Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood River feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by coder1024, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I know this area is still "under construction". I found myself there due to the lunar rift present in that scene, figuring I'd use it as an easy way to get over to Solace Bridge. Anyway, thought I'd provide some feedback based on my experience.

When zoning into Blood River from the world map for the first time, you find yourself in the following situation. You can't leave the zone and you can't get over to the Lunar Rift since the gate is locked. There's nothing indicating the gate is locked, if you move your target over it you get a tooltip "open gate" which doesn't do anything. So its unclear what you're supposed to do and there's no way out of the scene (other than, I suppose, logging out, and then picking "start on world map" when logging in, but I didn't try that).

I eventually figure out that this is a starting scene for one of the other main story lines and you have to find an item to give to the scavenger to get a dagger to talk to Edvard to then have him unlock the gate.

I found this to be very unclear. Given that you can enter this scene from the world map as well as (I'm guessing) from Isle of Storms with a new character, maybe this could be made a little more intuitive.

Also, does it make sense to ever lock you into a scene like that where, once inside, you can't leave without jumping through its hoops? Suppose you're on your way to meet some people and for whatever reason entered a scene (accidentally, or in my case so I could use the Lunar Rift, etc). Now you're stuck until you do whatever tasks it demands of you.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This will no longer be the case during R33. If you do not start in Blood River for the tutorial you will always get the Aftermath version; a new NPC is there to start you on the Path of Truth quest.

3. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

got it! thanks Lum :)

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.