Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banks, Criers, and Zone Quick Travel.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Teralitha Tokomi, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

There are bank npcs everywhere, in every zone! This is too much and too unrealistic. I suggest limiting bank locations to major cites only.

The same with criers bind points. Just how casual is this game gonna be? having banks and bind points EVERYWHERE just screams casual to the extreme. Make people work a little bit geez... teach them some self reliance and responsibility.

Quick travel across a zone... really? There are NPCs that you can use to quick travel across a dangerous zone. Again, a little too much pandering to the casual players. Devs reconsider such things please, unless you really want your game to be that boring.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

You kind of need banks in every housing zone because that is where your items go when you drop a lot. Same with town criers... which give you a list of lots and their owners.

Chatele likes this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

wow... this is the first time I've seen someone post about the game being casual... ^_^ banks in every town is okay since they are local banks... if you have items in Soltown and you are in Owl's Head then you'll need to go back to Soltown to get them... you can only bind to one Town Crier at a time (some people are asking for more binds but not going to happen, I think)... they are also used to list the available lots in towns...

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Kabalyero, Nah, there are a lot of ways in which the game goes pretty easy on players, even just comparing to game mechanics in the Ultima series. I say that all the time.

Anyway, I sympathize with the thought behind the OP -- though I suspect there will be a lot of grief towards it -- but @Teralitha Tokomi, you have to know it would create a lot of problems given the way the game works. If your lot is evicted, or if the home on your lot is changed, all of your items get dumped into the bank. Making your items go to the nearest bank might make sense, except if you're just changing homes, or just moving to a lot down the street, it creates an unnecessary problem (that's unrealistic in its own right). Also, not every town has crafting pavilions, and some players have a lot of game lag in major cities, so if you're landless and don't have a home, it could cause you major grief.

The bank decoration system is pretty much a huge abstraction and is just basically temporary player storage, and I don't think it should be taken that seriously. The fact that its local is something I love for a lot of reasons, but it doesn't need to be stricter than that. When we have things like multiple denominations of currency and multiple currencies, we'll need money changers, though, and I think it would be cool if they were only in banks in big cities. It would be like in Witcher 3, where you have to go to Novgorod to change your money.

As for the town crier thing, it exists because people can bind to their home. If you don't let people bind to the town crier, then it gives people with homes an advantage in addition to all the other advantages they have.

majoria70 and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Well if you let your house fall into eviction, then you didnt deserve to have it in the first place. In the case of housing territories, Instead of a bank, make it a one way storage only for those who have been evicted. With a timer. If they dont come and get their stuff in time, its gone for good. One way, meaning, you cant put stuff in it, only take it out.

I didnt suggest removing all town criers. Just the ability to bind to them, except for in major cities.

Of course, I dont expect casual players to like anything that makes a game less easy. But I assure you, they wont quit because of it. They will adapt, and........ learn to appreciate it in time.

I can tell you from experience that when a game caters too much to casuals, it dies. If its not challenging, then its boring and people dont play anymore. Why do you think so many other MMO's have failed? WOW and EQ never had player housing and they were huge successes. Not because they were easy, but because they were hard. The original EQ was VERY hard, compared to this. But people loved it.

When you remove the possibility of failure from a game, that game gets very dull...

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Actually, why not have guild halls instead of houses, and you can pay extra for a bind point at your guild hall and even storage.

With personal lots, there are gonna be alot of houses for alts.... and not enough for actual players. Players with all their alts, multiboxing/bots and claiming multiple lots for only one actual player. Yes it will happen. It always does. And when people see it happening, they quit playing that game.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If you actually play the game recently, you will find that They already have guild house system that members will have access based on ranks. One can also bind to a lot they have at least guest permission on.

Having access to banks in every town is the least of the problem in this game. The slot limit is global while the access is local. Putting stuff in five towns don't give you access to all items in any town, you will have to go pull the items from the bank you put them.

There is also huge cost associated to owning homes either from in game or real money. People won't just casually claim all the houses just because.

Also multibox won't work well here for 1) the game eats a huge resources and 2) you will get ban for using any kind of botting macros.

Stundorn and Kabalyero like this.
  8. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

At least you admit that it is a problem.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You don't have access to your stuff in every bank, only the one you withdrew it from. It does you not much good to use another bank. People complained about this too but the choice was made. Besides once you get your home you won't use banks as much anyway and if you need a place to stay please friend me in game or if I can help in anyway let me know. Wizards Rest has a residents lot for anyone to use while they get started. Welcome to the game Teralitha Tokomi :)

And yes some aspects of the game are easier than others. You bring up valid points, we definitely want to have the game give us choices and also challenge us. Anyway as mentioned the banks are everywhere for a reason that becomes more apparent as you go along, and sometimes finding out the hard way why that is ;). Who knows things change as the game is developed for many different reasons since we don't have the full picture always ;)

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I agree to the op generally , but don't see the issue with banks and criers.

Here are another suggestions.
    Remove Ankhs and if you die you just have one Bindspot.
    Remove Teleport Scrolls, Recall is all fine.

I am very, very casual, this would make it more hard to me, but more immersing , challenging and fun in the end !

11. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

You might accept it, but other casuals would scream bloody murder.... I saw a post from one casual already who didnt know about teleport scrolls, calling for fast travel! lol because they didnt "have time" to walk from place to place.... talk about extreme laziness.. If the devs pander to those kind of people it will be the death knell of the game before its even finished

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

well i know that thread, he's not cozy enough with char development ;)

its all about everything need to make sense, gives an effort and such - i am not that type of player - i just play along and rarely go for X wood or Y silver or whatever,
    i play along and sometime i see, oh i have x amount of y, what was it that i want to do with it, if i one time have that.
    You know i dont grind, althoug of course i sometimes clear scenes twice, but do not make 20 boring rounds to have 100 wood or something like that.
    Hell, what is this about playing? but they tend to call it "working" anyway :eek::D

Of course i sometimes think, ok, just 10 left, and i go for that 10 ressources, but i would never stick to a plan like i have to gather x amount of y and this takes me 5 hours doing the same all the time, like mining.
    I know someone who harvested 7000 Silver in 3 days, i think he was 10hours a day in Etceter, just to get the 7k silver ore.
    I do not wonder if people burn out playing if they do this and i always wonder how this can be fun.
    I would have honourable work to do if you want some clicker job with just less concentration needed, i can make you get payed for things like that, ofc you can sell the harvest on the Marketplace for real money too :p
    just joking, but i remember a job where one task it was to just check some lists an click, click, click was the only thing you need to do.
    Water is a goofd example, i just gather 10 a time, one day i have enough to plant and water my patches. Not willing to click too much to go clicking to much, just to save or earn some gold.
    But i love that we can grow things.

13. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

You know what they could do for people who dont play much, is give temporary % exp boosts to their skills after so much offline time. Many games already do that and it wouldnt have a negative affect on anyone else

uhop likes this.
  14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The problem I have with bank is that they store stuff locally, but cap globally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.