Bringing back seasonal items??!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack SinAssist, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

I don't think the black cat ever expired completely.. the lower price ended Jan 4th 2016 as noted in https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=54576 (although there is a typo, it shows as 2015) which might have caused some confusion.

Balec Fares deCani and Tahru like this.
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

[​IMG]

Bom likes this.
  3. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Gotta love how people enjoy screwing stuff up for others. I missed those items last year and since I didn't see they were re-released before they were pulled I cant get them even though some others did. Kind of seems like once they allowed some to buy everyone should be given that option or they should remove them from the people that bought and give them store credit. Pulling them after letting some buy because a few people put up a stink is well stinky. This whole I got this rare and you don't attitude well it just sucks. Whatever...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Ravicus Domdred and Resolute like this.
  4. Resolute

Resolute Avatar

The fact that there are even expired items for an unreleased game speaks volumes about how anti-casual this game actually is.

It's all about servicing a small group of whales.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this game to new players/backers. Let the game fail due to the greed of the entitlement crowd.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Shoot... guess I should have been paying attention to the Add-On Store instead of work... I've been wanting a Reaper Mask, but haven't yet wanted one enough to be scalped.

6. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Yep that's pretty much how I feel dude. Jerked over by some people who had to cry cause their "rare" wasn't worth as much if it was re-released.

Resolute and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Uh... For clarity... I'm one of those Whales, dude... One of the whalier of the whales... though there are those whalier than me.

Damn proud of it, too... Whales got the game built.

8. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Last I checked this wasn't a discussion about how whaly you are bro... Geez.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I don't want to play both sides here, but my ethics dictate that I must. A lot of people spent a lot of money to help make the game a reality. After spending all that money, the game continually asks to spend more money on add-on store or stretch goal promotions. (Keep in mind most games are less than $40 completed). The wording on items was vague and its easy to understand that people that spend a lot expect a return on the generosity. Hence, it is not always about greed and entitlement, it is also about expectation and communication. I would be lying if I was not at least a little surprised from my own misunderstandings.

Whale is a highly suggestive term. I doubt anyone here has earned that title.

Bom and Kara Brae like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're the one that started tossing "Whale" around as a pejorative. I'm a Whale... You're speaking ill of whales...

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Are you a whale that cried about the masks being added in again? Those were the ones I was talking about. Reading is your friend sir!

Resolute likes this.
  12. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Ever hear of Star Citizen?

Tahru likes this.
  13. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Dude... Their gonna get you... Chill honey... Chill...

Blake Blackstone likes this.
  14. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

How do you keep coming up with this hilarious ness seemingly hour to hour? :)

THE HENDOMAN

Lazarus Long likes this.
  15. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Yes, I'm a whale. But it isn't just whales that are affected by this. Look at the players that bought things on the grey market and paid a premium - several of them feel jilted.
    I am also aware of what Rares do for the player economy. Not to mention, Portalarium's revenue stream is add-on store purchases. The best way to incentivize people to buy off the add-on store is to retire items. These items, we were told were rare and would not be offered again. Port messed up. They have partially corrected their mistake.
    Many of the rares are also meant to be rewards to the players who were early supporters of the game and not just backers. Unlike many, I was able to back the developers both financially and play time.

Bom likes this.
  16. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Look I don't even know what does or doesn't classify a whale, maybe it was the wrong term (went back and changed it to people in my previous posts for clarity). Heck I could even be classified as one for all I know. All i'm saying is that once they let some people buy even if it was an accident and wasn't "suppose" to happen it DID happen. Once it happened it happened some got to buy today some who probably wanted to didn't. HOW IS THAT FAIR? That is what I'm asking...

17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Those items taken away were supposed to be rare items, so the dev have to keep up their words and removes them.

There is more than a whole month before Halloween. That should be enough time for them to do a reskin for 2016 version of those items.

DancingShade, Bom, Pikegirl and 2 others like this.
  18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

They screwed up and apologized. Those items reappeared for a few hours at most. Lets move on and worry about more important issues. Such as attracting more people to play the game.

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

They made a mistake and corrected it, this is similar to arguing two wrongs make a right. A short window was up and a few people got lucky and the items are slightly less rare. Doesn't mean they should make them common.

Pikegirl, K1000 and Tahru like this.
  20. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Problem is by them rereleasing them at all it seems at least initially they didn't believe this to be the case. It only changed when people came here and cried foul. If they rerelease them with a different name I'm fine with that I don't really care about the name TBH. I just wanted a reaper and headless mask since I missed them last year and i'm sure others did as well.

Pikegirl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.