BAD Boys/Girls Club PVP, PK, PKK

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

For purchase.

rild likes this.
  2. Robby

Robby Avatar

Gonna purchase them so you can eat them?

3. fan.of.devin

fan.of.devin Avatar

I have no interest in PKing people personally, but I hope with every fiber of my being this game facilitates PKing as much as possible.
    See you on the battlefield PKers!

blaquerogue and jondavis like this.
  4. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

What I want from PvP is PvP options that are fully consensual and where there is little to no penalty for defeat. RG's idea of a contraband mission, for example, sound really fun for me as long as it doesn't include player looting or some other harsh penalty for being defeated.

Not all PvP need, or should, be like that, of course. I don't mind more hardcore PvPers getting what they want, as long as it doesn't involve forcing (or strongly suggesting) PvP on unwilling players. But I would really love to see the kind of PvP I enjoy being also available in the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Would you like to buy a duck?

6. Robby

Robby Avatar

Yes!

7. Robby

Robby Avatar

Hmmmm choices choices.... Whatever gets me the best quality meat.

Anyways. I might get in trubba if I keep going off topic like this!

So... im assuming your all pro full loot PvP.. How far does this go for you all? Should house looting and stealing items like pickaxe of prosperity occur? Should there be some items that are non stealable/lootable?? Like spellbooks, house deeds, ship deeds? Cuz thats were I draw the line. Picking things out of my house/bank or items worth more than 20k(in UO gold peices) I think ought to be non lootable.

I once got pked carrying 12k gold coins!! OMG did I want to get back at those thugs. Its a good thing you can only carry so much gold at once, I was slaying monsters for a good hour and 20 minutes I think and they raided.

8. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

What I'd like is for houses to be non-lootable, but not 100% secure either, so that heists of sorts can occur without compromising too much safety. Cities (imo) should be guarded, but stealing should still be possible. Donator items should be blessed, and all other items should be fair game. For the record though, this is just my personal preference. I wouldn't force it on anyone else.

9. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I think if gatherers go into any kind of PVP/PK mode then yes they should be able to be killed.

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. Robby

Robby Avatar

I wont toggle myself to full loot PvP as a gatherer. Theres no benefit for me to do so other than the extra danger, but if extra danger is the only reason to toggle on full loot PvP or to go over to felucca to gather I wouldnt really find it fun. More danger is only fun when theres extra reward in the end somehow.

Isnt that how you feel? Or will you gather in a full loot PvP environment and make fewer resources just to get pked once in awhile while mining? I at least want equal and opposite gains that cannot be acquired in PvE. Say a PvE quest gives you an extremely powerful sword. The PvP quest would give you the same exact sword but a different color or shape maybe but it would be the same weapon with same properties and damage. Same for ore and wood, maybe in PvE mode you mine iron, dull copper, shadow, and so on... These ores progressively become higher quality, in that armour and weapons made out of them are more powerful as you go up, but in PvP mode you start with iron, then go to nickel and so on... Nickel will craft armour and weapons that are EXACTLY the same strength as dull copper and so on... Hows this work?

blaquerogue and Subotai like this.
  11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There will always be people flagged for PvP. Everybody is a potential victim in PvP for a PK. Maybe people won't have their miners flagged for PvP. Big deal. People who gather resources aren't the only people who can be victims. What about lone travelers, and .... well everybody flagged for PvP is a potential victim period. A PK doesn't have to kill resource gatherers to be true PKs.

blaquerogue likes this.
  12. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I think his point is that people who want to gather in a PvP environment want something to make it worth the while. Personally, I like the idea of aesthetic differences in gathered materials from PvP areas, that way gatherers who want to flirt with danger can have incentive to do so, and gatherers who don't want that danger won't feel like they're gathered resources are second-rate.

13. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Personally, in reference TO the virtue system, I am 100% against having all PvP activity judged on it. If I go out with some friends, we meet some other friendly people, we have ourselves a friendly game of 'stab-the-large-intestine', I don't want anyone to be told that what they did violated the virtues and their status has fallen as a result.

I can totally accept the idea that jumping someone as a PK and murdering them can be reacted to as evil and immoral, but if all PvP violence is judged this way, it will hinder the gameplay.

Isaiah likes this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I agree. I don't want to lose valor for fleeing a PvP combat either. I hope the virtues and Player vs player interactions are mutually exclusive. Let the Virtues be handled within the story line. The only PvP virtue loss in PvP should come from killing another player in an illegal manner thus becoming a PK.

15. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

It may well be that instead of one slider bar, there will be several, such as do you want to be targetable (PvP or PvE), do you want to be playing a role or just mashing out violence (virtues or no virtues), and do you secretly think that it would be acceptable for a murderer or thief to use you in his or her role play (you've got a pretty mule...).

16. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

For me I want to live in PK mode as much as possible, even as a gatherer.
    How will I send anyone to prison or make them criminal if they can't get to me?
    Mostly I want to know who players are, you get to know people better if they can play as they like.
    If that means getting killed and looted that is fine with me.
    Plus it makes you play smarter.

As for as content I'd rather have things like traps, to place in my stacks of ore then I would like to get any kind of extra item.
    Some players just don't want to play against others, that is fine, but that is what I'm here for.
    So there should be PVP like duels and factions where players can kill each other all they want with no penalties but there should also be a mode for players to play good or evil.

Mordecai and blaquerogue like this.
  17. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

Dude I lost it :D
    I'm thinking if there were some sort of Factions that came into play the virtues should apply to those 100%. My take on the whole idea of them would be serving some sort of idea for the greater good (of your faction)
    Whether your leader was Lord B, Minax, The Shadowlords or the Council of Mages. To themselves their personal way or ideas were the right way. Putting aside the old perks at the heart of them was a cause. A personal belief in a cause. On top of that a desire and drive to further it.
    Every political and religious war on the planet were between people who were right in their own hearts and minds.
    I think that could be an amazing system to work with to please a lot of players if it was extremely detailed and intricate.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I really liked the faction combat in Star Wars Galaxies, where you could always opt to be an open or covert member. Kinda solved the issue of consensual PVP and it fitted the setting.
    In SotA however it would be very Lore dependent. I'd rather not make this a faction game, if it wasn't intended in the first place.

Unfortunately we don't know enough yet :(

19. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

Yeah I know. I've just been extremely excited personally since I found out who's spearheading this and on top of it my favorite author of all time is doing the story part of it. If Morpheus showed up and said take the red gate or the blue gate. One goes to Sosaria and one to Krynn. I'd go to Krynn no questions asked. It was my homeland when I was just a little guy pestering my older cousin to let me play D&D with him and his pals. I still run it to this day and my Dragonlance brain lore would probably rival the biggest Star Wars nuts or Trekkies in their respective fandoms. I still DM it to this day.
    From what I understand the devs are going all out on this virtue thing. People mentioned PVP and virtues with being red and whatnot so it just fired that idea into my head. This whole thing gives me a big case of the what ifs and it seems like a good place to voice these what ifs with some like minded people.
    In UO if you became red you lost a lot of the virtue perks. I'm 99% positive that you could no longer invoke honor perks via the virtue gump. Justice was obviously out of the question. I don't remember if Compassion or Sacrifice fell under that as well.
    My thought was between fellow faction members (friend and enemy) whatever you do outside of the faction shouldn't apply to you answering the call of "the cause"

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think there are a lot more pvprs, pkks, pk's than most think! It is quite possible that we as open pvprs will have more victims, knights in shining armor and evil doers than at first we thought we would! Just have to see how it turns out! Keep your fingers crossed!

Praefectus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.