them as having done so.

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

That a good idea!!

16. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Yes that would work but that means you can only put bounties on things that are programed into the game to be criminal.
    The bingo book for collecting bounties or wanted posters works good with this system.
    And in that system I think anyone caught would have to go to something like that prison island or pay bail.

But
    I was trying to think of a way to put a bounty on someone who might let their pet crap in your yard everyday. lol

Here is what I've came up so far.
    Player run towns can rule so many hexes around their area.
    There should be a few rulers for each town. (each ruler should have a few backups in case they don't log in for some time)
    People in the town can petition the rulers (for a cost) for things including complaints about other players.
    Any other players in town can sign the petition (for a cost) to show they back up this issue.
    The rulers can deal with or ignore the petitions as they see fit. But ignoring too many petitions might not help around election time.
    If the rulers want to deal with a petition like this then they will offer to hear the rebuttal from the one the complaint is about.
    They then decide his punishment if there is one.
    If the player does not pay up then the rulers can place a bounty on him. (Should the bounty go out to the full world or just their area?)
    Once caught I'm guessing the player run towns could have a selection of ways to punish someone.
    Then every so often the town would have a survey.
    If the town folk give a good enough report then the town would either grow by more house plots or controlling more hexes around them.
    If the report was bad you would lose hexes around your area.

So I did two things in here to try and stop grief.
    1. If you going to complain it will cost you and it would be better to have other players back up your complaint.
    2. The town rulers should try to be fair or else the town may suffer from a bad report.

Still it's not full proof buy maybe a start.

Crusader of Sacrifice likes this.
  17. 2ez

2ez Avatar

I love the bounty idea. It was actually a solid money maker back in old UO days when some of the bounties got pretty high...

One thing I must say I hated but solved a lot of grieving issues in UO is having stat loss. I am on the fence about it and if there is a pvp slider like they say then it would be pointless but if it is an open pvp world it does solve a lot of problems.

I loved the thrill of seeing a red when I was in a dungeon hunting you always had that moment before they came on screen to breath and plan for the fight. So many times they ended up being fun win or lose.

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Hello there,

Nice to meet u here all PvPlayers :D

I ll be probably a Pk's or at last a super serial kill :D

19. Robby

Robby Avatar

What are the ducks for?

20. Robby

Robby Avatar

Main questions I have with PvP: Do we want resource gatherers to potentially become victims of pk's? I think thats an important question. Many of us full loot PvPer's beleive(or at least I think they do) that in order to be a murderer, or a knight in shining armour, you must have a victim. If people can opt in and out of everything this "victim" position is no longer there, and we are left with a dueling arena, not an open immersive full loot PvP world. How are we going to get "victims"? Do we create extra resources or increase the speed at wich resources are collected when flagged for PvP or something like that? Put in rare items? PvE players are against that idea as well, does this mean this idea is not going to work?

OSullivan and rild like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.