Bludgeon needs an urgent fix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

@Antrax Artek Yea 200 is low bud..... Sara runs with around 280 .... I have 234 and i am Polearm. Blug has the highest SSD mod out of the whole game. Str translates into so much damage with blug. There are some minor tweaks needed like scaling for break armor and break weapon. Other than that Blug is fine on damage. With Zerker and Zerker Stance and the passives from blug .... 1 STR is so important for blug.

Now I am not saying that blug isn't the most gear dependent of them all. To get high STR it requires really good gear. Once you have that gear though... be prepared to hit things extremely hard.

Numa likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think you completely missed the point. Bludge is balanced now. Yes, it should take 2 minutes to kill a Reaper, in fact that is *perfect* time. Your argument is that polearm is uber so Bludge should be uber. That is completely wrong. Bludge is perfect, Polearm needs to be balanced. You should not be able to kill a dragon in less then 2 minutes solo. 2700+ hit sneak attack does not translate into asking them to make a 2900 hp ground pound, it translate into a SEVERE nurf needed for sneak attack.

Rada Torment likes this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Ok, let's suppose you're both right (and i have some doubts), why in r48 i could kill a dragon with bludgeon in less than 5 mins and why now in R49 after the weapon strenght change i need more than 15 mins with higher skills and stats?
    The goal of the thread is understand that.

@2112Starman I tested some hours ago with bow vs dragon and i killed in less than 5 mins, so the point now is: why all weapons are uber and bludgeon nerfed? It is balanced?

@Cryodacry So this 280 str requirement to hit more than 100 damage with bludgeon is something new of R49? Cause with less than 200 str i could crit 4x damage than now in R48.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Retro and belijaal like this.
  4. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

the only "nerf" you could of had was the SSD modifier on weapons being turned into a flat STR stat. I also don't think that was a nerf .... because of how STR is applied on Blug i am guessing that was a buff.

As for your ability to kill a dragon. I honestly don't know. There could be a Ton of factors here. I am really curious what your crit is. I am guessing it's probably not nearly high enough to warrent fast dragon kills. I just hit 23 % with polearm with Intesive investment.

Melee
    A = (Dex/20)
    B = (Weak Points + Vital Points + Deadly Night)
    C = Item Crit
    D = Weapon Crit Bonus from gear
    ((A+B+C)/100)*(1+(D/100))=Crit%

if your Below 20 % your not going to get a fast kill. If you did it's an RNJesus thing.

Trihugger likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

• SSD Modifier on Breaker Passive Skill is still Weapon Str Bonus and not flat Str stat.
    • We're not talking about fast dragon kill if not for the example i did for Starman.
    • Damage was tested on pratice dummy and players.
    • In R49 Critical and NonCritical Damage with bludgeon are around 4x less than R48 with less stats and skills level.
    • We not here talking about critical chance rules.
    • With near identical stats i hitted over 500 with polearm in around 30% of attacks, and i was using a 1h spear.

Said this, I pray you and anyone else do not hijack the thread from the main title.

Me and others bludgeon users noticed a drastic reduction of damage in R49 compared to R48 and the goal of the thread is to understand what happened,
    everything else is superfluous.

For the next answers i hope users will read the main thread and take a look to screenshots before post messages on different arguments

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

if that is the case then bug report it.... Sounds like Blug got messed up on the removal of the SSD mod which is new to R49. I wouldn't put it past that code being recycled into the blug formula and now being broken.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Some damage collected from one of best bludgeon user (lvl 138 on main skill).
    Sorry for the poor quality (these days i'm forced with low resolution on my old pc)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  9. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

OT - What's deadly night?

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

12. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm agree with you. When some things get buffed we think the rest should be buffed, and thats a huge problem. No one should be able to kill a dragon in 2 min, what about 4-5 min? is still super low time but double of what we have now.

The point is, we want to be able to kill bosses solo? yes, but the time we need for some is ridiculous.

Solazur likes this.
  13. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Deadly Night is the chest enchant from Moon Gems

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Afaik bludgeon is suppose to hit pretty hard with higher strength, more of a strenth bonus than poles.

There seemed to be an issue where sword skills were not taking strength into effect at all (or way too lightly) so perhaps bludgeon is having the same thing happen.

A good way to test it is to have 2 people with the same level bludgeon skills and using the same weapon with both people having much different strength with 1 person being well below 100 strength

Try using the basic charged attack and compare, then compare crushing blow or some other skill attack with each other

15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Oh dear god....Polearms ARE balanced now. While my friend @Cryodacry might disagree with me a bit as last time we talked he still thought they were a tad "under"; I think they still trail blades as far as pure DPS but they have other stuff going on that kinda rounds it out. I really think they're fine where they are now. It just slays me to hear people suddenly basically calling for a nerf just because something FINALLY comes up to speed. Blades have been off the charts since forever but suddenly the sky is falling because polearms actually do dmg. Mind you.. polearms aren't FOTM for me... I've been swinging polearms almost exclusively since around r23. Apologies @Antrax Artek .. I'm not trying to derail your thread.
    It kinda sounds like Bludg was the victim of one of those "ooops" moments in the math lab.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I'll make that determination myself tomorrow. I'll hit the Rise with my Bow and then switch to bludge to see how its doing. I'll stream it to see. Like I said earlier, I haven't seen this R49 bludge issue because I've been using my bow.

However, if "everyone" is switching to polearm for PvP because is the uber skill of the week... then it probably needs it. If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck... chances are its gonna happen. Typical cyclical nature of the dev in this game.

17. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Don't worry bud :) indeed i'm not asking a nerf to others weapons, but an urgent fix for a bug so finally all melee weapons can be competitive and work as intended :p

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Solazur likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Polearms are supposto have bigger crits by design and bludgeon are supposto be the king of stuns but all the stuns compete for diminishing returns. Imop the bludgeon stuns should not share the same cooldowns and diminishing returns as other cc.

Id also like to see axes seperated and a new tree for that line. Maces and Axes do different damage and axes do not do bludgeon damage its way more cutting/chopping.

Polearms and blades(blades strongest per Chris) are both pretty good, bludgeon is lacking now well more than now from the beginning they have been flawed. There are alot of balance issues left to fix this also includes a cpl of the magic tress and spells.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    eli, Retro and Solazur like this.
  19. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

aye.. sometimes it's almost funny.. idk. Like what's hard to understand about the concept that getting hit with a 20lb sledge hammer *might* hurt a little more than a 16 oz hammer

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

Happy to see our favorite weapon finally got adjusted :)

Now I have to craft myself some upgraded polearms.

Solazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.