Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bravo on the Path of the Oracle!

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

After completing 99% of the Path of the Oracle I really need to say, FANTASTIC Job! I had more fun on this path then all of the first three paths combined!! I won't go into each thing, or load up this post with spoilers BUT I do Hope... Request, and even PLEA that you take the needed time to revisit the scenes of the original three paths and add in some of the AMAZING Tech (and quest depth) you employed in the scenes of the final path. It honestly felt like the game BEGAN with this path and the first three was simply a walk-through of clicking the chosen words on the conversation screen.

Love seemed to me, out of the three, as the one I needed to do the most work to complete. Truth, although filled with a great story did not make feel like I had to do much other then search out NPC's. I did not feel challenged to "solve " anything. Courage really perplexed me because I fought more things in the Love path then in the Courage one. I am not sure the path to the Kobold King should be so not fraught with danger. I mean The Courage Part of the Oracle really made be feel like I was being testing for my worth. On the Path of Courage I felt more like a bystander, counsel or maybe even spectator? Perhaps that was as designed. There was certainly not near the amount of danger, compared to the Tower of the Eye, Crypt of the Avatar and Malice... They seem... lacking.

So in closing, this bit of feedback, I think taking the extra time to go back and "flavor up" the early scenes on the paths with goodies like you can do now would go a long way to feeling balanced across the whole journey of EP1.

Thanks again for reading and a really fun adventure!

Barugon, Hornpipe, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That's the plan!

3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Wow, that sounds promising. I kind of gave up on the quests in the hope that better tech would be used to improve them before launch and it sounds like that might now be on the way.

Hornpipe and Aartemis like this.
  4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I was really surprised. I look forward to the re-pass on the original paths now.

Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Where do we hear about this new tech?

Hornpipe and Leinad Laurelwreath like this.
  6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There is some nice VFX in the Confluence when you turn the quest items to get the book.

There is also nice VFX with the Shroud wearable cloak.

Vladamir Begemot and Hornpipe like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you find the page in Brittany? The clue "here in Brittany" is pretty vague.

[edit] Never mind.
    I just saw in another thread about talking to Spoony the Bard.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Same experience here. Aside from the final path, the other quest lines are still lacking much in potential.

The first time I felt really challenged here, although there could be a kind of "breach" in the storyline in the end:

I found very weird how Arabella just stormed inside the Oracle chamber, "charming" her guards and calling her that "INFERNAL MACHINE"! Pleading with you to not listen to her.... weird, wasn't that he same Arabella that instructs you to seek the Oracle on Island of Storms? The same that put you to seek advise on the Titans path?

A bipolar behavior? Have she found out something? And why no clue of that during all of the paths? Very weird finale indeed!

discipleofweb likes this.
  9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah I have a lot of unanswered questions as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.