Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood! Blood everywhere!

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Blaze Barkley (RedDeer), Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Okay, I don't know if any of you guys tried to kill some helpless stags or rabbits in R19 yet but the blood splashes are something woth discussing IMO.

The thing is, they are really over the top! You put an arrow in that rabbit and *BWHAM* *SPLASH* blood everywhere! I swear it squirts as far as 3 meters in an amount no rabbit could ever contain. It's like in those Japanese cartoons!

And before you start screaming "bug" I beg you to reconsider because...well...the effect is really fun and satisfying for some reason! I never got as many rabbit carcasses as today! It's really fun to rain the bloody mayhem onto the poor little creatures!

What are your thoughts on the blood? I vote for not toning it down and maybe even for making the effect bigger/stronger for larger creatures :)

2. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

BLOOD AND GORE ... it ruined Quake 3 Live when removed completly making it completly different game.

As for SotA - I hope there not only be good quallity effects on blood during fights, but overall as well:

- Can you cut someones head after pvp? There sould be blood pool when you finish and his head should have blood on neck

- Have you finished combat? Your armor/sword should be coverd in blood (something like dragon age 1) for a minute

- Blood splashes on the ground / walls where the combat took place for a minute or so

- Do you have a bleed effect on your self/NPC? than make the bleed effect, leave bloody trail

For me SotA world looks very realistic and I was very happy to find the top floor of Tower of the Shuttered Eye to be and old torture room + prison. The scene is nice, but I would imagine it to be way mooore bloody in future *picturing scenes from diablo 2*

Overall, I vote for adding "BLOOD AND GORE" option in menu to be able to switch off "realistic" effects to some basic animation like now (so kids are not frustraded).

And when I am in it - the white kinda skeleton that you leave instantly behind you when you die .... its so very poor ... I believe this is just placeholder in alfa and will be done much more in detail (body, degradation, skelleton and rusted weapons, .... .... ....)

smack and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Not enough blood, we need Tarantino style blood, jk, but seriously, I think it's an improvement, at least there's some sign of the opponent getting some damage which is better than nothing.

Miracle Dragon, smack and Culaan like this.
  4. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

Those bandits would look way more cool should there be blood on the ground, a bit on the wood on the right where it splashed during the fight and on the swords ... It would make scene like this much more memorable

[​IMG]

5. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

This is how you should look after fight. It would be coold if you would have to "clean your self" first to remove this effect.....imagine group of people returning from dungeon into the city - this would make their city entrance really cool

[​IMG]

6. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

The before and after seem to be the same images :) And yes, you are right! It would be awesome to see a group of adventurers covered in blood entering the city. Or seeing bloody pvp arenas *dreams*
    I remember ultima games beeing quite violent (especially few last parts) which gave a really dark awesome mood to some parts of the game. I wish for that to happen here as well!

Sweetmcpwnsauce and smack like this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

nice, a lot of blooddddddd :p (from ZERO to ALOT)

Abydos and smack like this.
  8. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Also...remember that certain creatures like elementals shouldn't be spurting blood when struck. Noticed that in the eceter mines

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I was just playing and I do love the addition of blood also, but I would say at least have it temporarily show on the ground while you are fighting. This is probably just some of the first iterations of it and feedback is great right now and its not looking like it is totally happening since blood spurts quickly from where you are hit or where you hit and then it is gone suddenly.;)

Gatsu. and smack like this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I definitely think that when someone is run through with a sword and killed, and lying on the ground, there should be a pool of blood under his body. Though I guess it would depend on how the person was killed; what weapons were used. With a blunt instrument, there wouldn't be that much blood. With fire, he'd just be charred. With ice, he'd just be frostbitten.

I'm not against some blood stains, either. Though, you got to admit, all the blood in Dragon Age was a bit over the top and silly. You kill some rats, you're covered with blood.

11. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I'd be okay with blood pooling from blunt object strikes too. If you cream a bandit in the skull with a two-handed war hammer...that thing is going to pop like Gallagher smashing a watermelon and the resulting cavity is going to bleed quickly. Fallout would be a good template to look at for blood effects e.g. critical strikes = increased gore. Dragon Age was just ridiculous sometimes as redfish mentioned, but toned down a little its a cool idea.

KuBaTRiZeS and smack like this.
  12. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

I was mentioning DA in order to refer to blood coverage on characters....as for quantity of blood spilled ( :-D ) I would incline to witcher 1 style ;)

13. smack

smack Avatar

The bloodier, the better :)

14. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

blood like the residual skeletons, maybe for 10 minutes :)

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

One thing I like in Archeage is seeing the bloodspots where someone has died. Complaints from their forums where that the bloodstains were an object and thus prevented gardening in that spot for 30 mins to an hour. So I don't know if leaving blood on the ground after a battle would make it an object or if there is a workaround for that part. I have the feeling that seeing blood from a recent battle could have some interesting outcomes or at least be built in to give some investigations features to the game. ;) Well more later perhaps after coffee I could make senseo_O

16. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

Well it would only make sense that after big battle it is not possible to gather herbs oon the place :)

17. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Just have the blood as part of the corpse object, which disappears anyways shortly after being looted.

18. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

maybe the blood can be
    very red: 10 Min from latest fight
    red: 20 Min from latest fight
    brown red: 30 Min from latest fight
    brown: 40 Min

after that .. .blood disappear

this helps to undersand if PK or ORDERS are on the range of 10 min...

Sweetmcpwnsauce likes this.
  19. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Blood adds in some atmosphere we simply must have. Perhaps we could even see it extend into resources? A sword made of bloody metal could allow some particular enchantments or effects?

Sweetmcpwnsauce likes this.
  20. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Blood in Game = Less Kids allowed to play game = Good :)

Sweetmcpwnsauce and Abydos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.